Fort Wilderness Campground with DVC points

5onadime

Mouseketeer
I would like to use my eligible DVC points to book a campsite at Fort Wilderness. I called and they told me I could not do that until 11 months out. Does that sound correct? I thought as long as the point chart was posted, it should be able to be booked. Thanks.
(I do understand I could rent the points and just reserve directly with cash.... I am choosing not to go that route)

Hi
You can't book any reservation with DVC until at most 11months out if it is your home resort. Doesn't surprise me to have to wait 11 months to transfer in for non-DVC reosrts.

Gotcha. I thought it worked more like the RCI/Interval which I thought you could do up to 2 years early. Of course I may just be randomly making up stuff ;)

^^ that.

Even if units are available for cash, Disney does not have to make them available as a DVC points trade. Campground is notorious for this. Do not count on being able to use points for a campsite.

Existence of a points chart does not mean they will be available for points.

^^ that.

Even if units are available for cash, Disney does not have to make them available as a DVC points trade. Campground is notorious for this. Do not count on being able to use points for a campsite.

Existence of a points chart does not mean they will be available for points.
I wouldn't even count on renting points and paying cash for a campsite (if OP decided to revise their strategy and go that route). The campground books what, 2 years in advance? Cabins might be more doable, but campsites are the real Golden Oaks over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter