Free Dining Here We Come - Pre-Trip Report!!! We're going back to Disney!!!

We got engaged after having dinner at Le Celier and watching the show at Epcot!! Great memories!!

I'm new on here but I'd like to subscribe to your thread here. Can someone tell me how to do that? :)

Love it!! Just subbed!! I have 3 little girls (4,3 and 6 mo). We took them last year and it was so magical, they loved it! We are going next Jan. when the baby will be 18 months...so I don't have to carry her all day! They older ones loved the princesses last year!! I love reading all about it! Wish we could do free dining in August but baby will be too young and it would be too hot for her....maybe the trip after next!!

I am so glad to have you along!!! I hope I can keep it interesting!!!!

Well the visit to the orthodontist went much better than I anticipated!!! We are going to have to come with $4790 up front for the braces!!! It would have been more but we decided to pay for it all up front, so we'll take a w/d from our retirement acct. to pay it all at once and take the 5% discount. So, I have to do a withdrawal tomorrow to have the money here by our next appointment. But on a gross note, it appears as though that there has been a Norovirus outbreak at my daughter's elementary school, which I substitute teach at, and the class that I am supposed to sub in tomorrow sent 8 home with it today. 1 of my friends though has posted on FB that the Head custodian was on his way out to pick up Clorox at 5:00 today when she was walking out the door. But there are apparently 3 or 4 in DDs class out too. I so hate to throw up, oh I pray I don't get it!!!

Oh well, so I'm not going to get my update done tonight like I wanted to do, I'm just not feeling real well, but I'm probably just psyching myself out, but I'm going to head to bed early and pray that I don't get sick!!!! So send some good thoughts!!! Please!!!

Keeping our fingers crossed that you don't get it...that thing is nasty!!!!:headache:

We all get it about 5 Christmas' ago....it's brutal....lots of hand washing and hopefully you'll be ok:hug:

Our Tax Refund posted to our account tonight, so we are paying off our trip this week and we are booking airfair tomorrow, so we can get good seats!!!

Well, its been confirmed by the Health Dept. and is currently being tracked; our school has a Norovirus Outbreak! :scared1: It is awful. The class I subbed in today, is supposed to have 26, I had 9 students! There was a class like that in every grade. My DDs 5th grade class had 8 students out, right now the school is hoping that the weekend and cleaning will help. But I don't think we have seen the worst of it yet!!! I think this was just the first wave, and we've been told that it can go on for a couple of weeks as the students pass it back and forth, because you never build up an immunity to it, and it can come back!!!:scared1::scared1:

I was going to book my airfare tonight but they've up'd the price of the tickets we want, so I'm going to wait another week and see if they (airtran) will lower them back down to $64 a piece each way. Right now they are $84 and I'm not paying that, last week they were $64. I wonder what's up with that.

I am making ADRs on Sunday morning. I'm hoping I'm not sick, I can't imagine trying to do that with a virus!!! I don't think that will work out too well. But I'm really worried about DD, I don't want her to get sick, because then I have to worry about her having a seizure. That just makes it double scary for me.

Everyone have a good night. I'll update tomorrow and please keep your fingers crossed that we don't get the Norovirus!!!

I pray you don't get sick! I was thinking of you yesterday and I have a question for you. When I did my ADR's last year, I did it exactly when I thought I could. Then the CM on the phone told me that if you are staying at a WDW resort, you can book ADRs 10 days earlier. I had trouble booking because of free dining so I was a little annoyed. Just wanted to see if you knew that. I know it might only make 1 day difference but sometimes that's significant. Enjoying your report. Thanks for doing it. :)

I pray you don't get sick! I was thinking of you yesterday and I have a question for you. When I did my ADR's last year, I did it exactly when I thought I could. Then the CM on the phone told me that if you are staying at a WDW resort, you can book ADRs 10 days earlier. I had trouble booking because of free dining so I was a little annoyed. Just wanted to see if you knew that. I know it might only make 1 day difference but sometimes that's significant. Enjoying your report. Thanks for doing it. :)

Well, there is a 10 day rule, but that isn't it exactly. You can do your ADRs on the 180th from the 1st day of your package, and then do reservations for 10 days with the 1 phone call or internet transaction. But you can not make them 10 days early. If you are staying off site, you have to make your ADRs 1 day at a time. That's how the 10 day rule works. Its very confusing.

That is confusing! So sorry. The CM that told me about it didn't explain it well. Oh well, just 1 more day till you can do them! Yay! I love the planning. I drive my family insane telling them over and over what restaurants we are going to, what day and what time. :) Hope it goes great tomorrow!

I'm sending :goodvibes so your family won't get sick! :goodvibes

Good Luck getting all of your ADR's! :thumbsup2

I had no problem getting all of mine, so I hope the same will happen for you. :)

Ok, so since I'm running out of time to get all my plans in before I get to do ADRs, I'm going to try and get them all in right now.

Day 5 Magic Kingdom

We will have Breakfast at Main Street Bakery (this is Emily's fav. she loves the Cinamon Rolls and will eat a whole one all by herself!!)
Then we will try to head to Tomorrowland side. I like doing Magic Kingdom in 1/2's. We do 1/2 the park one day then the next time we are there, we'll do the other 1/2. That way we aren't exhausted! But I will have a Dole Whip Float before we leave the park.

We will probably have lunch at Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Rays, it will depend on what we are in the mood to eat.

Then we will head back to swim and rest then go back to the park for pm EMH. We are hoping to have dinner at Crystal Palace and then head out to get a good seat for the Electrical Parade, I was planning to see spectro magic, but that's out now. And we may stay and see Wishes.

Day 6 Down Day
We always try to plan at least 1 down day while we are there. The girls love to swim all day and DH and I head to DTD to shop and just spend some us time. We ill get up and have breakfast, the girls will head to the pool and we'll do laundry. We always do this, that way we have nice fresh clothes!!

When that's done, Glenn and I will go to DTD and leave the girls with $$ for pizza and then we'll meet up with them later to swim or just hang out. We are planning to go to Hoop De Doo Revue that night. We've never seen this and we'd like to go to the early show, then we'll head over the Chip & Dale's Campfire and Movie. Well, that is the plan, but you know how those are! If it doesn't happen oh well.

Day 7 Epcot

We will get up whenever this day. Then we will head over to Epcot. We will let the girls do Kim Possible all day if they want. They love to do that. They work well together and they have fun!!!

We will eat a CS lunch at the American Pavillion.

Dinner that night is hopefully Teppan Edo. Then when dinner is done, we will head back to the resort to hang out and swim.

Day 8 Magic Kingdom

Again, we will eat at Main Street Bakery!!!

This time we will do the Adventureland side of the park. I know I will get a Dole Whip Float this day. And we will have a CS lunch at Pecos Bill. I love to eat here. Then we'll take a break.

Tonight we will be going to the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner. I've read so many reviews about this place and it looks wonderful!!!

Then we'll go back to MK for rides and Wishes!!!

Day 9 Down Day

Today is laundry and packing to go home. We decided to have this so the girls could have a second day of swimming!! Lets face it, its their trip too!!!!

So tonight we will eat at Kona!!! We love eating here!!!

Day 10 DHS

Our flight out isn't until 9:00 pm so we will get to stay almost all day. So, we are planning to play this day at the park with no plans. We'll get up early and have Bell Svc. pick us up by 8:30 and we'll do Express Check in for AirTran and leave our carryons with Bell Svc. Then we will head over to DHS. We'll grab a bite to eat and then we're off. The only plan we have that day is to have a late lunch at 50's Prime Time. We love the food here so we decided it would be a great meal to end our trip. Then we'll leave the park around 5:00 and meet DME at 6:00 to head to the airport.

We'll land in Richmond, VA around 11:00 and we'll get home around 12:00am.

Both girls have Open House at Middle School the next day at 4:00 in the afternoon.

If you have any suggestions to add or something that looks like I need to change, let me know. I have to make ADRs in the morning, so I'm planning to be up around 4:00 am or maybe I'll just stay up late tonight, I kind of want to listen for Emily anyway to see if she comes down with this NoroVirus. So far So good, maybe we dodged it.

Thanks for keeping with me!!!:dance3:

Your plans look great:goodvibes

It makes it a little easier to get up when we get to book ADR"s doesn't it!!

Absolutely!! I just hope I get all the ones I want and at a suitable time. I seems unnatural to get up at 5:00am to make dining reservations!!!

If I read correctly, my family and I are going the exact same dates as you 8/22-8/31. We are staying at AKL. In reading your PTR, it seems like we will also be going to Epcot on the 28th later in the day. Out of all those days, that is the only day we have in common. Well, at least that will be 4 less people in the parks I will be in and 4 less people for you. Like that makes a difference! Maybe I will recognize you from your pictures.

I noticed you said that you would be making ADRs on Sun or Mon, but if arrival is 8/22, that makes the ADR date 2/23. I would hate for you to get up early and have it be the wrong day.

If I read correctly, my family and I are going the exact same dates as you 8/22-8/31. We are staying at AKL. In reading your PTR, it seems like we will also be going to Epcot on the 28th later in the day. Out of all those days, that is the only day we have in common. Well, at least that will be 4 less people in the parks I will be in and 4 less people for you. Like that makes a difference! Maybe I will recognize you from your pictures.

I noticed you said that you would be making ADRs on Sun or Mon, but if arrival is 8/22, that makes the ADR date 2/23. I would hate for you to get up early and have it be the wrong day.

Our original package was for dates 8/20 thru the 31st and we have left it as such, because DH is still trying to get those days off. If he can we will go for the entire time, we are still waiting on his boss to sign off on everything. He is supposed to take a class for recertification for what he does, but if he can take it later in the year, then the vacation request will be signed, but if not then we'll go on the 22nd. But I've planned my vacation around the 22nd, because I don't hold out much hope on getting those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter