Free Dining 2015 - The Results - Poll

Free Dining 2015 - Did You Get What You Wanted?

• a) I got the resort and room category I wanted and all is right with the world. Disney rules!

Votes: 161 58.1%
  • b) Not quite, but still got the discount and an acceptable resort and room.

Votes: 86 31.0%
  • c) Had to compromise and move to a resort I didn't want. Still got FD but not pleased.

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • d) Got squat. I'm going to Universal.

Votes: 21 7.6%

• Total voters
We had to cut one day off our original plan in order for free dining offer to show up at CSR (12 nights to 11) but are okay because we are heading to the beach after that. Will just add a night to the beach stay and head out in the evening rather than the next morning. Not happy about having to add PHs either but super excited to be staying at CSR with free dining for 11 nights!

All Star Music was all I could get and that's definitely not my first choice but I feel lucky to get a Value Resort at all. We've always stayed at POR so we're interested to see what the Values have to offer. I expect it to be fine for my family of 3. Its becoming harder to justify the difference in price between Value and Moderate.

For people who couldn't book I say keep checking back. It took me 3 days but I finally got lucky.

Kept checking the website and I was able to change my FD reservation from ASSp to Pop Century standard room. :cloud9: Keep checking the website, it seems the yesterday a bunch of availability came out.

Looks like the majority of participants got what they wanted.

It took a couple of weeks, but I'm finally at an A. I'm a moderate resort girl all the way and Caribbean Beach was showing nothing for my week except the Pirate rooms. First I booked a Fort Wilderness cabin as the only option even close to what I was looking for. I was not excited. We did not want to stay in a campground even if it was amazing. My next plan was to upgrade to deluxe and spend significantly more. Then I managed to snag 6 nights at CBR in an preferred room for 5 and finally 7 nights in a standard room. Persistence paid off for me!

I have to change my answer to "A." I happened to be on the internet checking stuff yesterday and found a RO discount for the Poly for us, for only $250 more than boardwalk. This is where we wanted to stay originally, and with RO and no park hoppers we added the DP and it ended up costing less than I originally budgeted assuming free dining at the Poly. So, all so right with us now!

I changed my answer from D to A. We were going no matter what, but that wasn't an option. All I can say is keep checking. POR was showing no availability for the dates we were booked and I just checked on a whim last night. Same room type availability showed and we were able to snag it. Saved $1300. Woo hoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter