• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Realms

Still waiting for my invite, but my son was able to get his. He is Sabastian Fireblade.

He did a few of the quest already, this looks like it could be good...

I'm in the same boat as you. After I tried to download, I still showed the "Hold on, you still have to download!" screen. No idea what was supposed to happen.
sounds like the download didn't complete. Check to see if it was something like a popup blocker. It did open another screen when the game ran.

I was also required to download something but as soon as I did, it took me to the place to create my character.
Arg, how much space does this download take up? My poor ailing laptop can barely run my other games as it is; not sure it can handle another big program.

Okay, I read all the posts and decided that my problem was my pop-up blocker. So I enabled it. And wammo everything started proceeding. I created my character (Morgan Glitterywings, until I can get TinkCollector). Then I click enter game and, much time goes by as it downloads....then it says Graphic Issues!! Okay you techies help me here, my coputer has everything on the list, Intel Pent 4 or better, Windows XP, 1 Gig Ram, okay here are the two that I do not know about. I am on WildBlue satelite is that a Broadband Internet Connection? And this one might be the graphic card that someone else mentioned GeForce? :tink:

Arg, how much space does this download take up? My poor ailing laptop can barely run my other games as it is; not sure it can handle another big program.

The download says somewhere between 70-80MB but the folder in my program files is 203MB. It puts files such as scenery on your computer, but when playing the game, most of the world is streamed right from the internet.

It just opened on Saturday and recently has been receiving player feedback, so it's nowhere near ready for an official launch, which means a lot will be changed from now until then. They still have to go through an Open Beta period.

I will warn everyone that there may be times when they need to reset everyones avatar in the game. This is not uncommon for online worlds, but they said they will do their best to try and make sure that does not happen.

Just wanted to let everybody know that Chedstro's (Dis) character name of Coriander was approved and she has been playing with some major lag.

However my computer has major problems with this game, so I can not even get the game downloaded. I got past creating a character, but the second window that opens for the actual game just stays black. When I tried to delete the game files and ActiveX control to start over it messed up Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer. For the moment I will just let this game get more stable.

Just wanted to let everybody know that Chedstro's (Dis) character name of Coriander was approved and she has been playing with some major lag.

However my computer has major problems with this game, so I can not even get the game downloaded. I got past creating a character, but the second window that opens for the actual game just stays black. When I tried to delete the game files and ActiveX control to start over it messed up Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer. For the moment I will just let this game get more stable.

OH gosh, I hope I don't have the same problem. I have a brand new computer with 8 GB DDR2 ram, 640 GB hard drive, Nvidia Gforce graphics card and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor. Do you think it will run ok?? :confused:

My name, Cruiselinefan, has been approved. I am hoping that it will not be too choppy later today.

OH gosh, I hope I don't have the same problem. I have a brand new computer with 8 GB DDR2 ram, 640 GB hard drive, Nvidia Gforce graphics card and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 processor. Do you think it will run ok?? :confused:
You should be OK. If it doesn't work just do not try to disable the ActiveX control or removed the program directory/files.

This game runs too slow even on my work computer. I am not sure what the cause is. I have tried to adjust my video settings, resolution, performance features, etc. I have never had any game run this slow. Guess I will have to wait until it gets a little better.

I had the same issues when POTC first opened up and fortunately they fixed most of the issues so I am hoping for the same here.

I was reminded today of the beta disclaimer. I think it needs to be kept in mind when posting about the game while it is in beta.

It's important to be kind to the game makers that have been so kind to us ;)

For more open game discussion, Free Realms does have it's own forum for Beta testers, in case anyone was not aware of this.

It dawned on me today that I was completely forgetting that I was using the Chrome browser while trying to log in to set up a character. Once I switched to IE, I was able to create a character.

The server crashed shortly thereafter, so I couldn't get into the game interface itself. All I can say is...

I didn't do it. :rolleyes1

Oh I played for several hours tonight!! I really like this so far, too bad I have no sound :( anyone else have this problem?

It dawned on me today that I was completely forgetting that I was using the Chrome browser while trying to log in to set up a character. Once I switched to IE, I was able to create a character.

The server crashed shortly thereafter, so I couldn't get into the game interface itself. All I can say is...

I didn't do it. :rolleyes1

wow Briar, you solved my problem LOL

I came back here and I was going to post that it wasn't working then I saw your post and I thought "oh yea I'm using chrome too" heh, darn for (chrome being so new, but I love it to bits :lovestruc)

Anywho yes thanks for the help! lol

I'm creating my character now and all I can say is, "wow".

Once you initially set up your character, I recommend using Google Chrome. IE provides extreme lag and many people are saying FF crashes a lot when playing FR. There is a long thread inside the beta forums on how well chrome works when actually playing the game, but because it's not a supported browser, you cannot download the game using it. Chrome has quick load time while in the game and provides the least lag out of other browsers.

OK, I tried it on Chrome. The upside is that when my character is idle, the screen doesn't jump all over the place and make me sick anymore. LOL! The down side is that the game is still SUPER laggy.

Another thing that bothers me is the giant text box that takes up the bottom left quadrant of the screen. I can't close it and, everytime I hover the cursor or try to click anywhere in that quadrant, the text box interferes with the action. Is it just me?

I can't wait to play this game in all it's glory! I love the look, them music etc....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter