• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2009! ADRs open today, Post what you got!!!

UPDATE: they REFUSED to book the 10 days despite being ON property AND the package did NOT allow me to add the days, so I was told I HAD to book room only for additional 2 days to front of reservation...
I am NOT a happy camper :eek:
Good news was that I got Lecellier for 18th (which is WHEN my new reservation starts, so it is a joke really) cause they would not Book for the 18th but said since it was my check out day for 1st reservation, they'd book it..:confused3:confused3:confused3
WHo the heck knows...I am calling back...............

I had a split reservation w/ 3 nights and 5 nights, they still wouldn't let me book for my entire trip, so even if you had booked 2 days in front of your reservation they may not have let you do it. Dispite the semingly large amount of people that call at 7am on the boards, the majority of families don't plan this well, I'm sure you will still get most the reservations that you want even waiting a few days. :thumbsup2

Called at 7am. Waited 35 minutes. Was able to take a shower, iron the clothes, make breakfast and lunch by the time I got a CM but it was worth the wait. I got almost everything I wanted except CRT breakfast at the date and time I wanted but I decided to call back at 12pm and I got. It was a good day!

8/17 Crystal Palace
8/18 Princess Storybook
8/19 Ohana
8/20 CRT Breakfast and Fantasmic Dinner Package (Mama Melrose)
8/21 Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

Woke up late, so had to wait until I got to work at 7am central to call in.
I was on hold until 7:45 (after being told the wait time was less than ten minutes), but then I had to hang up and start working.

Called back during my lunch break at 10:30am. After being on hold for less than five minutes, I managed to get the really important ADRs (Le Cellier, Crystal Palace breakfast, etc) out of the way.

THEN I had to hang up and get back to work. So after I got home I called yet again and finished up my list. (30 minute wait this time around. Didn't seem so bad though, I sat here and checked my emails and stuff while on hold.)

Total wait time: 80 minutes
Number of times I had to hear the Tiki Room theme: 5

When all was said and done, I got the following:

08/16 Mama Melrose's - 4:45pm
08/17 Crystal Palace - 8:05am (really looking forward to this. Never been the park before opening before!)
08/18 Biergarten - 5:20pm
08/19 Tusker House - 8:20am (another pre-park opening time! Hopefully I get to take some empty park pictures.)
08/20 Boma - 6:20pm
08/21 Le Cellier - 7:15pm (better late than never I suppose)
08/22 Liberty Tree Tavern - 4:25 pm
08/23 Kona - 7:30am

Everything on my wishlist, all on the days I wanted. That's a first for me!

I called at 7am this morning, finally got a cm on the line at 7.50am. My cm was soooo slow, it took over half an hour to book at my ressies. I had to be at work at 8am so I was running around attempting to look like I was working while trying to book. I got everything I wanted, the only exception being I wanted Le Cellier for dinner and had to settle for lunch. Here's my list.

8/16 Cape May Cafe~ 6.00pm
8/17 Le Cellier~ 1.15pm
8/17 Coral Reef~ 6.50pm
8/18 Tuskerhouse~ 8.15am
8/18 Yak and Yeti~ 1pm
8/18 Jiko~ 7.30pm
8/19 Cinderella's Royal Table!!~ 8.25am princess:
8/19 Yachtsman Steakhouse~ 7.15pm
8/20 1900 Park Fare~ 8.35am
8/20 Sci Fi Theator~ 1pm
8/20 Kona Cafe~ 7pm
8/21 Cape May Cafe~ 10am

:banana:

I got to book on 5-16 because we have a split stay Starting on 8-14!

8~16 Sci-Fi @ 6:30
8~17 Big River Grill (no ressie)
8~18 1900 Parkfare @6:15
8~19 WPE Counter Service
8~20 Yak and Yeti @ 5:45
8~21 Cape May @ 10:50am, Le Cellier @ 6:05
8~22 Beaches and Cream (No Ressie)
8~23 Narcoossee @ 7:10
8~24 Chef Mickey @ 11:00am, Whispering Canyon @ 5:55

:cool1::thumbsup2:goodvibes:banana:

Do you think today was especially crazy because it is the very first day of free dining ADR's???

I am a bounceback girl, so I am wondering if it will be as crazy on my day???

What do you think?

So after procrastinating all day (because of the horror stories that I read about on this board), I finally called at 8:30p.m. I was on hold for 12 minutes before speaking with a CM. The system was going very slow, but I got everything I wanted. I was finished by 9:10p.m. Here's what I got:

Aug. 16th: Crystal Palace dinner
Aug. 17th: Sci-Fi lunch
Aug. 18th: Cinderella's Royal Table dinner (for our 25th anniversary)
Aug. 19th: Garden Grill dinner
Aug. 20th: Ohana breakfast

So glad that's over! Good luck to everyone!

Hello everyone-

I have a deposit on our August trip but I was wondering if I can make ADR's without having paid for my vaca in "full?" I have a reservation for August 16 - 26. Does anyone know? I know that I can just call but since I was on the boards, I figured I'd ask.

Thanks.

Finally Done!!! :goodvibes
I started this thread at a little before 7am and now I am finally finished 1 hour and 58 minutes later!

Here is what we have....we are a party of 14 some nights so this was a real worry for me....glad that we were able to get most of what we wanted....

8/13 => T Rex @ 7pm
8/14 => Boma @ 8pm (*first time here*)
8/15 => Cape May @ 6pm
:cool1:Free Dining Starts! :cool1:
8/16 => Mamma Melrose @6pm (no fantasmic available :guilty:)
8/17 => Yak & Yeti @ 5pm (*first time here*)
8/18 => Breakfast at Crystal Palace @ 9am
8/19 => Sci Fi @ 6pm
8/20 => Tappen Edo @ 6:30pm
8/21 => Chef Mickey @ 8pm
8/22 => Tutto Italia @ 6pm for us (*first time here*) and the rest are going to Mickey's Backyard BB@ @ 6:30!
8/23 => 1900 Park Fare @ 6:30pm

We are at Yak & Yeti on the 18th at 5:15... See you there!

Hello everyone-

I have a deposit on our August trip but I was wondering if I can make ADR's without having paid for my vaca in "full?" I have a reservation for August 16 - 26. Does anyone know? I know that I can just call but since I was on the boards, I figured I'd ask.

Thanks.

Yes, you can. Call now, if want something in particular! Good luck! :goodvibes

Do you think today was especially crazy because it is the very first day of free dining ADR's???

I am a bounceback girl, so I am wondering if it will be as crazy on my day???

What do you think?

People will have check in days and hit their 90 day mark every day between now and 10/3. I'd expect it to be pretty crazy from here on out.....

I'm asking this as nice as I can, but you spent an hour and 22 minutes on the phone to make 6 reservations and that is considered "smoothly" and the "cast member.... worked quickly"??:confused:

Most of that time I was on hold.
The actual reservations portion of the call only took about twenty minutes or so and I made a total of fourteen reservations.

only posted a few that were 'must have' on our list, because I was still at work and my notes/confirmation numbers were a disorganized mess.

I did learn a lot about being organized for next time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter