Free Dining Discussion (And a Whole Lot More) - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Thanks! Just out of curiosity, were there FP+ available for JG???

I set up my FP+ selections so long ago I can't remember if there was FP available or not. And honestly FP never even crossed my mind for this trip. Back in Feb 11' when DH and I did a trip without our DD we grabbed FPs and ended up waiting 1-1/2 in line. We became friends with so many people during the wait, everyone joking about how we should all just leave and go over to the regular line (which was shorter and going quicker)! The wait ended up being fun and now a great memory but after that we said no FP ever again for Jungle Cruise.

bewel4 said:
Thanks! We are all so excited!

I already feel the same way (about going back) and we haven't even started our trip! Is that horrible? LOL

I still have 734 days until my next trip....but who's counting? ! Lol

plutospalforever said:
WooHoo!!! Have a great time and go make some magical memories!!!!party:party:party:

Could you please ride the Jingle Cruise for me??? :santa:

What's the Jingle Cruise??

plutospalforever said:
Jungle Cruise, but for the first time they decorated it for Christmas and called it Jingle Cruise. It was closed for refurb when we were there in Sept.:sad1:

We rode it when were there a couple of weeks ago. After I asked the question I read the Disney parks blog and it was showing pictures. It looks very festive. Ill have to put that on my must do for 11/2015 lol I'm assuming it runs as the jingle cruise during the day too and not just during the MVMCP.

Received our Mickey mail plus our Magic bands this week, so exciting!!!!!

25 days and we will be at Disneyworld .... can't wait ... first time to see it decorated for Christmas and to go to MVMCP :woohoo:

:welcome:
Glad you stopped by to visit our little group; hope you stick around!

That is why I love you peeps so much. You all understand the extreme excitement of planning and we can all share in that, AND you all also understand the Disney blues and we can commiserate together.:hug:

Wow!! Today sounds awesome!!!:woohoo: Can't wait to hear about your trip!
We drove to the parks for the first time this trip and we couldn't believe how stress free it was either.:thumbsup2

I know how you feel! I have also been making photo albums and calendars on Snapfish; they have Disney themes, I am waiting for their sale for buy one get two free!

Call me crazy, but I was thinking you were staying at French Quarter or Riverside. Do you have a family suite or Little Mermaid???? If you are staying in suite, the fridges never got recalled-different kind, and they all have them. And I was thinking that all the mini-fridges in LM were replaced. If you are at LM request, building 7 with a lake view closest to Lion King section, those are the shortest walk to main building.
Yay!!!! You're almost there!!!:yay:

We are doing a split stay 2 nights LM room at AOA then to POR for 12 nights free dining. My ticker says FQ because I couldn't bear putting Stitch back to the beginning when FQ was excluded from free dinning. Thank you I will put in a request for bldg 7

I will be certain to ride Jingle Cruise for you! I'm really bad at remembering jokes though, but I can try to do that too!
Awww thanks!;)

We have a FP+ for JG. It is later in the evening because we have never ridden it at night. Can't wait! :yay:
Oooooo...I never even thought of that!!! That would be awesome! I hope they make this Jingle Cruise a regular thing at Christmas...so I can get a chance to enjoy.:)
Will do, and if the jokes are really, really bad..... my kids will remember them. They only remember the bad ones. LOL
The "badder" the better! lol It will almost be like I am there!:goodvibes

Received our Mickey mail plus our Magic bands this week, so exciting!!!!!

25 days and we will be at Disneyworld .... can't wait ... first time to see it decorated for Christmas and to go to MVMCP :woohoo:
pixiedust: It is getting soooo close! So excited for you!pixiedust:

We are doing a split stay 2 nights LM room at AOA then to POR for 12 nights free dining. My ticker says FQ because I couldn't bear putting Stitch back to the beginning when FQ was excluded from free dinning. Thank you I will put in a request for bldg 7
Thank you for confirming I am not totally crazy! That vacation sounds awesome!!!! I did not realize it was 2 weeks!:thumbsup2

I have only been at Christmas time once, three years ago, and it just takes Disney to a whole new level of awesome!!!! I am so excited for all of you going at this wondrous time; it really pulls at my heartstrings and makes me want to go even more! There's just somethin' 'bout Christmas time!:love:

I forgot to stop at the Emporium and get a Very Merry Christmas pin at the party on Friday night. :-( dies Engine know if they sell them online? I don't want one of the $59 pins, just one of the other ones. I think they are limited edition and cost around $13. Anyone know?

Awww thanks!;)

Oooooo...I never even thought of that!!! That would be awesome! I hope they make this Jingle Cruise a regular thing at Christmas...so I can get a chance to enjoy.:)

The "badder" the better! lol It will almost be like I am there!:goodvibes

pixiedust: It is getting soooo close! So excited for you!pixiedust:

Thank you for confirming I am not totally crazy! That vacation sounds awesome!!!! I did not realize it was 2 weeks!:thumbsup2

I have only been at Christmas time once, three years ago, and it just takes Disney to a whole new level of awesome!!!! I am so excited for all of you going at this wondrous time; it really pulls at my heartstrings and makes me want to go even more! There's just somethin' 'bout Christmas time!:love:

We didn't make it down last year and next year is doubtful with our daughter getting married plus with my husbands health issues with there are times he will loose entire days so we build in extra time to allow for that. And even more importantly he has already lived about 3 years longer then the docs said he would so he wants to make this the trip to remember.

We made it home, had such a wonderful time!! The Christmas party is a lot of fun, definitely worth it to try once. If you can get a reso for the Dessert party, that's worth it once as well. It is a great, non crowded view of wishes and the fireworks.
Pop Century was fun and quiet. We had a lake view room in the 60's building (requested during online check in) and that's exactly what we got. We had a 2-night room only reso, followed by a 9 night free dining reso, both at Pop. We didn't have to move rooms, which was very nice.

If your family is a bunch of early risers, go ahead and do rope drop. It's fun to be one of the first in the park. The day we did it in MK was a Halloween party day, And it was our best day in the parks by far. We should have done it at Hollywood Studios, to get a Jedi spot. But we missed it by about 20 minutes and that made the difference believe it or not. We still had a great day there.

Dining!! So GLAD we had free dining. We went to Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, Cape May, Akershus, Ohana, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Be Our Guest!! It was so fantastic to not have to worry about money for meals during the trip. I loved it. It made it a stress-free trip. I will try and save up to continue to do these trips. It was incredible. Easywdw has great touring plans and suggestions for fast pass+ and it was a lifesaver.

Good luck to those of you whose trips are coming up!

Currently enroute now to Disney. .woohoo

We didn't make it down last year and next year is doubtful with our daughter getting married plus with my husbands health issues with there are times he will loose entire days so we build in extra time to allow for that. And even more importantly he has already lived about 3 years longer then the docs said he would so he wants to make this the trip to remember.

I hope you both have magical trips!!!!!!pixiedust:

We made it home, had such a wonderful time!! The Christmas party is a lot of fun, definitely worth it to try once. If you can get a reso for the Dessert party, that's worth it once as well. It is a great, non crowded view of wishes and the fireworks.
Pop Century was fun and quiet. We had a lake view room in the 60's building (requested during online check in) and that's exactly what we got. We had a 2-night room only reso, followed by a 9 night free dining reso, both at Pop. We didn't have to move rooms, which was very nice.

If your family is a bunch of early risers, go ahead and do rope drop. It's fun to be one of the first in the park. The day we did it in MK was a Halloween party day, And it was our best day in the parks by far. We should have done it at Hollywood Studios, to get a Jedi spot. But we missed it by about 20 minutes and that made the difference believe it or not. We still had a great day there.

Dining!! So GLAD we had free dining. We went to Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill, Cape May, Akershus, Ohana, Cinderella's Royal Table, and Be Our Guest!! It was so fantastic to not have to worry about money for meals during the trip. I loved it. It made it a stress-free trip. I will try and save up to continue to do these trips. It was incredible. Easywdw has great touring plans and suggestions for fast pass+ and it was a lifesaver.

Thanks for the report, especially about MVMMP. We can't wait to go!

Glad you had a great trip. We were so happy to have FD too in October. We did all character meals except for F! package; would never have been able to afford all those meals otherwise. Next trip will be a budget trip in probably 4 years at a value; the kids will be older and not likely into the characters anymore, actually looking forward to not being tied to ADRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter