FP weirdness for March at DHS

When I made mine for the 11th this morning, only afternoon times were available. When I looked back earlier in the month, there is nothing before 12 available at DHS. There is still in Feb, which makes me think maybe they're still holding back 8-12, and/or there's still a problem. Does anyone who made them before noon in the first half of March, still have times before noon?

I never adjusted my DHS FP times for March 6th when new ones dropped and still have all three FPs for prior to noon (9, 10, and 11). One of them is SDD. If I try to modify any FPs I only see afternoon FPs for tier 2.

Yup, I’m pretty sure this is their attempt to rectify and smooth out the extra anytime FPs, being as most of the glitches were caused by Toy Story and Slinky in the 8-9am range - so the assumption is people who tried to grab those more than likely come in the morning.

I just noticed that as of this afternoon there is now ANOTHER flexible anytime FastPass for the Smugglers Run that turned into Muppets and it can be used March 1 - March 14.
Personally, I now have an interesting situation:

I have an anytime for SlinkyDog or any tier 2
I have an anytime for Toy Story Mania or any tier 2
I have an anytime for Smugglers Run or any tier 2

Now, if I were to go to Toy Store Mania or any other tier 2 first (which I was planning to), I wonder if it is smart enough to use the fast pass that doesn't have the optional Tier 1 rides. I would hope so?

I just noticed that as of this afternoon there is now ANOTHER flexible anytime FastPass for the Smugglers Run that turned into Muppets and it can be used March 1 - March 14.
Personally, I now have an interesting situation:

I have an anytime for SlinkyDog or any tier 2
I have an anytime for Toy Story Mania or any tier 2
I have an anytime for Smugglers Run or any tier 2

Now, if I were to go to Toy Store Mania or any other tier 2 first (which I was planning to), I wonder if it is smart enough to use the fast pass that doesn't have the optional Tier 1 rides. I would hope so?
As much as I hope the system would prioritize them correctly I don't think I would personally chance it. I'd do MFSR, then SDD, then TSM. If you want to try it in another order I would probably talk to the CM at the ride prior to tapping your MB to show them what you're talking about....just in case it doesn't pull them as you want.

I also was only able to make afternoon FPs yesterday for 3/10 at DHS, too, which I thought was pretty odd that the earliest I could get for anything that wasn't a show was 3pm. Today I made FPs for AK which had availability from 9am on (except for FOP of course).

However, since it was mentioned here before FPs before noon may have been pulled - I actually do still have FPs before noon for 3/2 and 3/6. They are how ToT (3/2), TSM and Star Tours (3/6). They were left untouched in last weekend's hiccup though I did end up losing Smugglers Run on 3/2 which was scheduled after ToT.

I do have that ominous March 1 to March 14 FP in my account as well now. It wasnt there this morning when I made FP reservations. The only tier 1 included in it is Smugglers Run plus everything in tier 2 so I think I received that as a replacement for the MFSR I lost? But that was also replaced with a multi experience FP for 3/2 *shrugs*

I got the Mar1-Mar 14 FP good for Smugglers Run and Tier 2 as well. The only FP erroneously changed from my account last week was Star Tours 8am moved to 11:40am. I was easily able to move it back to 8am the 3x this happened.

Correct. If you had it before, it is still there. But there is nothing *new* available in Hollywood before noon at the earliest, and in most cases 3pm. They are definitely anticipating the Anytimes, which I sincerely appreciate. It would have been chaos otherwise... with some people riding ToyStory 5x in a row and the FP line out the door. I was already nervous that we were doing to be in the park with opening of the new ride (coincidental) and now I am definitely more worried about long lines. So even just eliminating further fastpasses makes me feel a little better.

I got the Mar1-Mar 14 FP good for Smugglers Run and Tier 2 as well. The only FP erroneously changed from my account last week was Star Tours 8am moved to 11:40am. I was easily able to move it back to 8am the 3x this happened.
Did you get additional Anytimes each time you moved Star Tours as well?

I also received the "please don't hate us" anytime FP for Smuggler's run. lol March 1 - 14

I also received the "please don't hate us" anytime FP for Smuggler's run. lol March 1 - 14
I got the Mar 1-14 anytime fastpass which includes Smugglers run, too. I still have the anytime fps for tier 2 rides that replace the TSM fps that got zapped, so this new one is great. :)

Yeah I as well got the 2 week fast pass from Mar 1 to Mar 14 but also have an anytime pass on Mar 1. I want to keep the 2 week pass alive for Mar 7..I wonder how the system will know to use the Mar 1 anytime pass instead of the Mar 1 to Mar 14. With everything I have 5 fast passes...2 anytime passes and the 3 originals.. for Mar 1. This is quite the debacle...I wonder how it is all going to translate when we all get to the parks!

Correct. If you had it before, it is still there. But there is nothing *new* available in Hollywood before noon at the earliest, and in most cases 3pm. They are definitely anticipating the Anytimes, which I sincerely appreciate. It would have been chaos otherwise... with some people riding ToyStory 5x in a row and the FP line out the door. I was already nervous that we were doing to be in the park with opening of the new ride (coincidental) and now I am definitely more worried about long lines. So even just eliminating further fastpasses makes me feel a little better.

So are you thinking they pulled the daytime Tier 1 FP at HS from March 4 to say the 10th in order to accommodate all the Multiple Experiences they handed out for the glitch (glitch = moving opening hours to 8am, and booked FP's getting kicked out of the 8am-9am time slot)? If so, I agree with their decision, but it has pro's and con's. The Con being any 30 day FP booking is left with slim pickings, as in no Tier 1's available before 3-4 pm, if any available at all. The Pro being, like you said, crazy FP lines. The are the 60 days FP already booked (and the 90 day) and the Multiple Experiences FP. Now if you were to add in the 30 FP booking, it would be Total Gridlock......

Having said that, I wonder how far into March they went with this (theory). I have a split stay, on resort Mar 9-13, and looking to do HS on Mar 17. Anyone have the ability to check that date for availability? I believe AP's can book 30 days out, and as of today we are 35 days out.

Thanks for any help.

So are you thinking they pulled the daytime Tier 1 FP at HS from March 4 to say the 10th in order to accommodate all the Multiple Experiences they handed out for the glitch (glitch = moving opening hours to 8am, and booked FP's getting kicked out of the 8am-9am time slot)? If so, I agree with their decision, but it has pro's and con's. The Con being any 30 day FP booking is left with slim pickings, as in no Tier 1's available before 3-4 pm, if any available at all. The Pro being, like you said, crazy FP lines. The are the 60 days FP already booked (and the 90 day) and the Multiple Experiences FP. Now if you were to add in the 30 FP booking, it would be Total Gridlock......

Having said that, I wonder how far into March they went with this (theory). I have a split stay, on resort Mar 9-13, and looking to do HS on Mar 17. Anyone have the ability to check that date for availability? I believe AP's can book 30 days out, and as of today we are 35 days out.

Thanks for any help.

I can't check, but can tell you that that week is pretty wiped out in general. I believe the tier 1's for March 19 were all gone over the weekend. I have an SDD I'm trying to move up, but only rarely see one of the other tier 1's pop up to replace it (and nothing before evening).

We jus booked for Mar 14-19 yesterday. I tried DHS on the 15th - not a single FP but Muppets and a 7:30PM ST. Not yet 30 days out. I was not expecting SDD or anything, but no ToT, RnR. Nothing. Was definitely put off.

Thanks for any help.

You can check availability here:
https://touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/fastpass-availability/date/2020-03-17

I've read that they usually trickle in additional fastpasses as it gets closer to park day (As in not all fastpasses are available at T-90, T-60, T-30).

But I think at this point, if I was a betting man, I'd say they won't be adding in any additional fastpass availability until park day, if any.

Just looking at what is available, as I've mentioned there is absolutely nothing available before noon. It's pretty evident they pulled any remaining 8am to noon out of the system (anything that wasn't already taken). Anything that comes up (if you are lucky enough) is a result of someone else cancelling a current fastpass that wasn't effected. In many cases, I see nothing before 3pm.

Based on today's additional anytime award from March 1 - March 14, I think it becomes clear those are the official effected dates. Anything before and after should be okay.

Yeah I as well got the 2 week fast pass from Mar 1 to Mar 14 but also have an anytime pass on Mar 1. I want to keep the 2 week pass alive for Mar 7..I wonder how the system will know to use the Mar 1 anytime pass instead of the Mar 1 to Mar 14. With everything I have 5 fast passes...2 anytime passes and the 3 originals.. for Mar 1. This is quite the debacle...I wonder how it is all going to translate when we all get to the parks!
Please report back what happens on March 1st, I have a very similar situation and would love to have some intel on how it worked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter