• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2009! ADRs open today, Post what you got!!!

Called between 1-1:30 got through within 5 minutes, got to reservation on the 24th puts me on hold because the system is having problems, and onto the next day Le Cellier, wait another 5 minutes, and the system goes down. She has my dates written down but had to transfer me and complete the reservations but with differnt times than the first. All within reason of the previous times so I didn't mind. Got everything I wanted and am very pleased overall. Here is what I got!

Sun., 16th - Ohana Dinner at 5:05 PM
Wed.,19th - Tutto Italia - Dinner at 5:30 PM
Thur., 20th - Biergarten - Dinner -at 6:30 P.M.
Fri, 21st - Cinderella’s Royal Table - DInner 4:30 PM
Sat., 22nd- Ragland Road Dinner at 6:00 PM
Sun., 23rd - Whispering Canyon Cafe -Dinner at 6:00 PM
Mon., 24th - Chefs de France - Dinner - at 5:00 P.M.
Tues., 25th - Le Cellier Steak - Dinner - Canada at 5:05 PM
Wed., 26th - Kona Cafe - Dinner at 5:35 PM
Thurs.???? Tomorrow

Ok...after 4 calls. Wait time of a total (all calls) 2 hr 27 min. On the 2nd and 3rd calls the system crashed and my ADR's were not saved. On the 4th call got through after 11 min and was NOT able to get the times I had earlier. Some were ok...close enough but not what I wanted and had to switch days...here's what I got.

AUG 17...nothing we wanted was open :sad1:
AUG 19...Crystal Palace 8:20 (orig had 8/17 8:05)
AUG 20...Sci-Fi 4:25
AUG 21...Garden Grill 5:55
AUG 22...Hollywood & Vine 8:20 (orig had 8:05)

That was all I was able to get and I tried for book a couple of the Grand Gathering evens and they were booked for the whole 10 days we are there.

Well I guess some are better than none!!!!

Ok...after 4 calls. Wait time of a total (all calls) 2 hr 27 min. On the 2nd and 3rd calls the system crashed and my ADR's were not saved. On the 4th call got through after 11 min and was NOT able to get the times I had earlier. Some were ok...close enough but not what I wanted and had to switch days...here's what I got.

AUG 17...nothing we wanted was open :sad1:
AUG 19...Crystal Palace 8:20 (orig had 8/17 8:05)
AUG 20...Sci-Fi 4:25
AUG 21...Garden Grill 5:55
AUG 22...Hollywood & Vine 8:20 (orig had 8:05)

That was all I was able to get and I tried for book a couple of the Grand Gathering evens and they were booked for the whole 10 days we are there.

Well I guess some are better than none!!!!

My 90 day mark was Sunday and I couldn't get anything before 8:20 on the 19th! Strange that the ressie times on 8/19 that are still available is 8:20??

I had to change one day as LeCellier was closed for 8/17 took Boma instead as we want to do AK EMH anyway.

8/17 Wave 7
8/18 Boma
8/19 Chefs le France
8/20 Aloha show
8/21 Mama Melrose Fantasmic
8/21 Park Faire
8/22 Teppan edo
8/23 Chef Mickeys
8/24 Crystal Palace
8/25 LeCellier

8/26 come back home doing counter service only

My 90th day isn't until the end of July, but this thread makes my head hurt. There isn't any restaurant I want to eat at badly enough to sit on the phone for two hours. When I look at some of the ADR lists, I have to go back to what my son said last year when we went: too many ADRs really screwed up the spontaniety of the days; there were times he and his family just wanted to grab something on the run and keep going.
I fully expect that the dining reservation lines will continue to be like this until sometime in July when all ADRs for the free dining period have been made.
I sure hope someone at Disney is smart enough to NOT open access to the online system until free dining is over.

Finally done!!! :cool1: I had the same problems as everyone else, couldn't book beyond 8/16 yesterday with the one day reservation, long hold times, system down and had to call back, etc. etc. I actually just hung up about 5 minutes ago. Lots of buffets for us this time....we're traveling with a toddler who has little to no patience for waiting in restaurants. :)

8/15- T Rex 6:15 (they transferred me to the restaurant because they make their own reservations)

8/16- Tusker House 8:25am
8/17- Crystal Palace 8:10
LTT 6:50
8/18- Biergarten 6:15
8/19- Hollywood and Vine 8:20
50's PTC 8:15 (this is all we could get- I'll be calling back later for a better time)
8/20- Mickey's Backyard BBQ This one was a huge hassle. She ended up having to transfer me to guest services because she wasn't getting any availability for the whole month of August.
8/21- Whispering Canyon Cafe 6:15
8/22- Chef Mickey's 6:35
8/23- 1900 Park Fare 8:05 am

My 90th day isn't until the end of July, but this thread makes my head hurt. There isn't any restaurant I want to eat at badly enough to sit on the phone for two hours. When I look at some of the ADR lists, I have to go back to what my son said last year when we went: too many ADRs really screwed up the spontaniety of the days; there were times he and his family just wanted to grab something on the run and keep going.
I fully expect that the dining reservation lines will continue to be like this until sometime in July when all ADRs for the free dining period have been made.
I sure hope someone at Disney is smart enough to NOT open access to the online system until free dining is over.

For us- we feel the dining we do on our vacation is as much fun as going to the parks. Course we are there for 18 nights and don't have to run throught the parks. Half the fun is knowing you have lunch here or dinner there. I look forward to that each day as much as I look forward to the park I'm going to. :love:

Called at 7 and told the wait time would be 30 min.,the CM told me when she got to work there were already over 300 calls waiting. It took awhile because I had 19 ADR's to make & the CM was confirming after every 6 or 7, as her computer had dropped a bunch of them in an earlier session. We got everything we wanted & the times are all really close!!! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2:

8/16 Arrival/ Whispering Canyon(dinner)
8/17 Chef Mickey, Chrystal Palace, Trails End
8/18 CRT, Cosmic Rays(OOP), 1900 Park Fare
8/19 Akershaus, Le Cellier, Spirit of Aloha
8/20Cape May, Hollywood & Vine(Fantasmic),Planet Hollywood(11:30)
8/21 Tusker House, Chefs De France, Garden Grill,
8/22 Park Fare, Sci-Fi Dine in, 50's Prime Time
8/23 Boma(breakfast)/Departure

from start to finish just over 2 hours! :dance3:

I called this am for my reservations but was on hold so long that I had to hang up to go into work....I get no cell phone reception at work! I called again after work and was on hold/phone for 49 mins! Got everything we wanted, except Ohana:confused3!
Here's where we're going:
Boma....8/16
Coral Reef...8/17
Crystal Palace...8/18
Whispering Canyon Cafe...8/19
GF cafe...8/20
Garden Grill...8/21

Reservations are set for our August 16-21 Vacation:

8-16 - Chef De France
8-17 - Le Cellier
8-18 - Tony's
8-19 - Coral Reef
8-20 - Ohana
8-21 - Le Cellier (again!!)

So happy to our reservations set. Called in at 7:58 and was on hold for thirty minutes. "hold" music or tape is awful as usual - so much static. Once the representative got on the phone, his voice was really loud and had an echo --- BUT WE HAVE OUR RESERVATIONS!!!:cool1::cool1:
That is azaming that your wait was so short and you called in after 7am..no circuits busy or crashing systems

Ahh wait :( :( i thought you have to wait 90 days till you leave. I leave the 25th of August and people are making ADR's already hey whats the catch

No, I don't know any underhanded tricks! But because I had booked through DU, my agent did all the work for me and got me almost everything I wanted exactly when I wanted it :cool1::cool1:(Ohana dinner is the only one that didn't happen, yet) :banana::banana:

8/16 - Chef Mickey's 7:55 pm
8/17 - Kona Cafe 8 pm
8/18 - Planet Hollywood 8 pm
8/19 - Chef Mickey's 7:25 am
8/20 - Coral Reef 7:55 pm
8/21 - 1900 Park 8 pm
8/22 - (nothing booked because spending the day at Discovery Cove)
8/23 - Mama Melrose Fantasmic! 3:50 pm
8/24 - 1900 Park 8 am
8/25 - LeCellier 8 pm

:flower3: Thank you DU!!

The great thing about Disney is that there isn't a right or wrong way to do it. We are all free to plan and vacation the way we see fit.

I'm happy to spend a few hours on the phone now because it means I won't have to worry about where we'll eat once we get there in August.

Do what works for you and your family. But please don't knock us for doing what works best of our families.

After being disconnected at 7:32 and not being able to get through again, I had to leave for work (35 minute ride) Since I want to live to see my vacation, I decided that highway driving and cell phones don't mix.

I was finally able to get back on hold at 8:58 and all was said and done by about 10:20 a.m.

It's the first time I ever made ADR and didn't really know what to expect (except what I've read here) but it went smoothly. The cast member was very nice, and worked quickly. I will need to make a few more for the tailend of the trip, but I'm not worried as I was able to get the things we deemed most important including:

Crystal Palace 8:10 a.m. (so DD can take Main Street pictures)
Donald Safari
Chef Mickey
Prime Time
Park Fare
Whispering Canyon

I'm asking this as nice as I can, but you spent an hour and 22 minutes on the phone to make 6 reservations and that is considered "smoothly" and the "cast member.... worked quickly"??:confused:

HellOO!! i thought the booking date was 90 days before your stay. People are booking for the 25th and 26th of august already. please tell me this is a mistake

HellOO!! i thought the booking date was 90 days before your stay. People are booking for the 25th and 26th of august already. please tell me this is a mistake

If you're staying on site, it's 90+10.

I have split reservation 8/14- 8/16 and 8/16-8/25. (not doing ADRs for the first 2 nights). Today I was able to make ADRs for August 16-26.

If you're staying off site, you have to call in each day to book your ADRs.

If you are staying on Disney property you can book 90 days in advance, plus the next 10 days out(the 90+10 saying). So people on property could book from 8/16-8/26 today. Tomorrow 8/17-8/27....

You can book up to 10 days of your stay, if staying on property, today calling in , meant that you arrive on 8/16...so ten days forward.
Personally I went thru a NIGHTMARE with multiple hang ups, really long holds, lost reservations and finally the next cm said that split reservations would not be booked 10 days. I gave up!
My family decided to call instead, guess what, THEY BOOKED EVERYTHING. And let me tell you, many many people must have lost their reservations as I did because we got BETTER times and ALL the restaurants we wanted....it is almost scary......SO, I say, try , try and try again...it was a fiasco, but ultimately with confirmation numbers in hand, I feel very lucky indeed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter