Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I'm fearful this year because it seemed like the Value resorts were mostly sold out by the time the offer came out. I'm afraid none will be available when I get online/call this year.

Well that makes me nervous as hell. Ugh.

I'm so excited there is FINALLY a rumor!

This is why I use a travel agent, but book everything (dining, FP+) myself. I tell her what I want if FD becomes available for my dates, and she handles the craziness from there. I heart my agent. :)

What got messed up?

It must have been your dates. I originally booked CSR the day it was released to the disney visa card holders, and called about a week later after it was released to the GP and had no problem switching it over to Pop.
Theres no way to tell when the black out dates are. I'm pretty sure they probably base the black out dates around attendance for the prior year.

Your dining reservations aren't linked to your resort package. Cancelling or changing your resort pakage doesn't effect your ADRs.

Would you recommend making a new resort reservation or modifying my existing one?

How do you modify the reservation on MDE?

Go into you existing reservations on MDE. Then where is says your hotel there is a spot that it says "view details", click on that and a pop up window will come up. There will be a bubble that says "modify reservations" and go from there. It's super easy to do.

For everyone who is planning to modify existing reservations or is asking about booking now vs. booking when it comes out... the dates available for the offer are, I'm sure, completely dependent on how full each resort is with existing bookings during those dates. The more people book in advance, the less availability there will be for special offers.

What got messed up?

It must have been your dates. I originally booked CSR the day it was released to the disney visa card holders, and called about a week later after it was released to the GP and had no problem switching it over to Pop.
Theres no way to tell when the black out dates are. I'm pretty sure they probably base the black out dates around attendance for the prior year.

Your dining reservations aren't linked to your resort package. Cancelling or changing your resort pakage doesn't effect your ADRs.
Are you sure the dining isn't linked? I have to log into my account to get my 180+10days and it does reference my resort res #?
We had issues before switching our res. to apply promo

Well, I am not really sure. I added dining to my package a few weeks back. It was nice to NOT have to call! If you go in and modify your ressie, it says "Select 'Change' to search for other available offers". I would think that would be free dining, no? But I am not sure it will show up on 4/27 or 5/1, if at all.

Well that seems a bit unfair. I waited specifically for a free dining offer to appear before booking a reservation, but if everyone were to just go in and modify their existing reservation, the offer would fill up quicker than I'd be able to book a reservation from scratch.

Are you sure the dining isn't linked? I have to log into my account to get my 180+10days and it does reference my resort res #?
We had issues before switching our res. to apply promo

If you're booking at 180+10 it references your resort reservation because you need a resort reservation to book the +10. I've never had any issue changing my resort reservations after my ADR's were already made.

Well that seems a bit unfair. I waited specifically for a free dining offer to appear before booking a reservation, but if everyone were to just go in and modify their existing reservation, the offer would fill up quicker than I'd be able to book a reservation from scratch.

The discounts are a first come-first served option - you don't even know if after the disney visa holder get to book/modify if there will be any left. I dont think 'Fair' applies here - it really is the luck of the draw - how fast can you book/how fast can you get through to an agent/how fast can you modify a reservation online.

Keep in mind though, I AM NOT SURE WE CAN ADD FREE DINING THIS WAY!!!! I am hoping yes, but honestly don't know!!! I was hoping someone on here has added an offer to their ressie and could verify this.

So then, in case of a free dining drop on Monday, April 27th, for Visa card holders, is the number you call 1-407-W-Disney (934-7639)? Is the "modify reservation' phone number the same as an "add promotion to reservation" number? Just wanting to make sure I have that number programmed into my phone for easy access! With having the Disney Visa, this modification cannot be made online, it will have to be called in so I want to be READY...no matter what!!

If you're booking at 180+10 it references your resort reservation because you need a resort reservation to book the +10. I've never had any issue changing my resort reservations after my ADR's were already made.
Here is hoping you are right. I modified an existing res last year and had things really messed up with FP+ and dining based on just adding the dining plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter