• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining in the fall?

Will you take advantage of free dining this year?

• Yes

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The offer was for these dates:
8/23/16-12/21/16 discounted package (“Free Dining”) for general public, with requirement of PH and/or WP passes and minimum stay of 4 or 5 nights (I think, I could be wrong on that)

And blacked out 10/2/16-11/14/16, 11/22/16-11/25/16 and 11/29/16-12/9/16

So, essentially, end of August, all September, third week of November, and first part of December.

I should of been more clear.

Those were last years free dining dates, I was talking about the bounce back that was offer in fall of 2016 for fall of 2017. I double checked and my dates were correct. If these ring true for general publics free dining, many people will not get what they want.

I should of been more clear.

Those were last years free dining dates, I was talking about the bounce back that was offer in fall of 2016 for fall of 2017. I double checked and my dates were correct. If these ring true for general publics free dining, many people will not get what they want.

This article is basically throwing out there that Disney is just testing the waters with free dining and if they don't have the bookings starting to happen that they were hoping for, they may release more dates. I think they did that a few years back. They released free dining in April and then again in July for a wider range of dates.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-free-dining-dates/

This article is basically throwing out there that Disney is just testing the waters with free dining and if they don't have the bookings starting to happen that they were hoping for, they may release more dates. I think they did that a few years back. They released free dining in April and then again in July for a wider range of dates.

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/disney-world-free-dining-dates/

Right...because they desperately want rid of it...makes sense.

If you book a second ressie and cancel the first, but have already made dining reservations, those ressies will stay with you right? They would still be linked to mde?

The offer was for these dates:
8/23/16-12/21/16 discounted package (“Free Dining”) for general public, with requirement of PH and/or WP passes and minimum stay of 4 or 5 nights (I think, I could be wrong on that)

And blacked out 10/2/16-11/14/16, 11/22/16-11/25/16 and 11/29/16-12/9/16

So, essentially, end of August, all September, third week of November, and first part of December.

If you check in before the blackout dates start and checkout during them, do you still get the free dining during the blacked out dates, or do you only get it for the days that are not blacked out?

If you check in before the blackout dates start and checkout during them, do you still get the free dining during the blacked out dates, or do you only get it for the days that are not blacked out?

You only need to check in on a covered day. Then you will get it for the duration of your stay (up to 14 days I believe).

I believe the Zika virus will come back this summer and will affect the attendance at Disney, therefore I do think there will be more offers for summer/fall.

I believe the Zika virus will come back this summer and will affect the attendance at Disney, therefore I do think there will be more offers for summer/fall.
? Zika really didn't affect Disney much this past summer so why would it affect them now?

? Zika really didn't affect Disney much this past summer so why would it affect them now?

It will become more prevalent in the US. This past summer it had just started in the US. It will get worse his year according to the experts.

It will become more prevalent in the US. This past summer it had just started in the US. It will get worse his year according to the experts.

I haven't heard anything and honestly with Disney doing everything in their power to keep bugs away and no real evidence that it will be a problem I wouldn't worry about the smallest potential of a virus that only affects a small percentage of the population. Honestly if it becomes a real issue then women who are pregnant will most likely be the only ones who stay away.

If you book a second ressie and cancel the first, but have already made dining reservations, those ressies will stay with you right? They would still be linked to mde?
Your dining reservations stay in the my Disney experience. we canceled a trip last year and then after had to go back and cancel all our reservations.

I haven't heard anything and honestly with Disney doing everything in their power to keep bugs away and no real evidence that it will be a problem I wouldn't worry about the smallest potential of a virus that only affects a small percentage of the population. Honestly if it becomes a real issue then women who are pregnant will most likely be the only ones who stay away.

Yes, it does only affect a small percentage of the population however, many people who go to Disney are young families who may be thinking of getting pregnant, so yes, I do believe it could affect how many people go to Disney this summer. Even though it's a small percentage of the population, the effects from Zika are devastating on a baby in-utero.

Yes, it does only affect a small percentage of the population however, many people who go to Disney are young families who may be thinking of getting pregnant, so yes, I do believe it could affect how many people go to Disney this summer. Even though it's a small percentage of the population, the effects from Zika are devastating on a baby in-utero.

Well I choose to disagree. The effects are devastating, I just don't believe that it will affect the attendance at Disney enough to make a noticable difference.

I think you're right that a Zika scare will effect Disney's bottom line this summer. Even if it doesn't effect the Orlando area.

something similar to you The cm told me to book dining for our aug 2017 trip then watch for free dining announcement. I could then have it deducted or removed. She also said to keep an eye out at the end of April-beginning of May

There were lots of unhappy campers last year as the number of rooms allocated for free dining was limited. Also, the free dining offer went up on the WDW website around 2:00 to 3:00 am so by the time everyone started checking at 7:00 am when Central Reservations opened, there weren't many resorts left to choose from (if any).
Could you change your reservation online? That way you don't have to wait to talk to someone. That's 7:00 AM EST?

Could you change your reservation online? That way you don't have to wait to talk to someone. That's 7:00 AM EST?
The quick answer is yes you can. However, Disney's website can be very glitchy and is especially so when FD drops. You'd probably do better to cancel the first and then book your second with free dining attached.

The quick answer is yes you can. However, Disney's website can be very glitchy and is especially so when FD drops. You'd probably do better to cancel the first and then book your second with free dining attached.
I think I will book the free dining in a new reservation and THEN cancel my existing ressie....I don't want to lose my current discount just in case something goes sideways when trying to book free dining.

I think I will book the free dining in a new reservation and THEN cancel my existing ressie....I don't want to lose my current discount just in case something goes sideways when trying to book free dining.
Good plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter