Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I'm taking multiple deep breaths. Lol I know it'll be fine...I just can't wait to go at this point.

So I can't just do a fp when I get to whatever park we're going to like using the kttw cards? I have to plan ahead with the mbs?

Yep, you can do a regular FP.:banana: But I guess starting on the 27th, Disney is going to start testing using MB's ONLY for some guests; they will not get the KTTW cards. I did not experience this, but, there have been reports on some Disney fan websites, that there are not as many regular FP's available/running out sooner, because they are being used up because so many folks are using FP+ .:confused3 Do not know if this was a temporary thing or some folks trying to start a riot....:rolleyes1

plutospalforever said:
Yep, you can do a regular FP.:banana: But I guess starting on the 27th, Disney is going to start testing using MB's ONLY for some guests; they will not get the KTTW cards. I did not experience this, but, there have been reports on some Disney fan websites, that there are not as many regular FP's available/running out sooner, because they are being used up because so many folks are using FP+ .:confused3 Do not know if this was a temporary thing or some folks trying to start a riot....:rolleyes1

Yeah....I'm not liking that. I'm a winging it kind of Disney guest....I'm not a planner. Other than Saturday and Sunday, I have no idea what parks we're going to or when. I liked the KTTW FP because once your at the park you can get FP for whatever ride you want. Hopefully they'll start doing that for MB. But I can see how its limited due to FP+. I'm sure people not on the boards or that read up on current Disney things had no idea about FP+.

Yeah....I'm not liking that. I'm a winging it kind of Disney guest....I'm not a planner. Other than Saturday and Sunday, I have no idea what parks we're going to or when. I liked the KTTW FP because once your at the park you can get FP for whatever ride you want. Hopefully they'll start doing that for MB. But I can see how its limited due to FP+. I'm sure people not on the boards or that read up on current Disney things had no idea about FP+.

When we were there a few weeks ago, I changed the times and/or attractions of our FP+ selections almost every day. Usually, while waiting in line, I'd decide that we needed to change something that day and using the MDE app, I'd make the changes. We had the option to use the regular FP system, but didn't end up needing it.

You're going to be fine either system you use. Take a deep breath... it will be a fabulous trip! :goodvibes

SlightlyocdDisneyfan said:
When we were there a few weeks ago, I changed the times and/or attractions of our FP+ selections almost every day. Usually, while waiting in line, I'd decide that we needed to change something that day and using the MDE app, I'd make the changes. We had the option to use the regular FP system, but didn't end up needing it.

You're going to be fine either system you use. Take a deep breath... it will be a fabulous trip! :goodvibes

Lol thank you! I've never planned a strictly Disney trip. We went last year but we stayed with my FIL and we only did 3 days in Disney. This is our first time staying on property and spending a week there. And I'm still trying to figure out the MBs. I didn't put any FP on them.

Last question maybe... I have party tickets for the 29th but not park tickets for earlier in the day. I know we can get in at 4, so can I book fp+ and use our magic bands in the park between 4-7 or will I be able to get paper fps with our party tickets?

reneaterry said:
Last question maybe... I have party tickets for the 29th but not park tickets for earlier in the day. I know we can get in at 4, so can I book fp+ and use our magic bands in the park between 4-7 or will I be able to get paper fps with our party tickets?

I booked FP+ on my party day. Worked fine. But I did buy a package and had those tickets linked to my MDE act. I also linked my party tickets to my account before everyone decided you shouldn't do that.

Chela227 said:
I booked FP+ on my party day. Worked fine. But I did buy a package and had those tickets linked to my MDE act. I also linked my party tickets to my account before everyone decided you shouldn't do that.

Why shouldn't we link our party tix in MDE?

Don't give up! Next to the "quote" button, should be another, smaller, button with a picture of a quotation mark (there is a piece of paper in the background, along with a plus sign). That is the button to hit in each persons post. Maybe I should ask if you are on computer or ipad, iphone??? If not on computer it is different and I will give you different directions. We'll get this!:goodvibes

On IPad most of the time. I have no doubt we will get this. The DIS'ers are awesome.

I have a package just wasn't using it for that day. Guess it's not going to hurt to add them.

That is so awesome you are the planner. I am the planner in my family and have been planning our Disney trip for 1.5 years!!! I could handle the planning for the trip but I am also planning to fly to WV for my son's college graduation the week before our trip so planning two trips at once is just a little stressful for me. Thanks to everyone on the boards for keeping the Disney stress a little less ... :worship:

I haven't heard of a "rigged day" but sounds like fun ... can you provide more information please :yay:
Ok, most days we all have ADR or FP , a "rigged" day is where each family member gets to pick anything they want to do. Usually it ends up being a very busy day. Our kids will not find out until the day before so the "rigging" was planned by me for this trip....

Nov 15, (rigged)
Sleep in morning
Ohana's breakfast at 10:30
Then Poly morning swim and relax.
12:00 MK
1:00 potc FP
2:00 SplM FP
Shopping for take home gifts!
3:30 Liberty tree tavern ADR
5:00 SPM FPe
6:30 BOG ADR
7:00 MVMCP
8:30 Wishes dessert party.
Close the park down at midnight!!!

Thats an example of a rigged day!
Why shouldn't we link our party tix in MDE?

Even if you get the tix to link, they will not work. MDE is not supporting this currently. Make sure you bring your paper tix or cards!!!!!!!!

Ok pop question for everyone!!!!!!

1. What is the one new packed item you brought last time that you will be sure to bring this time???
Ours was a pop up laundry bag..... New to us last time, but we will not leave without it now.

Ok, most days we all have ADR or FP , a "rigged" day is where each family member gets to pick anything they want to do. Usually it ends up being a very busy day. Our kids will not find out until the day before so the "rigging" was planned by me for this trip....

Nov 15, (rigged)
Sleep in morning

Even if you get the tix to link, they will not work. MDE is not supporting this currently. Make sure you bring your paper tix or cards!!!!!!!!

1. What is the one new packed item you brought last time that you will be sure to bring this time???
Ours was a pop up laundry bag..... New to us last time, but we will not leave without it now.

Lol, geeze, reading that day, I couldn't help in my head going through all those experiences ... as if I was there myself enjoying a day at WDW ... I even thought about what I would shop for during your "shopping" section !!!!

Here is the honest question though, I read, LTT adr at 3:30, and then 6pm BOG ... and images of my last LTT meal and then the BOG pork flashed through my head and I though ... "wait, how am I eating all this at once ???" hahahaha

Is that a REAL plan for a day (I kind of think it is) ... is your LTT lunch too close to your BOG dinner ? My portion at BOG was pretty big, same with LTT ... I don't think I could finish both in a space of 2:30 -3 hours ... and both are too yummy not to finish !!! :)

Lol, geeze, reading that day, I couldn't help in my head going through all those experiences ... as if I was there myself enjoying a day at WDW ... I even thought about what I would shop for during your "shopping" section !!!!

Here is the honest question though, I read, LTT adr at 3:30, and then 6pm BOG ... and images of my last LTT meal and then the BOG pork flashed through my head and I though ... "wait, how am I eating all this at once ???" hahahaha

Is that a REAL plan for a day (I kind of think it is) ... is your LTT lunch too close to your BOG dinner ? My portion at BOG was pretty big, same with LTT ... I don't think I could finish both in a space of 2:30 -3 hours ... and both are too yummy not to finish !!! :)

Yup its real, LTT will probably be a small snack more than a full meal. We will probably spilt a meal between two people.
BOG is the real dinner. We will also probably shoe up a half hour early to LTT , usually they can seat you earlier for many ADR's if you ask nicely. Its more of a sit down to relax then to eat a full meal.

BOG will be the big meal that day, but even after that we have the Dessert party....
Me thinks we will need to loosen all waist bands by the end of the day no matter what!!!

Yup its real, LTT will probably be a small snack more than a full meal. We will probably spilt a meal between two people.
BOG is the real dinner. We will also probably shoe up a half hour early to LTT , usually they can seat you earlier for many ADR's if you ask nicely. Its more of a sit down to relax then to eat a full meal.

BOG will be the big meal that day, but even after that we have the Dessert party....
Me thinks we will need to loosen all waist bands by the end of the day no matter what!!!

I'm full just reading it all!! Ha!

Nov 15, (rigged)
Sleep in morning

That is my kind of day, except the sleeping in part. LOL

The pop up hamper is a must on any trip. Last time I took the all in one laundry sheets and loved them. Will take those again.

On IPad most of the time. I have no doubt we will get this. The DIS'ers are awesome.

Okay, on iPad, the gray strip that contains the posters avatar, join date, etc., tap on that. To the left you will see a white box, tap the white box and the gray area should turn yellow. Repeat for all the posters you want to quote and then go to top right corner and tap on the blue arrow box. That should pop up choices and the very first one should be "multi quote". Tap it and then all the quotes should appear as they would in a single quote. Good luck! I feel good about this!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter