Free dining Gratuity?

jonimce

DIS Veteran
Is this still added to the free dining plan, or do we leave the entire gratuity? We always leave extra, but would hate to see someone not get tipped right. I have done this work myself for many years. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I just booked my package a few weeks ago. The CM told me that the tip is already added in. I the server gets 18%.

Tax and tip are included whether you pay for the DDP or get it free. They state that it is 18% of what you actually order. If you share meals or order additional items, it is appropriate to tip an additional amount.

I'm not sure that 18% number applies to the non-Disney restaurants that participate in the Dining Plan. The gratuity is definitely included, but the 18% number isn't something Disney warrants as always being true for restaurants beyond its control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter