free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

That's the plan! :) Still keeping an eye out for better one-way car deals. I think we are with Budget right now. Adding two car seats certainly increases the price, but I am NOT dragging those things across the big pond. Well worth the cost to avoid the hassle.

I can imagine!! We have a small SUV on points so I only have to pay for the gas!!

Got email from Dave Loesack's office today, they needed kids ages and will request tickets, crossing my fingers!

I requested tickets about a month ago for the end of Oct. received a call today, no tickets available until Jan 1, 2012!:sad1:

Got another email from Dave Loebsack, all tickets are gone for this year :(

Do you think that means that they are just gone for our district or state ....or that ALL complimentary passes are gone for 2011? We are from central Iowa and are waiting to hear back from our representative. Fingers crossed!

Just got the same answer "all complimentary passes are gone for 2011". How can this be if the passes are only available 6 months out? I am so disappointed.

On June 20, I sent our request for four passes on Dec 23 to Rep. Aaron Schock's office and got quick acknowledgements (e-mail and phone call) of our request. Still waiting to see if we get them or not. Will post whatever response we get.

tried this and heard NOTHING,, yet I did get some spam type emails to be aware of this or that thing happening in our area. Funny this guy left me repeated messages during campaign time, we even met this joker at a 4th of July BBQ 2 yrs ago and he was all about the people, yet his people cannot even reply with a sorry we don't do that or we don't have any kinda thing.

HOWEVER DH got a free ticket cause he is a GA school teacher and they can get a yr long pass, woo hoo,, at least his visit was free, LOL

Do you think that means that they are just gone for our district or state ....or that ALL complimentary passes are gone for 2011? We are from central Iowa and are waiting to hear back from our representative. Fingers crossed!

Just got the same answer "all complimentary passes are gone for 2011". How can this be if the passes are only available 6 months out? I am so disappointed.

It happens because we are in the 7th month of the year. We requested ours well before the six month window, and were in contact the week before the six month mark. June is when December tickets opened, thus the whole of 2011 is already booked.

Hi there - just found this thread and I had a question.

Do the tickets have a name attached on them? I was wondering because we are Canadian but have relatives in Georgia so thought I could maybe ask them to get us passes to save some money?

Thanks

Lisa

I tried this last year, when I saw this thread but only did it 3 months in advance (when I found the thread) and was told the ticket allottment was already gone.

I just contacted our congressman's office for April, 2012. They replied right away and said that they cannot make the request until Oct 4, 2011 (for April 4, 2012), and they can only request 4 tickets-- even though we are a family of 5- 3 kids, hubby and I.

So is it a big lottery- all the congressional offices make the request on Oct 4 and I have to get lucky and have my congressman's name picked out of a hat, so to speak? Just trying to understand the process, I guess!

Any thoughts? Trying to "make sure" we get the tickets this year. My kids were so disappointed when we didn't go to KSC last year. But I couldn't afford the ticket prices, especially after finding out there was a way to go for free.

Thanks!

Hello all.....I kind of remember a threat on here that members of Congress can get free tickets for the Space Center. Am I correct and if so how do you go about getting them? My DW and I live in New York and will be going on the 12/3 Magic and we have not been to the Space Center in about 8 years.
Thanks!
Tom

Hello all.....I kind of remember a threat on here that members of Congress can get free tickets for the Space Center. Am I correct and if so how do you go about getting them? My DW and I live in New York and will be going on the 12/3 Magic and we have not been to the Space Center in about 8 years.
Thanks!
Tom

I merged your thread with the one in question.

Good luck in getting tickets.

I knew I saw it somewhere....thank you. I guess chances are real slim for the rest of this year since we are going down on 11/28.

I had emailed my congresswoman in July (exactly 6 months before our January cruise) to ask for tickets. Got the computer generated "thanks for contacting us" email a couple days later. Then, nothing...August...nothing...September...October...nothing. So, last week I called. The first person I talked to didn't have a clue what I was talking about. He transferred me to the "tours office." There I got a very nice young lady who said she had spoken to the Space Center recently, and they didn't have anymore comp tickets for days thru February 2012. I told her that I figured that would be the case, because I knew they started handing them out 6 months in advance, that's why I had emailed in July, but had not heard anything back. "Oh, you did? Let me check on that and get back to you."

Three days later, I get the message, "I was able to get tickets for you. They will be sending more information closer to your trip date." :banana::love::banana:

Thanks to everyone for the information on how to do this!!!

I love how this is a nutshell of our government. Just a complete example of no one knowing anything about what is going on and doing nothing unless called and passed around 10 times and waiting 6 months. I've emailed or called every one of my reps and senators and they all have no idea what I'm talking about and even are quick to claim this just doesn't exist.

I thought I'd try even though I knew it was really late in the game. One of our senator's (Colorado) office said they can only get tickets for launches - not Kennedy Space Center itself. The other senator said they were out of complimentary tickets (which wasn't any surprise). To be honest, I'm pleased that I got any answer at all. We're headed north, so will do some things around Daytona instead - our grand-kids are too young to appreciate the space center yet and our adult children have been there - so spending the kind of money they want now isn't worth it for us.

I had read about the free tickets too...I found my congressman's website..and he actually had a location on his website for tours that were offered. I completed the form..and got the auto reply. A couple weeks went by and I received an email from a gal asking me information about our trip and everyone in our party. A couple months later..I received an email stating we got the tickets.
Now...at the same time... my parents contact their congressman. Did the same thing. The interesting thing is..he also had a special area on his website to request a tour. However the gal that emailed back..had no idea what we were talking about..even though the Kennedy Center was listed on their website. We found out it was a different tour in Washington DC...not the one in Florida.
I ended up emailing the gal that helped me..and she told me that not all congressmen have access to the same tours. (?? that is just stupid) You should request them as soon as you know you are going to be in the area. Worse case..they will tell you went to re-contact them. Keep that email..and follow up with them..by replying to that old email. They say..6 months out..is a safe date.
Save yourself the heartache and don't bother calling the office. You will just get transferred all over the place..check their websites first!! Once you have a contact name..then call!!

I also found out that the tickets are good for 2 days too! We are going to be there on December 2. It will be the cheapest part of our trip!!:rotfl:

I followed the advise here on the board and contacted my congressman Jerry McNearny six months before our trip. I received an email the next day saying they were looking into it. Then a week later they asked for the details of our trip and when we would be in Florida. Then, I didn't hear anything for a few months. Just last week (4 months) before our trip, I got an email saying that we would receive 4 complimentary tickets. I'm so excited! The added bonus is that my sons teachers are thrilled that they are going to the KSC and they can do a space project to make up for the work they will miss in school. :-)

I followed the advise here on the board and contacted my congressman Jerry McNearny six months before our trip. I received an email the next day saying they were looking into it. Then a week later they asked for the details of our trip and when we would be in Florida. Then, I didn't hear anything for a few months. Just last week (4 months) before our trip, I got an email saying that we would receive 4 complimentary tickets. I'm so excited! The added bonus is that my sons teachers are thrilled that they are going to the KSC and they can do a space project to make up for the work they will miss in school. :-)

Hey...Thats my guy too!! :rotfl: small world!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter