• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free laundry at okw?

Alicnwondrln

DIS Veteran
i was told on a chat that laundry can be done for free at okw
is this true? they said it was in the laundry room , where would that be

Yes, the washers/dryers are free. I know for certain there is a laundry area by the pool at the Turtle Pond Road location. According to another site, there are laundry rooms at all the pool locations.

Laundry is free to guests at OKW or at any of the DVC resorts.

However, it is not acceptable to drag your laundry from another hotel to do it OKW (or any other DVC resort)

Where the main pool is up front, there is a small room with 2 washers and 4 dryers. If you are in the main pool and you are facing the main walkway, it is in the building closest to the pool all the way over to the right side. YOu access it on the side of the building. Right behind the laundry across the walkway are the bathroom / changing rooms. The use of the machines are free but soap and fabric softener are $1.00 per box. Of course, if you are staying in a one bedroom or larger, you will have a washer and dryer in your room.

CarolA said:
Laundry is free to guests at OKW or at any of the DVC resorts.

However, it is not acceptable to drag your laundry from another hotel to do it OKW (or any other DVC resort)

I dont really understand your post
i take it as your ASSUNING that i wanna know so i can take my laundry here from ANOTHER resort
thats not the case

Just to clarify...EACH of the pool areas at OKW (there are 4 of them) have a laundry room available. The machines will be the coin op type, but you only need to push the coin slot in without coins in them to get the machines to work. I really don't recall how many machines are in each one, because we don't stay in the studios, but I think it was more than one pair.

Alicnwondrln said:
I dont really understand your post
i take it as your ASSUNING that i wanna know so i can take my laundry here from ANOTHER resort
thats not the case

Sorry, I was confused since your signature says you are staying at WL. Also, this is an issue that has come up in the past.

All DVC resorts provide free laundry to there DVC guests.

But like Carol stated it is not for people to drag laundry from one resort to another or even from the Hotel portion to the DVC portion. I've never had a problem doing laundry while staying in a studio but I imagine in this internet age the perk is spreading rapidly and will soon go away if too many people Laundry Hop....

Not stating that was your intent but just giving my opinon. I could see how with your countdown it could be interpreted where you are staying would be WL Hotel which has no free laundry prevlieges.

:teeth: Laundry hopping? LOL. :teeth: can't imagine anyone going to a different resort just to save a couple of bucks on laundry! :eek:

Maybe guests at a "sister resort" (like WL, BC, YC, BWI) might walk to the villa side, but actually get into a car or take the bus to a free laundry? :eek: :eek: Wow! Not my idea of how to spend a precious day of vacation at WDW! :teeth:

Best wishes -

each and every laundry mat at OKW has 2 washing machines and 4 dryers.

(you need to seperate the clothes for the dryer 1-wm, 2 dryers).

these are heavy duty machine and can take a much bigger load than the ones in the villa.

OKW hardly ever has a problem - although on Friday morning it can get crowded.

OKW has more washing machine and dryers than the other DVC resorts.

Laundry at OKW is for OKW guests only no one else. What next!!

Let's hope it doesn't get to be a problem, but I suppose Disney could put a lock on the laundry room door that would require your room key to allow entry.

I thought I saw card reader locks on the laundry rooms at OKW, they just weren't being used/activated. I guess they never had a big problem with "Laundry Hopping".

yeah i dont have a countdown
i am doing the walking to WL challenge
there is nothing saying i am going to WL in a trip and i am not providing dates in my signature saying i am going to WL

I have rented points from someone on these boards and will be going to OKW
so i wanted to know

maybe a better response would have been r u staying at okw ? and then waited for my response or saying r u staying there and if so yes there is and heres the info

several of the responses are just nor nice and you are assuming that i am looking to break the rules
just cuz others have doesnt mean i will or am looking to

Oh, and yes please, don't just throw your clothes in a washer/dryer and leave. The laundry room can get busy sometimes. We generally wait in the pool area, if we don't swim we read a book.

Chuck S said:
I thought I saw card reader locks on the laundry rooms at OKW, they just weren't being used/activated. I guess they never had a big problem with "Laundry Hopping".

as a renter and not owner i wasnt sure if that ( the laundry) was a perk for everyone or just owners
thank you for responding
i will hold all other OKW questions for the owner

Chuck S said:
Oh, and yes please, don't just throw your clothes in a washer/dryer and leave. The laundry room can get busy sometimes. We generally wait in the pool area, if we don't swim we read a book.

i wouldnt do that :rotfl:
thanks again :rotfl:

Alicnwondrln said:
as a renter and not owner i wasnt sure if that ( the laundry) was a perk for everyone or just owners
thank you for responding
i will hold all other OKW questions for the owner

Alicnwondrln, I wasn't implying that you were not staying at OKW, I assumed, actually that you were. My post was in response the DukeStreetKing who said
...but I suppose Disney could put a lock on the laundry room door that would require your room key to allow entry.
I think those locks have been at OKW for quite some time (several years), but I've never seen them active. There is a automatic door opener button inside the laundry rooms that also is non-functional.

you can leave - 30 minutes for the washer (perm press cycle). It will still be going when you get back - it goes 32 minutes (might be 35)

20 minutes (20 minutes from the time you started it) - for the fabric softernor.

or that was it the last time I used them.

the dryer can be longer 45 minutes - just depends upon your clothes.

but I go swimming too!!!

It is a fun hour and half swim - while watching the laundry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter