free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

I guess I shouldn't even bother for June at this point? Wow, I wish I saw this thread earlier!

I would still give it a shot. I was told we could not submit it until 6 months prior to the date at the earliest. I submitted prior, but the administrative person was out so it actually got forwarded on four days after my 6 month mark. Her last communication was that it was received and still in the queue. This is for Sept 24. (Submitted to Representative's office Dec 10, told to wait and would submit automatically at 6 months, followed-up at 6 months, out of office, sent four days later.)

I just emailed a ticket request to my Representative.

Fingers crossed.

So happy to have found this thread.

:disrocks:

Has anyone from Ohio gotten these? I am trying to figure out who to contact now for our November trip.

I live in NY and was emailed that they are unaware of this program and was asked if I could let them know how to et me the tickets. Does anyone know how they do that?
Reposted from before: We received a fax confirmation for our comp tickets forwarded to us from our congressman. The original fax is from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Office of Legislative Affairs (in Washington DC) The Contact Person was Sony Webb-Queen. Have your congressman to contact that office. Good Luck!

I emailed one congressman and he was out of my district so I emailed another. He actually has a spot on his page to specifically request tour tickets.

I e-mailed my congressman here on LI three weeks ago and haven't gotten a reply (except for the automatic thanks for the letter e-mail) for our request for October. I hope I hear something soon!

I e-mailed my congressman here on LI three weeks ago and haven't gotten a reply (except for the automatic thanks for the letter e-mail) for our request for October. I hope I hear something soon!

We requested in December, Representative's office forwarded it March 28 (just after 6-month mark), and we are still waiting to hear yes/no regarding our September 24 date. Fingers still crossed though!

I am also on LI....we are going to FL in 3 weeks. Is it too close to our date to request tickets?

Well, I just got the word that there are no more tickets till on or after Oct/11. I wanted them for August trip. Sent emailed to Congressman(PA) months ago.
I am bummed.
Good luck to the rest of you.

I am also on LI....we are going to FL in 3 weeks. Is it too close to our date to request tickets?

I have heard you must request them exactly 6 months in advance. However, that being said, why not email your congressperson to checck? Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!

If you live in the N.Y. area and e-mail congressman Weiner for tickets, you may get the tickets and a nice personnel photo of the congressman :-)

If you live in the N.Y. area and e-mail congressman Weiner for tickets, you may get the tickets and a nice personnel photo of the congressman :-)

:rotfl:

I'd also add that us New Yorker's will no longer be singing "I wish I were an Oscar Mayer weiner...."

I just emailed Dave Loebsack in Iowa, I hope he can get me tickets for our family of 4, so glad I saw this thread on here!

Well, I just got the word that there are no more tickets till on or after Oct/11. I wanted them for August trip. Sent emailed to Congressman(PA) months ago.
I am bummed.
Good luck to the rest of you.

That's a bummer. I'm still waiting to hear for September 2011... so that may explain. So much for requesting last DECEMBER... and following up in March to be sure it was sent in at the 6 month marker as indicated. Last followed up in late April, but was told I would be notified when they found out anything. Sent an email just now since it's been 6 weeks since I last asked... don't want to step on any toes by asking and figured that was a legitimate waiting period. :confused3

That's a bummer. I'm still waiting to hear for September 2011... so that may explain. So much for requesting last DECEMBER... and following up in March to be sure it was sent in at the 6 month marker as indicated. Last followed up in late April, but was told I would be notified when they found out anything. Sent an email just now since it's been 6 weeks since I last asked... don't want to step on any toes by asking and figured that was a legitimate waiting period. :confused3

My follow-up: I learned today I do have tickets. :thumbsup2 Super excited!

Date visiting Kennedy Space Center: Late September
Contacted my Rep's office: December (9 months prior)
Email sent by Rep's office to request tickets: March (4 days prior to being 6 full months)

My follow-up: I learned today I do have tickets. :thumbsup2 Super excited!

Date visiting Kennedy Space Center: Late September
Contacted my Rep's office: December (9 months prior)
Email sent by Rep's office to request tickets: March (4 days prior to being 6 full months)

Wahoo!! We will see you there. We will be heading there right after we pick up our Hertz car after we disembark the WBTA!!

Wahoo!! We will see you there. We will be heading there right after we pick up our Hertz car after we disembark the WBTA!!

That's what we did. Disembarked after breakfast, shuttle to Hertz, drive to Kennedy Space Center..........and we were there a few minutes before it opened. Had a great day there too.

That's the plan! :) Still keeping an eye out for better one-way car deals. I think we are with Budget right now. Adding two car seats certainly increases the price, but I am NOT dragging those things across the big pond. Well worth the cost to avoid the hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter