free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

It's a lot of bus riding around the property with not a whole lot to see, so some kids may find that part pretty boring. But, once you're back at the visitor area, there are a lot of things to see.

I can agree with this. The bus tour is just okay except for the stop at the Apollo/Saturn V Center, which I thought was better than the main visitor's area. Among many exhibits about the Apollo program, there is a full size Saturn rocket in there. It's great.

KSC now has the Atlantis space shuttle which is new within the last year. That exhibit must be worth seeing too -- I'd like to see it.

Sad. Disappointed. An online inquiry, a snail mail follow up letter, several phone calls resulting in messages left on voice mail, several more phone calls resulting in a "real" person answering my questions, information pertaining to trip taken and........nothing. One week out from our trip and still no definitive answer either way from Congressman Richard E. Neal's office. A yes, we can offer you tickets, or no, sorry, not available for your dates would be sufficient, but nothing. Dangled out on a string waiting. Latest info received last week was "they wouldn't know until one week from our trip". Well, that's officially today. Oh well, so glad others were able to take advantage of this and we'll still visit KSC and enjoy the trip. Guess I will uncross my fingers and start packing! Rant over! :goodvibes

Sad. Disappointed. An online inquiry, a snail mail follow up letter, several phone calls resulting in messages left on voice mail, several more phone calls resulting in a "real" person answering my questions, information pertaining to trip taken and........nothing. One week out from our trip and still no definitive answer either way from Congressman Richard E. Neal's office. A yes, we can offer you tickets, or no, sorry, not available for your dates would be sufficient, but nothing. Dangled out on a string waiting. Latest info received last week was "they wouldn't know until one week from our trip". Well, that's officially today. Oh well, so glad others were able to take advantage of this and we'll still visit KSC and enjoy the trip. Guess I will uncross my fingers and start packing! Rant over! :goodvibes

That stinks :( our request was denied at 4 months out because they need 6 months but they should definitely not leave you hanging. That seems like poor service.

That is really disappointing, since Neal's predecessor, John Olver, had staff for district 1 who knew exactly what to do with KSC requests at six months in advance. :(

This is an amazing offer. Has anyone from Nebraska had any success recently with this?

Thank you all for posting. I am from Northern California and emailed my Congresswomen just like many of you advised. I heard back within 3 days confirming that we got the tickets. I did this in Late January for July tickets. The key is to request it exactly 6 months before. I will get more details in June. Happy to have free entry to KSC since we'll just be getting off the Fantasy after spending $$$.

I just checked with my congressman from Ohio, and I was told that the Office of Legislative and Intergovernmental Affairs requires exactly 6 months in advance. So right now they are only accepting requests for July.

Sent an email to the person who is supposedly handling this a week ago (in my case out of the DC office) but never got an answer back.

At least acknowledge the letter... And if you can't handle the load, then get some other staffer to do it for you...

Just send a friendly reminder in case the email got lost (emails don't get 'lost')

I contacted my congressman and it took a few weeks but I was able to get 4 tickets. This was an amazing thread. Thanks for sharing!!!!!

I first asked my Senator and was told they could get DC tickets, but not NASA. I then asked my Congressman (should have done that first ), was told they never heard about it. I then sent them an email with all the contact info I found here on the boards and his aide said she was glad I brought it to her attention and yes she could get us tickets for 6 months out. We did get our tickets and had a great time. The 2 IMAX theaters are great also. Our Delaware Congressman's office did a great job.

Don't give up. Keep trying hopefully you will get tickets.

I first asked my Senator and was told they could get DC tickets, but not NASA. I then asked my Congressman (should have done that first ), was told they never heard about it. I then sent them an email with all the contact info I found here on the boards and his aide said she was glad I brought it to her attention and yes she could get us tickets for 6 months out. We did get our tickets and had a great time. The 2 IMAX theaters are great also. Our Delaware Congressman's office did a great job.

Don't give up. Keep trying hopefully you will get tickets.

Our congressperson Marcy Kaptur might as well use crickets as the ring back tone.

We are almost at the 6m point. Excited to try, DH has always wanted to go. We are in FL, I'll post our attempts and keep you all updated.

Six weeks today is our disembarking day. We plan to visit Kennedy space Center that day. I just received a call and an email from the liaison from our congresswoman's office. Both our confirmation numbers in our parking passes were emailed to us today.

I can't tell you how pleased I have been with how smoothly everything has gone. I highly encourage anyone that is still more than six months out to pursue their tickets. I found that I received an immediate response through sending letters via the Postal Service. My emails were never answered. I opted not even to try calling.

I just received an email telling us our free tickets will be there for our October trip. They will email us confirmation numbers in September. Super excited!

Congressman Alan Greyson's office was a joke. Emailed 6 months before and was told I could only get 2 adult and 2 children tickets (Well what do I do with a 13 year old- she needs an adult ticket) Then I finally get an email about a month later saying "sorry, we already gave out the allowed limit, I should have contacted them 7 months before."

My guess they checked to see if I was a republican or a democrat before saying yes...

I know they limit the free tickets to 2 adults and 2 children. I will be out of pocket for my 3rd child. Still, a great deal!

I know they limit the free tickets to 2 adults and 2 children. I will be out of pocket for my 3rd child. Still, a great deal!

I am just waiting for my final confirmation email We were approved for 4 adults for our June trip. I emailed out at 6 months and got a response back right away. About a week after that I was notified that we were approved !! It is a great deal!! Free!!!!

I emailed our congressman here in GA and never heard back from them. Oh well.
I guess that sounds about right.

I thought this might be worth posting. We were told to ask our congressman about free tickets to Kennedy Space Center. I emailed his office, they asked us how many adults/kids and what date. I received confirmation that our free tickets are at will-call for the date we will be there.

Our tickets include:

> admission to the grounds, including all exhibits and shows
> bus tour, including observation gantry, international space station center, and apollo saturn V center
> opportunity to see both IMAX movies (I'm not sure what "opportunity" means)
> visit to the astronaut hall of fame
> tickets valid for two days of admission

It was cheaper for us to fly in on a Thursday and stay an extra night in a hotel, instead of flying in Friday for a Saturday cruise. Go figure. So we will be going to Kennedy on our extra day! :woohoo:

Smart! Because otherwise it is expensive! Worth it but pricey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter