Free Parking Back?

Yes it is back! NYTimes has an article unveiling lots of new changes at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. There are lots of pro-consumer changes that were unveiled today. This is one of them.

Will be curious to what extent Swan and Dolphin feel the need to counter-react to this.
Thanks for the confirmation, Cfabar1. It’s a small step in the right direction at least.

Didn't they have parking fees all along when WDW wasn't charging?
Yes.. I’m not sure why they would feel the need to change anything. They charged parking fees years before Disney did.

I for one am fairly pleased at this change. At very least it feels like a gesture to restore some guest good will ( right in time for a recession when they will need it).

Yes it is back! NYTimes has an article unveiling lots of new changes at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. There are lots of pro-consumer changes that were unveiled today. This is one of them.

Will be curious to what extent Swan and Dolphin feel the need to counter-react to this.
Lots? I saw 3. What am I missing?

Complimentary parking at hotels. Photos included with G+ and AP holders have more relaxed rules about reservations/hopping.

I wouldn't say free. It will be added 'somewhere'.
I’m sure the net effect of rates from early 2020 is still a very substantial increase. Wasn’t All Star running at 100 per night fairly recently? And I just paid ummm… a lot more than that just now, with a discount.

I’m the end this is a nice PR win and prices for people with cars have gone from completely insane to better but still kind of ridiculous.

(not even mentioning the recent ticket price increases here)

LOL this one is funny to me, because you know, my luck.

We had to cut our trip short last summer because we got Covid, so we have a stay in March to finish out the last 2 days of that trip, this time we're staying at the Fort with our camper. So i wasnt going to be paying for parking anyways.

I'm glad to see disney making this decision, this one was nothing but a money grab and was a major issue to me. I hope to see them move back to less nickel and diming, what they were doing is what caused it to lose the magic for me.

The rack rate would go up every year regardless. Just as the rack rate went up every year when they weren’t charging for parking. So it’s still a positive in my books.
It will save $210 if we hire a car for next year. That $210 will probably go towards food there, so a win win for Dinsey and I get to spend some extra in my budget for food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter