From Disneyland to Legoland...will there be disappointment?

I know I already gave my input months ago, but I have a fresh perspective now as we ventured out of our Disney comfort zone and are currently passholders at Legoland. We have been twice since December. I personally am already regretting giving up Disneyland APs for this. But...it's really fun if you've never been and is relaxing after days with the intensity and crowds of Disneyland. If any adults in your party like looking at models, it can be fun just wandering around looking at what's been built. There are some great Star Wars models from episode I through VI. For kids, it will be a lot more fun. My children love the rides, the waterpark, and just playing in the various playground areas. My biggest tip at this point is that if you're interested in any of the roller coasters, either get there early and go on them right away or plan on standing in line forever. In fact, that's pretty much the rule for most rides. Aquazone is my son and my favorite ride, but if it's warm out, the wait can be 45 minutes even in the off season, so plan ahead. There's also a "reserve and ride" feature now. It costs more, but if you'll be going on the faster/older kid-adult friendly rides, it might be worth getting.

I know I already gave my input months ago, but I have a fresh perspective now as we ventured out of our Disney comfort zone and are currently passholders at Legoland. We have been twice since December. I personally am already regretting giving up Disneyland APs for this. But...it's really fun if you've never been and is relaxing after days with the intensity and crowds of Disneyland. If any adults in your party like looking at models, it can be fun just wandering around looking at what's been built. There are some great Star Wars models from episode I through VI. For kids, it will be a lot more fun. My children love the rides, the waterpark, and just playing in the various playground areas. My biggest tip at this point is that if you're interested in any of the roller coasters, either get there early and go on them right away or plan on standing in line forever. In fact, that's pretty much the rule for most rides. Aquazone is my son and my favorite ride, but if it's warm out, the wait can be 45 minutes even in the off season, so plan ahead. There's also a "reserve and ride" feature now. It costs more, but if you'll be going on the faster/older kid-adult friendly rides, it might be worth getting.
We're headed there on March 7. What rides should we hit first thing? I have 7 year old boys. Don't know if we'll do water park. Would we have time for both in one day?

We're headed there on March 7. What rides should we hit first thing? I have 7 year old boys. Don't know if we'll do water park. Would we have time for both in one day?
If you don't do the water park, there is still a pretty fun water play area inside the regular park. It's in the pirate area, there are small water slides, water cannons and the huge bucket that dumps a million gallons of water! Pack the swim trunks for the boys and jump right in if its hot and they want to play. They also have the full body dryers for afterwards.

If you don't do the water park, there is still a pretty fun water play area inside the regular park. It's in the pirate area, there are small water slides, water cannons and the huge bucket that dumps a million gallons of water! Pack the swim trunks for the boys and jump right in if its hot and they want to play. They also have the full body dryers for afterwards.
Thank you! Great tip!

All of the rides are slow loading...or at least most of them, so prioritize which rides are most interesting. Roller coasters all get long lines early on. The Driving School also generally has a very long line. If you're there for pre-entry, hit the boat cruise when you get there as even that line gets really slow later. If you're going when it's warm, look at hitting some of the water-based rides early, too, such as Aquazone and the stuff in the pirate themed area.

I've found you can absolutely hit the water park and the regular park all in one day. You won't see everything, but it still makes for a good trip. We've always enjoyed the water park more than the regular park, but it really depends on your interests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter