free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

This is definitely worth asking about. We will be emailing about this for our spring trip. Thanks!

All - This is the statement I received today from NASA's Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs:

We regret to inform you that there are no complimentary tickets available in 2014 for the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex (KSCVC) in Cape Canaveral, Florida. In addition, OLIA will cease taking requests for complimentary tickets, effective July 1, 2014, which is when tickets for early 2015 would have become available.

The complimentary tickets are the same exact tickets as those that can be purchased online or in person at the KSCVC, and we encourage you to visit this website for more information: www.kennedyspacecenter.com. In addition, we encourage you to visit NASA Visitor Centers across the country. More information is available on NASA’s website at: www.nasa.gov/about/sites.

In other words, the program whereby tickets were made available to members of Congress for their constituents has been discontinued.

It's been great while it lasted, but all good things come to an end. I'm guessing its demise was a matter of budget limitations, logistical issues or simply a change in leadership - it could be they feel the program is no longer necessary or beneficial enough.

My recommendation? If you still want to contact your congresspeople, ask them to increase NASA's funding and to support the space program, even if they can't get you free tickets. That really was the point of the program, and it shouldn't take free tickets for us to recognize NASA's worth.

And the in meantime, DO visit the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex (KSCVC) in Cape Canaveral, Florida. It's a fun way to spend a day, especially if you can do it the day before departing on a Disney Cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter