Free Dining and DVC

I'm thrilled the free dining promotion will be over by the time we arrive in October. To me the free dining is totally not worth it, makes the parks crowded, makes getting an ADR impossible, and also is destroying variety in the menus.

~Amanda

We went during free dining last Sept, Sept 5-12. The parks were empty except for Sat at MGM because of some class trip.

We literally did MK in5 hours, including PP and all mtns twice. I think you could actually *count* the people on Main Street. We walked right onto to every ride, including Soarin' and EE, and RnR and ToT even though that park seemed a bit more crowded.

The restaurants were a little more crowded and Chefs de France put a hamburger on their menu, but other than that we really saw no difference, and DH has been almost every year of his 36 years.

We were there in Sept. 2005 when there was free dining, and the crowds around the parks were very low, but I would definitely make ADRs for places you really want to eat, as the restaurants always seemed to be crowded.

We were there too and I agree with everyone...the parks were not crowded.

We also didn't notice the restaurants being overly busy either with the exception of Le Cellier.....but that one always seems crowded now. I suppose it depends on the restaurants you frequent.:confused3 We most often have breakfast and dinner in the resorts and rarely do a buffet.

I went twice durning free dinning one year I paid for the DDP -DVC- I had no problems without ADR's either time except Canada..... I remeber when this place was empty... anyway that is if you are a smaml party 4 or less if you are going with a group you will need ADR's
The best part is although there are more people (not a lot) they spend all thier time eating to maximize the DP as they say so you have the attractions to yourself..
I did find I spent a lot more time eating when I purchased the DP and I would have ended up spending about 75.00 more for a group of 5 had I not purchased it but I would have never ordered that much food.. Just cutting out the desert with lunch would have saved more than the 75 but this is my opinion... The paln is worth it though if you make ADR's and eat at the more expensive TS every night.

So I'm curious how this would work, if at all---

We are considering going down for free dining at the end of August, and stay at a non-DVC resort :eek: We are planning a June 2008 trip with points. Since I have to get at least a 1-day pass for everyone to qualify, would I be able to get an annual pass with the DVC discount or upgrade the myw ticket once I'm down there through DVC? That way we're all set with park admission for the June trip. I hope that makes sense

So I'm curious how this would work, if at all---

We are considering going down for free dining at the end of August, and stay at a non-DVC resort :eek: We are planning a June 2008 trip with points. Since I have to get at least a 1-day pass for everyone to qualify, would I be able to get an annual pass with the DVC discount or upgrade the myw ticket once I'm down there through DVC? That way we're all set with park admission for the June trip. I hope that makes sense

there's a thread on planning board w/info

Only thing is while they currently provide for exchanging of unused tix to an upgrade; you never know how Disney will tweak their policy. (You used to be able to trade partially used tix, but that stopped end of '05).

Who knows, the AP discount perc could be revoked too:confused3 with another format/discount or nothing at all.

i'm just thrilled they offer us the DP w/o a resort stay.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter