From Disneyland to Legoland...will there be disappointment?

texasgingerbread

DIS Veteran
Should I add Legloland into our California trip? My boys are 6 and love Legos. I see this as an opportunity but after 5 park days at Disney will we be disappointed? I cant imagine only coming to CA for Legoland for a weekend having Disney so close...I would have to visit.

We have been to Legoland several times, twice on Disney trips and twice on San Diego trips. We have boys who are now 24 and 21, and when they were younger they LOVED it. Even our daughter, now 14 and 13, loved it just a few years ago. DH and I love it too. I want to go stay in the Legoland Hotel sometime even though my kids are bigger. So I vote YES! :goodvibes

If you really want to visit then do it, then you will know for sure... buuuuuut I do think you will get kinda bored after Disney... if it could be done before it would be better

It's different, certainly, but my son has always preferred it. I don't know when you are going but if it's warm enough to hit the water park and you have an active kid, I think it will be a hit.

We went when DD was 5 and she loved it. I wouldn't say any less or more than DL, but she just had a blast all around. It is smaller and less kept that DL for sure. If you dont go pointing out how it's compares (or rather, doesn't stack up to DLR) then I'm sure your kids will have a great time there.

If your boys love legos then they will love legoland. They are at a perfect age for LL too! We went when our boys were 8 & 10 & DD was 13 now she was kind of bored. There is more for boys imo at LL than DL. Don't miss the opportunity while they are young because they will outgrow this park very soon. Its a nice park with a lot of cool stuff. You will like it.

Have you looked in to a CityPass?
http://www.citypass.com/southern-california

It comes with a 3 day hopper pass. You can upgrade to 4 or 5 days at Disneyland if you want.

I've never been to LL, so no comment there.
When I plan a trip that includes anything in addition to DLR, we go there first.

We've tried slipping in another theme park in the middle of a DLR trip. It's been a let-down for us.
When we have done Universal and Knott's.
My group knows nothing compares to Disneyland.

Geemo

As said if he likes Lego he will probably enjoy it. I think all other theme parks have a hard time standing up to DL once you have been. We were left feeling a little blah after our day at Universal Studios after having spent 9 1/2 days at DL. We did LEGOLAND in the middle of DL and my kids had fun and they were 13, 10 & 10 at the time.

DH and I went with no kids and were very underwhelmed. Seemed like a local family type park.
But we will take DGD once......plan on doing it BEFORE we go to Disneyland and will stay in the Legoland Hotel.

I do not like LEGOLAND. I've been two or three times thinking it was just "me" but I realized the place just sucked. I've had other friends that went and said they didn't like it either and would have preferred to spend the money on purchasing legos instead of going to the park.

My daughter loved it, but I wished I was back at DL the whole time.

I like Legoland for what it is, a nice family park with excellent Lego theming. I think the place is best for the Lego-loving 12 and under crowd and their families. I always enjoyed our visits there. That said, I wouldn't choose to end a Disneyland trip with Legoland. For me personally, I would find Legoland a let-down after Disney, and I would be missing Disneyland. We always did Legoland either first or as a non-Disney day during the middle of a trip.

Repeating what everyone else said. 6 is a perfect age for that park. My kids were 5 and 1 and the 1 year old was much too young. You'll find longer lines that are really boring and not thought out well. Lots of things cost extra to play. You will find yourself comparing all the time so best to do it first.

We only went once to Legoland... and we did not care for it at all.. We have done the Zoo and Seaworld and if going to San Diego would prefer those places over Legoland.. we found it really boring.. Personally would start your trip with Legoland if hearts are really set on it.. not end it..
Have a great time !!

We went to Legoland once, at the beginning of a Disney trip. It was a HUGE letdown. The lines were extremely long and boring. My lego-loving kids were 5 & 8 at the time, my oldest was 14. If you're going to go, absolutely plan it for the beginning of the trip.

I've had other friends that went and said they didn't like it either and would have preferred to spend the money on purchasing legos instead of going to the park.

Yes! The money we spent at LL would have been better spent at the Lego store in DTD.

I agree with it being a huge letdown. My boys love Legos and they both said they never wanted to go back. It was cool seeing all the things they built out of Legos, but thats about it. We were there all day (9:30-5) and only went on 2 rides... and it wasn't for lack of trying!

I wished we had saved our money and just went to the Lego Store in DTD.

We've got Legoland planned for the end of our DL trip. My kids love legos and the Lego Movie. We'll be there for a Sunday afternoon and then Monday. I'm sure it won't compare to DL, but I'm sure the kids will love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter