• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Fall Dining?

DonoMoose

Mouseketeer
Hi has anyone heard any news of Free Dining to be offered this Fall?
I was searching for a thread but couldn't find one, if anyone knows the link please share and I'll follow. TIA

No, it might happen it might not I'll give this disclaimer because no discount is certain.

No, it might happen it might not I'll give this disclaimer because no discount is certain.

Like RTEETZ said, this is not something Disney WILL do for sure. But for historical purposes, here are the offers from the last two years of free dining discount for fall, and when they were announced - offers did not include all resorts and there was limited availability and last year, your package had to include Park Hopper passes I think (please correct me if I'm not right):

for dates: 8/28/15-12/21/15 - discounted package (“Free Dining”) for general public (blacked out 10/3/15-10/24/15, 11/1/15-11/7/15 and 11/20/15-12/14/15) - announced on 4/27/15, expired 7/10/15

for dates: 8/31/14-12/23/14 - discounted package deal (Free Dining) for general public (blacked out 10/4-10/25, 11/2-11/8, and 11/21-12/11) - announced on 5/7/14, expired 8/8/14

(This is from the mousesavers website)

We were able to book a bounce back for October 1-12th with free dining. Park hopper was required. October 1st was the last day you were allowed to check in for the promotion.

I was able to book a bounce back promotion when we were there last year for this year from August 26th to September 4th 2016. It is free dining, but had to be a moderate or deluxe resort and had to have the park hopper or water park and more.

IMO requiring the purchase of park hopper or water parks further erodes the value of the "free dining" offer. It seems once people were hooked they've been decreasing the value, upping the price, & requiring more & more add ons in order to qualify.

IMO requiring the purchase of park hopper or water parks further erodes the value of the "free dining" offer. It seems once people were hooked they've been decreasing the value, upping the price, & requiring more & more add ons in order to qualify.

"Free Dining" is always a numbers game. For some people it works for others it doesn't. Everyone should do their homework and see what works for them. It def is not the deal that it used to be, but in many cases people can still come out ahead.

Requirement or no, I personally would never do a trip without park hopper. I always split parks on basically every day of my trips. The waterparks ticket wouldn't work for me, though.

I've got my trip already booked for November 12th through the 19th in hopes of getting Free Dining. We always get the Park Hopper tickets anyways, so, it still is a savings for us.

The funny thing is - a LOT of people book windows in hopes that they'll turn into free dining windows. Since they use Free Dining and other promotions to increase bookings, these type of bookings may potentially inhibit such a promotion from occurring.

Going 11/9-11/13. From everything I looked at with past FD promotions I am hoping it will be offered that week (it has been the last couple years).

Also keep in mind certain resorts will NOT be included - last year AOA and the bungalows at Poly, and PO Riverside were all excluded from the promotion. I would expect similar restrictions this year.

Best bet is to stay away from Labor Day weekend, Halloween, Columbus Day, and Thanksgiving. Days bookending those holiday weekends will be excluded as well.

They've had free dining in 2012, 13, 14 and 15, so I hope this isn't the first year they decide to stop offering it since this is the first year I am actually hoping to use it.
Free Dining is a promotion to sell rooms during lagging periods.

Sales are not lagging and that is why it is more marginalized every year.

After the next stock/real estate crash...free dining will be back with avengence.

And I got to agree that the ludicrous idea that "I booked for_____...hoping for free dining" is self defeating.

The ends are helping to eliminate the means.

Last edited:
I was able to book a bounce back promotion when we were there last year for this year from August 26th to September 4th 2016. It is free dining, but had to be a moderate or deluxe resort and had to have the park hopper or water park and more.
Values were included in the bb as well. They just weren't listed in the brochure. You just had to ask, when you called.

I just got the same PIN in my email that I got last year (not free dining). It's for up to 30% off room rate + free park hopper for 5/30–8/25/16. Hopefully things continue the way they do and they offer free dining for early September as well. Crossing my fingers for the 2 weeks after Labor Day...

Free Dining is a promotion to sell rooms during lagging periods.

Sales are not lagging and that is why it is more marginalized every year.

After the next stock/real estate crash...free dining will be back with avengence.

And I got to agree that the ludicrous idea that "I booked for_____...hoping for free dining" is self defeating.

The ends are helping to eliminate the means.

Exactly... If anyone is hoping for free dining then they should NOT book yet, or else Disney will have no reason to offer free dining.

I'm still wondering how to get the elusive "pin".
We have been able to take advantage of free dining the past two years. We will probably go again this fall, regardless ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter