Free park stuff for (roughly) 4-to-9 year-olds

EdmondD

DIS Veteran
Looking at the new Kidcot stuff got me thinking of the great, free (or mostly free) stuff that the parks offers for little ones (my age range is somewhat arbitrary and you may or may not agree with it). These things are especially nice for people who go to the parks a lot and are okay with taking time away from attractions. What am I missing?

Kidcot - used to be kind of lame with the Duffy stuff, but my son still liked it. Ziploc looks like it's got it all bagged up now, and is improving upon it. I give this a 6/10

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom - Had no real idea of what this was until a few trips ago. We really, really like it! It takes some time, but man, it can be fun for everyone, even if you're just observing. I just love watching how the non-descript areas that you'd normally walk right by magically transform into a portal when you activate them. 10/10

A Pirate's Adventure - not as familiar with this as Sorcerers, but anything that's interactive and allows a kid to make something happen in the parks is pretty neat. 8/10

Wilderness Explorers at AK - themed on UP!, you get a booklet with activities, then earn badges from around the park by completing relatively easy and kind-of-educational nature-based stuff. The CM's staffing these spots are great. It took a few trips, but our son finished his book and they had a nice little ceremony for him. This is perhaps our favorite of all of these. 10/10.

Egg-stravaganza in Epcot in the spring - search for hidden characters, shaped like eggs, throughout Epcot. Spot the character and get a sticker - complete the little sheet with stickers, and get a souvenir plastic egg! 8/10

Agent P's World Showcase Adventure in Epcot - haven't done it, but people I've talked to really like it.

Since you like Sorcerers, definitely check out Agent P. My daughter went nuts for both of these on our last trip.

not in a park, but I highly recommend the free drawing classes over at AoA. I believe they are held 3 times daily.

Free from around the world Coke samples in Epcot's FutureWorld.
My kiddos thought I'd gone senile when I let them go there;).

Take one or three of those strollers people seem to be leaving all over the place. They are free!

I'm just kidding, come on. :)

Have your kids bring a birthday card for Grandma or a blank white 8x10 canvas (very cheap) and ask a cast member from each country at Epcot to write something.

My daughter loves looking for hidden mickeys. I know not really free park stuff but fun to look for while waiting in line. We also stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and you can collect "charms" for completing activities around the resort. You can also visit Animal Kingdom Lodge and use night vision goggles to see animals. There used to be free chocolate samples at Ghiradelli in Disney Springs, not sure if they still do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter