free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

I requested tickets on April 1 for the end of October and was told they have already been allocated through November. Bummer....

So happy I just received my confirmation number for our June visit. Also included was a parking pass and the tickets it is for 4 adults.

I emailed our congressman here in GA and never heard back from them. Oh well. I guess that sounds about right.

Where in GA? We are in GA and got the free tickets for a trip we took a few weeks ago. Requested them last October.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I know they limit the free tickets to 2 adults and 2 children. I will be out of pocket for my 3rd child. Still, a great deal!

Actually, they just limit to 4 tickets total. We had 3 adults in our group and we got 3 free adult tickets and 1 free children's ticket. Just had to purchase a child ticket, which we we got at a discount from our hotel (Fairfield Inn and Suites in Titusville).

Actually, they just limit to 4 tickets total. We had 3 adults in our group and we got 3 free adult tickets and 1 free children's ticket. Just had to purchase a child ticket, which we we got at a discount from our hotel (Fairfield Inn and Suites in Titusville).

You're right. My bad.

Thanks for posting just e-mailed our congressman trying to go in july for a day trip while we are at wdw.

Thanks for posting just e-mailed our congressman trying to go in july for a day trip while we are at wdw.

Tough call. Typically it's six months in advance. But it depends on your area. The more people visit from your district, the harder it will be...

Tough call. Typically it's six months in advance. But it depends on your area. The more people visit from your district, the harder it will be...

I'm from Indiana so hope there are some left if not its ok we were talking yesterday what to do on days off from Disney and didn't see you could get tickets from congress till yesterday so if it doesn't work out no big deal sure we will find something else to do.

I'm from Indiana so hope there are some left if not its ok we were talking yesterday what to do on days off from Disney and didn't see you could get tickets from congress till yesterday so if it doesn't work out no big deal sure we will find something else to do.

For Indiana I emailed Todd Rokita, there is a specific link on their page to request the tickets. They grant 4 and get back to you pretty quickly.

Quick question - are only congressman the ones that can get this requests or should we try our senators too?

My congressman's office is not that 'quick' to respond it seems.

Quick question - are only congressman the ones that can get this requests or should we try our senators too?

My congressman's office is not that 'quick' to respond it seems.

AFAIK, it's your congressman. But I couldn't hurt to ask your senator.

Our experience was after I contacted our congressman's (well, congresswoman's) office, I receive an email saying "we can't get tickets for Kennedy Space Center, only the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts". :headache:

So, I told them "Yes, you can". About 3 weeks later I got another email saying "Sorry, can only get them 6 months ahead". Our trip was sooner than that, and I knew it probably wouldn't work, but had to give it a try. And our congresswoman learned something. :rolleyes1

I contacted my congresswoman today Jackie Walorski for Indiana in my area they didn't know anything about free tickets they had to do some asking around they called me back quickly and said yes they have a contact for free tickets to kennedy space center in florida and they e-mailed them my request. So see if I get them since I didn't reserve them 6 months in advance guess its worth a try.

I am curious if there is a lot of free tickets overall or a per state thing. Todd rokitas assistant was very helpful this year compared who I have dealt with in the past.

I am curious if there is a lot of free tickets overall or a per state thing. Todd rokitas assistant was very helpful this year compared who I have dealt with in the past.

I believe it's X amount per congressman per day. Don't know what the actual number is.

anyone in TN tried this? Also, has anyone had success in dates that are less than 6 months out? Thanks!
Amanda

It depends... Not sure if KSC gives out a certain number of tickets to each congressman or they simply give them out based on request. KSC only accepts requests up to 6 months in advance.

Ours just replied back that they were currently giving out tickets for August 2014 - that's 4 months out so YMMV.

FYI - This is what I just go from the incompetent office of my congressman:

We regret to inform you that there are no complimentary tickets available in 2014 for the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex (KSCVC) in Cape Canaveral, Florida. In addition, OLIA will cease taking requests for complimentary tickets, effective July 1, 2014, which is when tickets for early 2015 would have become available.

So basically - they are out of December tickets even though I'm making a request a few days before the day I was planning on going but worse, no more tickets after that...

Our congressman's assistant was not aware that they could get us the tickets, but after I cut and pasted the information from this board as to how to do it, she was very receptive and got us our tickets, but it had to be 6 months in advance. In fact, my husand was sick at the time we were supposed to go, so she contacted the Space Center and got me tickets for about 3 weeks after our scheduled time. She couldn't have been nicer. Kudos to Mary from our Delaware Congressman's office !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter