Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kat016 said:
Yes we are!!! We went to AK today. Did Everest 2 times, KRR once and got soaked, KS once, Dinosaur 2 times, the dinosaur rollercoaster that spins twice and triceratops twirl once. Very productive day....we got there around 2:30 and left at 7. Tomorrow we're doing MK all day!

We will be at MK until after lunch. We eat at 2 at The Plaza. Love that place. Then to HS for EMH. If you see a girl walking with a 2007 blue Disney book bag with Kermit and lime green Mickey pumpkin head attached to it it's me!!!!

bookgirl said:
I was thinking about you guys today. Our connecting flight was in St Louis, the airport is COVERED in cardinals national league champion gear. There were tons of people in the airport all wearing World Series stuff.

We got up at 3 as well.

Lol! We were waiting in the ME line and there were tons of people wearing Red Sox stuff.
Our butts were dragging last night. I couldn't wait to get back to POP and go to bed. We're up now...going to try and hit MK at rope drop.

KermitRinny said:
We will be at MK until after lunch. We eat at 2 at The Plaza. Love that place. Then to HS for EMH. If you see a girl walking with a 2007 blue Disney book bag with Kermit and lime green Mickey pumpkin head attached to it it's me!!!!

Ill have a blue Walt Disney world sling bag....if you see that its me!!
We're going to try and be at MK at rope drop. I've always wanted to see the big production they do.

All those who are headed to Disney...I hope you have a wonderful time.

Thanks too for the well wishes. I'm taking a mild non narcotic as my body doesn't do well to drugs. I've managed to work out more than half of the issues already. I can touch my chin to my chest which I couldn't do a week ago and my range of motion is back. I'm down to this very dull ache in my shoulder and arms especially when I awaken. I'm confident I can work tho out over a bit more time.

I hope things improve for you.

Also , as promised , tee shirt number one... This one is mine...i'll post another family members shirt over the next few days. Essentially the main design is the same, with slight variations....make sure you check out the top back of my shirt!!!! :)

Omg I love these

Booking our package with QS if they offer free dining how would our credit be given if package is paid in full? If given credit on account and at end of our stay we still have credit left how would the credit be given?

It looks like you have a stay in 2014 from Oct 13-17th? Historically the week around Columbus Day has been excluded from free dining promotion. This year free dining was excluded from Oct 3-17th. But, yes, as of right now, if your dates fall within the free dining promo and you have a package booked, you would just call and have it applied to existing ressie; Pop has always been included and usually has availability. You would be refunded on the method of payment you paid with. For credit cards it may take up to two months for refund to show up; but others have reported much shorter turn around. If you happened to pay by Disney gift card, save those, because the refund would have to be put back on that. Sounds like an awesome Disney adventure! Have Fun!!:goodvibes

Also , as promised , tee shirt number one... This one is mine...i'll post another family members shirt over the next few days. Essentially the main design is the same, with slight variations....make sure you check out the top back of my shirt!!!! :)

Awesome!!!!:thumbsup2 You may be inspiring some ideas for my next trip!;)

It looks like you have a stay in 2014 from Oct 13-17th? Historically the week around Columbus Day has been excluded from free dining promotion. This year free dining was excluded from Oct 3-17th. But, yes, as of right now, if your dates fall within the free dining promo and you have a package booked, you would just call and have it applied to existing ressie; Pop has always been included and usually has availability. You would be refunded on the method of payment you paid with. For credit cards it may take up to two months for refund to show up; but others have reported much shorter turn around. If you happened to pay by Disney gift card, save those, because the refund would have to be put back on that. Sounds like an awesome Disney adventure! Have Fun!!:goodvibes

Thank you for the info!

Quick question we fly in on November 20 for 2 nights at AOA then on the 22 move to POR can I put my POR ME tags on my checked bags and just have them sent directly to POR so that we dont have to mess with moving them over?

Quick question we fly in on November 20 for 2 nights at AOA then on the 22 move to POR can I put my POR ME tags on my checked bags and just have them sent directly to POR so that we dont have to mess with moving them over?

Anyone checking in today? Wondering if the October 27th rumor for not getting KTTW cards is true and what will happen getting legacy FP too!

Hi Everyone!
Just thought I'd post about our trip....Oct. 5th-12th...We had a super fun time. A few hiccups in the road, but the rest was awesome. The hiccups were: Clearwater Marine Aquarium was closed starting the date we had timed/dated tickets for (yes, really!) due to filming Dolphin Tale 2, so we didn't get to see Winter...and we're not happy since we bought TIMED/DATED tickets, and they called us during our flight to tell us they'd be closed. Second hiccup was we couldn't go out to the launch sights at Kennedy Space Center bc that part was closed due to the government shutdown. Third hiccup was our flight home was delayed 4.5 hours due to plane trouble, so we got home at 3:30 am instead of 11 pm as planned. BUT....other than that, it was great!
RR at POR was gorgeous! Fortunately, we had the decorative bedspreads when we were there, as I hear they're now being taken away.
Once we got our travelocity tix linked, we were able to get fastpass+ with plenty of options still available. The system was super slow, so it took hours to do. Even the CM tried doing it on there devices, but there's were freezing up, too.
Dinner at BOG was fabulous! Got to get pics with beast, and loved the Gray Stuff dessert!!
We enjoyed walking around Epcot for F&W...kids got chocolate covered cannolis in Italy and DH got sausage and peppers in Italy. I just got a funnel cake :thumbsup2.
Dinner at Ohana was yummy and really enjoyed watching MK fireworks from the beach. It seems that they set off more to coordinate with MK??? The fireworks were huge (very wide)...seemed larger than when we were actually at MK???
Pool at POR was warm and lots of fun.
We were surprised at how less happy the CMS are??? We actually passed by one lady on the sidewalk at POR, all dressed in her fancy little POR outfit, complaining to another CM saying plenty loud, "Let them go ahead and fire me, and I'll get my lawyer!"...not a very Disney moment! I was actually very shocked. The gift shop CMs were complaining and grumbling with each other one night. We saw a lot of this....NEVER saw that before??? Wonder if Disney is paying less, getting less happy people???
Buses worked well, and rental car from Disney Car Care Center was easy and convenient.
Finally had our first Dole Whip thanks to the advice on here :-)!...and got our Disney 2013 sliders for our bands, thanks to the advice on here...had to go back and ask for them, as they didn't offer them up.
That's about all I can think of now. I've been off the boards for a bit trying to catch up at home. I hope all is well with everyone! Kat from Phoenixville...enjoy your trip! Black..hope all is well! Smitch...hope your trip is awesome! Xipotec...hope wifey is doing well and you guys have a super trip! ....I'm already trying to figure out how to get back to Disney!!!

Forgot to add, after all our worry about rain before our trip, the only time we felt a drop of rain was when the kids were watching the movie at the resort. A few times when we were on the bus we drove through puddles where it was clear there had been rain.

Well friends my results came back. I'm just a broken old man. I have four to six disks with arthritis. A few spurs. I have at least four narrowing disks and one disk with a spinal compression. Now I have to see a neurosurgeon to see what things I can do to help me.

I shouldn't be falling apart so soon. A trip to Disney will mend me...

Glad to hear you got some answers and I agree ... a trip to Disney I think would help you heal. Maybe the neurosurgeon will suggest that :)

Hey all! Anyone have any new info on PP+ (new name - memory maker)? Can it be added to MB's or are they still handing out cards? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter