Fountain of Nations in Epcot...permanently broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherokeemamma

DIS Veteran
Okay, I am probably one of only a few but I LOVE the Fountain of Nations in Epcot. One of my favorite past times in Epcot is to have a cup of coffee and just watch this fountain. My family is always making fun of me because I love it so much. My daughter is doing the DCP so I have been a couple of times in the last month and a half and every time I have visited Epcot (and she had reported for every time she has been there) the fountain is never dancing/performing. Does anyone know what is going on? I am so sad...:sad:

Okay, I am probably one of only a few but I LOVE the Fountain of Nations in Epcot. One of my favorite past times in Epcot is to have a cup of coffee and just watch this fountain. My family is always making fun of me because I love it so much. My daughter is doing the DCP so I have been a couple of times in the last month and a half and every time I have visited Epcot (and she had reported for every time she has been there) the fountain is never dancing/performing. Does anyone know what is going on? I am so sad...:sad:

No idea what is going on, just wanted to say I am with you on enjoying the fountain and disappointed that it has not been running. No water spouting at all a few weeks ago, not even in a static mode.

The fountain wasn't performing during the Festival of the Arts because they had live bands and acrobatic entertainment on the stage and it would get wet and have to be dried every time. It should be performing now
That is awesome! We will be going back late April so I will look forward to it! Thank you!

Yes, basically if there is something taking place by it, it won't be running, otherwise it should be.

I heard a rumor from one of those park vloggers that the Fountain of Nations is going away with the refurb of the area. Please say it isn't so! :scared1:

I'm pretty sure they are not maintaining the fountain any longer as it's not part of the future of Epcot. The space along with Starbucks and Club Cool will be going away shortly.
Arrgh... my DD11 loves Club Cool. That silly little afterthought is one of her favourite things at WDW.

You're not alone. The fountain is amazing. I've heard it was made by the same designer that made the fountain at the Bellagio in Las Vegas and that people from 29 countries brought water from thier homelands to pour into the fountain when EPCOT opened. My husband noticed it before the rest of our family and couldn't wait to share what he had found. It was love at first sight for me. One of the sweetest moments of my life was when my daughter made plans to snag me one of the coveted Starbucks tables overlooking the fountain. I could have watched it all day.

I love the Fountain of Nations! It's fun to get misted on hot days!

Last I'd heard, the Fountain (or a replacement) was getting moved further back, near the Gateway buildings during the rehab. But that's based on the artist rendering, I think. So hopefully we have the fountain in some form!

Missed watching it at F&G.
Have seen the reports that it will be going away with the EPCOT rehab. It will be greatly missed unless they can come up with something as unique

Oh, no. I love it during Christmas at night with the lights dancing away. I'd make a point to sit and watch for an hour or so.

Do you mean it’s not working or not at full capacity? The fountain was working as of Saturday but I’m not sure if it did all of the normal things.

I TOO love getting coffee and watching the fountain! I sincerely hope they do not remove this at least not completely.

I love the Fountain of Nations! It's fun to get misted on hot days!

Last I'd heard, the Fountain (or a replacement) was getting moved further back, near the Gateway buildings during the rehab. But that's based on the artist rendering, I think. So hopefully we have the fountain in some form!

New renders of the entrance show a new fountain going in in front of Spaceship Earth that harkens back to the original, but I don't know what that means for the Fountain of Nations.

For those worried about Club Cool, I keep hoping they will announce that it is moving to a new location (no word yet). That building will be going away, but that doesn't mean they won't relocate (they will definitely relocate the Starbucks).

As much as I like the fountain, Epcot needs some serious renovations. We were there today and it feels like a ghost of an amusement park when test track goes down for hours like it did today, no fountains, and all you see are Brazilian groups. At Germany, the Biergarten was empty, the German shops were desolate. Soaring was 20 min and we walked on to mission space. It was eerily bizarre.

Idon't believe rumors since almost 100% have been proven wrong. For example the recent country bears rumors closing being shot down. As for the upcoming rehab the original drawings still had it, so? Things can and do change, just wait till an official not an unsubstantiated statement by a vlooger

I believe the concept art has the fountain pushed back, like straight out from Odyssey, along with those 2 bubble buildings in close proximity... maybe that's the Starbucks and Club Cool of the future.

I too would love to see the fountain stay, even in a new location. As for Club Cool, I am glad I finally got to try the Beverly last time we were there. Its not as bad as people say it is! a little bitter, but certainly drinkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter