• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free dining is here for the Fall

Question

On Disney's site it says 6 night/ 7 day for FD. On other sites, including this one and my TA's it says 3/2 does anyone have any clarity on that?
Thank you

The 6 night/7 day is just an example they give. The minimum is a 3 night stay and 2 day park ticket. I've always thought that example was confusing and they obviously meant it to he so they could sell more nights.

You can check when you select dates and it will let you have free dining at three nights. They've done this message many times and it always causes confusion.

Any chance more FD rooms will be opening up since this deal is available until Sept.15? Do they just close it? My ressie was made in May for POR Riverside Royal room via AAA. Tried to get it modified with the FD at 7am but Disney wouldn't let me because the ressie is through AAA. My TA at AAA was never able to get through so I lose out. :confused3

I need help!!!! My stay will be from 11/9-11/15 I have a res at AoA and I'm so bummed they aren't included in FD. DH me and DD vacation with my mother so the suite is ideal so we can have our own room. Since FD isn't offered until the 11th we will be paying 2 nights out of pocket for dining anyway. Can someone help me find a way to get some sort of discount that is better that the total 73.00 room discount at AoA? The 73.00 off of the total trip blows my mind seems like the disney math is wrong. 15% off should be more than 73.00. They kept saying because of the package it would only be 73.00 off of our total. I'm open to any suggestions even of we had to book 2 rooms to get a deal. Im open to changing resorts or split stay whatever i have to do. Thanks in advance.

Any chance more FD rooms will be opening up since this deal is available until Sept.15? Do they just close it? My ressie was made in May for POR Riverside Royal room via AAA. Tried to get it modified with the FD at 7am but Disney wouldn't let me because the ressie is through AAA. My TA at AAA was never able to get through so I lose out. :confused3

Unlikely they will open up more rooms. You probably won't lose out though just because you didn't book the first day.

I need help!!!! My stay will be from 11/9-11/15 I have a res at AoA and I'm so bummed they aren't included in FD. DH me and DD vacation with my mother so the suite is ideal so we can have our own room. Since FD isn't offered until the 11th we will be paying 2 nights out of pocket for dining anyway. Can someone help me find a way to get some sort of discount that is better that the total 73.00 room discount at AoA? The 73.00 off of the total trip blows my mind seems like the disney math is wrong. 15% off should be more than 73.00. They kept saying because of the package it would only be 73.00 off of our total. I'm open to any suggestions even of we had to book 2 rooms to get a deal. Im open to changing resorts or split stay whatever i have to do. Thanks in advance.

I am surprise you are getting anything off. The discount lists:
For stays most nights 9/29-10/5/13, 10/20-11/2/13 and 12/15-12/23/13:

•Save up to 15%
◦Art of Animation Resort - family suites

So your nights aren't included, so I am not sure where the $73 come from.:confused3 Pretty typical they aren't discounting at AoA. New resort, very popular.

You could switch to All-Star Music perhaps and get the room discount for the full 5 nights.

Option two - switch to Pop Century and book TWO rooms at the 15 % discount - it will be cheaper than AoA and will give you just as much space. (Just no Kitchen area.)

Another option you might consider is booking a single room at a nicer resort. You might be able to swing something like AKL with the 30% off and be cheaper than AoA. OR - check out Saratoga Springs or Old Key West, you might be able to get a 1-bedroom villa for less than you are paying at AoA with the 30% off discount. (AoA is nice, but it is a total lie that it is a "VALUE" resort.)

We were in the same situation. We decided to switch to All Star Music family suites. We have three adults and two kids so the two bathrooms are ideal. We did get FD. We have also stayed at Ft. Wilderness Cabins and that was wonderful but only one bathroom!
Good Luck

I am the same boat as you but I'm considering trying one of these packages...

It saves us points that we could take a break from... And don't misunderstand what the ticket means...

The tickets have to be used with 14 days of their first use... But they RETAIN their value if they are not activated... And that value can be applied to a future ticket purchase.

So you are basically making a down payment of about $190 a person toward a future ticket purchase.

That's how you play this and still get the deal

We did just this previously when we were AP holders and the promo was 7 days for the price of 4. The following year was a prepaid discount applied to our new APs. Because the tickets were never used, they didn't even need to be no expire. I don't know how the numbers work for free dining & not sing points, but your ticket info is valid.

Skier_Pete...How am I not losing out? I'm not getting the free dining with my POR Royal room. My kids first Disney trip (DD 9, DS 8) and I thought the rooms decor felt more Disney.

Skier_Pete...How am I not losing out? I'm not getting the free dining with my POR Royal room. My kids first Disney trip (DD 9, DS 8) and I thought the rooms decor felt more Disney.

Sorry, are you indicating that they confirmed you can't book that room with Free Dining? I got the impression that your TA hadn't confirmed that yet. Some level rooms they don't open up for free dining. In that case, you could lose out on free dining.

However, it is still your choice. You can choose that the Royal Room is more important than the free dining savings.

As I related elsewhere, in November 2011 we had planned a trip back to POFQ, which we hadn't stayed at in three years. DD was very excited to get back to the dragon slide pool. When free dining came out, POFQ wasn't eligble. We switched to CBR, because I couldn't justify paying $1200 more dollars to stay at POFQ (we also had my mom with us, for there were 4 of us for the DDP). In the end, DD absolutely LOVED CBR, and this year she requested going back there.

My point is, while your kids may really like the Royal Room, it is unlikely that it would be the make-or-break to a great vacation. If it's that important to you, stick with it and pay the extra money, if not, take the savings and spend it on some great experiences. (One of the things DD loved about CBR was the Pirate Cruise, and it was only $30 and gave us a 2 hour break. Or do one of the tours - http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm - We did the family magic tour a couple times back and DD loved this as well.) Not every discount works out for everyone, you often have to be flexible to take advantage of them.

SP

Hi, i just wanted to let you know that I was able to get Free Dining at POR-Royal Guest Room yesterday at 8:35 a.m. when i finally got through to a Disney Rep. So, maybe they didn't have any FD left by the time you got through? I booked our Royal Guest room back in May and was just calling to have them add the Free Dining on and they did. I already got my free dining confirmation from them also. I would check again with Disney..good luck!

Cinderina said:
Tel your agent to keep trying or you'll cancel! They'll suddenly get through!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

Imagine my joy

1) Yesterday, Disney announce the free dining promotion is expanded.

2) Today, I have my vacation schedule and we'll be able to take advantage of the promotion!!!

Excited about our vacation, it will be a blast, though the constant busy/wait yesterday was frustrating...

Tel your agent to keep trying or you'll cancel! They'll suddenly get through!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

You act like the agent is not trying to get through. I am an agent and was on the phone at 6:40am and didn't get through 1 time yesterday. My clients could get through the regular line but the line travel agents have to use had me on hold from 6:40am to 5:00pm.

We check in Dec 7-14. We got a real solid deal on plane tickets and the room at AoA, so we aren't flexible on the dates. Staying at AoA, so out of luck for the room discounts. Priced CBR and CS and they were 300$ more even with the 20%. Priced Pop and it was about 20$ less. So we are keeping AoA for our dates. Bummed we didn't get to take advantage of any of the promotions, but I'm still stoked about the trip. I guess all that's left is to pack and go.

:confused3
They will not automatically add FD, you have to call on Aug. 1 (or July 29 if you have a Disney debit or Visa) and ask to have it applied to your reservation. As for the plans, you have two options. Option 1: keep the free QSDP and pay OOP for your character meal and F! package OR Option 2: upgrade the free QSDP to the regular DDP for a fee of approx. $19 per night for adults and approx. $4 per night for kids 9 and under. Upgrading would give you more flexibility and allow you to make a few more ADRs if you want to. You would have to do the math to see which way would work best for you. Good luck! :goodvibes

Okay, I called our TA to have the Free Dining applied; we're going 10/18 - 10/26. She couldn't get it for us, said they were all gone. I think so many of the free dining should be put aside for those that have already booked. We booked this trip in February!

Okay, I called our TA to have the Free Dining applied; we're going 10/18 - 10/26. She couldn't get it for us, said they were all gone. I think so many of the free dining should be put aside for those that have already booked. We booked this trip in February!

No offense...

But what you said makes no sense on any level.
They wish to sell all things at full price. Actually they wish to sell them all out years or months in advance - thereby justifying larger price increases. Microeconomics.

The only reason to discount is to fill out unused inventory...which means there is no incentive to give discounts who book earlier. In fact it doesn't even make sense for them to "apply the code" at all...that defeats the point of adding to the money they can already bank from your February reservation.

I wish it had worked out for you, and maybe you can use a similar promotion or even a better one in the future. That period in October is very busy now when it wasn't about ten years ago , to be fair, it's becoming increasingly a "crowded" period when it used to be a dead time.

Good luck moving forward.

You act like the agent is not trying to get through. I am an agent and was on the phone at 6:40am and didn't get through 1 time yesterday. My clients could get through the regular line but the line travel agents have to use had me on hold from 6:40am to 5:00pm.

Or they coulda went on Disney's website anytime and booked it in about 90 seconds...
No hidden tricks or "mystery" to this.

Did you just call her today? The promo was released Thursday morning, and several people have already booked. Keep checking on it, though, because lots of people have been able to get it recently, when they couldn't get it before. Which resort are you trying to get?

As for the "already booked" comment, Disney is looking to fill the empty rooms, not the rooms that have been booked at full price for months. The best thing people who are wanting a discount can do, is to not book until the discount is released. If people book up all of the rooms, there is no reason to offer anything. We booked in February also, but we were going with or without a discount.

They wish to sell all things at full price. Actually they wish to sell them all out years or months in advance - thereby justifying larger price increases. Microeconomics.

The only reason to discount is to fill out unused inventory...which means there is no incentive to give discounts who book earlier.

LOL is making lots of sense here. The only reason they give the free dining out to people who are already booked is because if they didn't, people would then just book a new reservation and cancel the old one.

KathylovesMatt - The way it works, they offer free dining until a resort gets booked to a certain capacity, then it is no longer available. Some resorts rarely offer free dining because they are always pretty full (POFQ for instance). That's why when free dining comes out, it's critical to spring on it quickly.

Did your TA actually check other resorts, or only at the resort you were already booked at? Did she/he check to see if you could get it for MOST of your trip? Perhaps you could book 10/18 - 10/24 with free dining, and get the last two days room only. This doesn't work well if it's in the middle, but you might be able to get away with something if the hotels are full on either end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter