Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just logged into both my and my mother's MDE accounts. I had the option to modify only vacation package, resort, and room type, while my mother's account seems to allow anything to be changed--the same ones I could, plus travel dates and travel party. Maybe it just seems weird to me!

The perks are definitely something we're interested in but the haste is due to the offers lol. We have time to consider those. I just really don't want to try and find out all value resorts have been sold out.

I'm very anxious to hear of the rumors! I've never attempted this, so I may try, depending on if the dates align. Unfortunately I can't quite adjust my days. But it's not the end-all for me if I can't get it. My other question though, since I'm a newbie, and I know that for free dining, I'll either have to pay the upgrade fee from a value resort, or adjust to a moderate, will the CM help with the costs so that I can choose? Or am I going to have to guess? Moreso, will the CM take the time with me to figure out the best option? I know FD is hectic, so I'm wondering if they have to move fast or they can breathe with me while I figure it out.

I just really don't want to try and find out all value resorts have been sold out.

This is my first time on the free dining rodeo, but I followed it pretty closely last year to get some idea. Even if it is sold out (i.e. you can't get free dining on the first day at the preferred resort), keep checking. I heard lots of people checking back every week and there were cancellations, so they were able to add the promo later. Just something to keep in mind.
We're hoping to get free dining for a Suite. Unfortunately, we want a Nemo suite, which is the most popular, and sold out right away last year. I'm sure with bouncebacks, there might not be any left, even with the Disney visa. So, we're going to maybe book into Cars (and there was a lot of those last year, so keep fingers crossed), and hope to switch over to Nemo. I am planning on having to keep calling.

I have to keep a 3 year old entertained and he won't like listening to the hold music for 3 hours of his food challenge appt!! BUT if all goes well - Free Dining will be an exciting way to celebrate him completing his second food challenge! Then in a couple weeks I can book dining reservations without adding any special allergy requests!! He's already passed his peanut challenge...up next is egg! :goodvibes

My DS (16) is severely allergic to peanuts (not sure if it's full blown anaphylaxis) and also has an egg allergy (the slightest bit of egg baked in something makes him vomit), as well as a host of other allergies :(

Where are you taking your son to do the food challenges? I would love to have this done for my son before he goes off to college and out on his own....And his dining experiences at Disney would be a lot more satisfying (he thinks the egg-free cookies there are nasty - LOL) :)

I'm very anxious to hear of the rumors! I've never attempted this, so I may try, depending on if the dates align. Unfortunately I can't quite adjust my days. But it's not the end-all for me if I can't get it. My other question though, since I'm a newbie, and I know that for free dining, I'll either have to pay the upgrade fee from a value resort, or adjust to a moderate, will the CM help with the costs so that I can choose? Or am I going to have to guess? Moreso, will the CM take the time with me to figure out the best option? I know FD is hectic, so I'm wondering if they have to move fast or they can breathe with me while I figure it out.

What are your dates? And I'm assuming you're wanting the free regular dining plan vs the quick service that comes with the value resorts.

The best thing to do is check right now for your dates at full price and price then out at a value resort, value resort plus upgrade fee, and moderate resort. The dining plan doesn't change the cost of the reservation at full price.

We booked through a TA and I don't have the option to modify or cancel our reservations at all....just gives me the suggestion to call Disney to do so.

I used to have the option to "modify" or "cancel" my reservation in MDE, but the links are gone now. I know the links were there a week or two ago.

Oh, and I booked over the phone

Last edited:
I live in Indiana as well, and our township (Marion County) has fall break from October 12th - October 23rd.

Wow, you have two full weeks too. This is only our 3rd year with an extended fall break on the calendar. Before that they got 2 or 3 days.

Opinion question. Which would you prefer? The all star resorts campus or the POP/AoA campus? We enjoyed being able to walk to the food court at AoA from POP and the kids really enjoyed the pool activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter