Free Realms

Martydog and AlyceCat have signed up ! !

Looks like fun.

Thanks for the link.

:ccat: :ccat: :ccat: :dogdance: :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:

Looks very cool, but lol I can't fit in any more games!

Larlyn, here is another article I found on that.

Sony Partners with Topps for Free Realms Trading Cards

Topps Sony announced a partnership yesterday with trading card company Topps to create a collectible card game for the upcoming free-to-play virtual world Free Realms. The exclusive long-term licensing agreement will produce a digital card game playable in Free Realms as well as a physical card game for sale at retail. The digital version will launch at the same time as Free Realms with the actual cards hitting stores in Spring 2009. Both will allow players to earn virtual goods for use in the online world. Some items, like exclusive pets, clothing, race car enhancements, wands, house items, and special character effects, will be exclusively available through the actual card packs.

The cards will be sold in Passport to Free Realms Starter Packs for an unannounced price andInvading_bixie_mage in booster packs for $3.99, which will include 10 gameplay cards and 1 loot card that can be redeemed for goods online. Topps plans to have over 200 cards in production at the time of release with more following in later expansions.

This past summer, Topps got into the virtual worlds and virtual goods business on its own with the launch of Toppstown.

“Our online trading card games have been hugely successful, and the chance to take our digital trading cards into the physical world with an industry leader like Topps is a fantastic opportunity for us as a company,” said John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment.

http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/2008/11/sony-partners-with-topps-for-free-realms-trading-cards.html#more

I signed up.

It looks neat, although.. I doubt i'll play it much, because I really need to cut back on video games.

Thats awesome Laralyn!

I can tell you this is a good bunch of beta testers that have found the game. Good luck to you guys! (with this crew you will need it :rotfl:)

There are plenty of parent/children teams on here, I hope they take you up on that offer.

ill take you up on that offer i what to play the beta version pls help
T_T

I've signed up as well - still looking for something to play that has the vmk feel to it...

There is a "For Parent" link somewhere on FreeRealms...you can look at that but thats not what I wanted to say!! LOL I saw a picture of fairies and all kinds of wings you will be able to buy!

It's funny to see a post about Free Realms on the DIS! :)

I'm creative director for the game, and we're having a lot of fun making it. I'm a huge Disney park geek and there was a definite influence on the design of the game.

If you signed up with a child between the ages of 10-16, PM me with the station name for you and your child, and I'll see if I can get you into the beta a bit earlier. We're especially looking for kids who'll be beta testers for us, particularly if they have a parent who will play with them.

Thanks!

i cant post yet my username is darkpaly6 i whant to play T_T ive waited 2 weeks T_T pls take pity on me:worship:

Well I guess I just need to quit my job and get rid of the kids and husband, all these games are taking all my time. I signed up!:)

I've signed up for the beta along with my little brother. I'm 21 and he's 12.
We've both been really excited for Free Realms since we first heard about it in the summer.

Well, okay. I've been more excited than he's been.
But that's because I'm impatient.

I play EverQuest 2 and I love the housing aspect in that game. It's like decorating in the Sims, but way better. And FreeRealms is supposed to have housing as well!

I was even checking the website every day (did I mention I'm impatient?) and on Nov. 8th when we saw the beta sign-up button we both signed up as fast as we could.

But, alas, no beta yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter