Free Air from Spirit Airlines on 9/11

PoohBWV

<font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro
I just got sent this notice this a.m.

All flights on Spirit Airlines will be free on September 11,
according to an AP report. Passengers that have already paid
for Sept. 11 tickets will receive credit for a future flight.

If you are flying say from Detroit to Orlando leaving or returning on 9/11 your portion of the flight that takes place on 9/11 will be FREE!!! Spirit is doing this in response to some of the major carriers decision to cut back on flights on 9/11 due to poor bookings. They are saying that they want to see the skies full on 9/11! WOW!

Anyone for a quick trip?

Jeez, I'm flying to Disney on 9/11 (my dad figures no one will be on the plane with us), but we're flying on Jet Blue.

Far as I know, the tickets aren't free.

I am also flying on Sept 11 but with Air Canada. I booked it so long ago and I paid over $600 (yikes!!) I called recently to ask for a seat change (aisle seat now). They said there were plenty of seats to chose from!

Can't get onto the Spirit web site.S

All 9/11 are booked! Thats 13,000 free seats. S

I've had trouble getting into Spirits website also. It was jammed! I guess people aren't afraid to fly on 9/11 if its free;)

Watch Sandra as she approaches the soap box, climbs on up and preaches her thoughts on 9/11:

"I sadly think that things have gotten back to 'normal' since 9/11. Sadly, because I thought 9/11 would teach us all to be kinder, gentler, more thoughtful, less dollar hungry that before 9/11. The fact that 13,000 seats went so fast doesn't say to me ~ Gee, we'll show them we aren't afraid to fly ~ noppers, it says to me ~ gimmy gimmy gimmy gimmy. If we really wanted to show that we aren't afraid to fly on 9/11/02, we would all have booked and paid for trips that day. Everyday, I think of 9/11, every morning, I think ~ what can I do today to make someones life better, easier and happier ~ every night I think ~ was I a good person today, did I say anything unkind, was I fair? When I see petty people saying/doing petty things, I think of planes flying into buildings and the petty things don't mean a thing. When I think to myself, 'I really would like to lose 10 pounds' it suddenly hits me that 10 pounds means nothing to people who lost family 9/11 and I am ashamed. I don't buy into stuff like, I can worry about 10 pounds because that means things got back to 'normal'. I would hate for things to get completely back to normal. Things need to be better, nicers, tolerate, generous. That's what I think in SandraWorld. WOW, I can really let go can't I and I'm not even PMSing." CHAT SOON! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter