From Mickey Mouse to The Wildcats - Live Trip Report

This is now going to be a very quick post, just spent about 1 hour doing a post and lost it so a quick review of the day, Hollywood Studios, pool this afternoon, Beaches & Cream then a walk around the Boardwalk.
Tomorrow was supposed to be Busch but decided on a rest day and a little shopping at the outlets.

Wayne, that is a great picture of you and Matt :thumbsup2

No ice-cream at Beaches & Cream ;)

Exactly what Joh said :)

nice pics (especially you with Matt)
wot, no ice cream?

Oh what I would give to be sitting in Beaches & Cream right now!
Great photos by the way :goodvibes

Hi Wayne

enjoying the trip report. Never tried Beaches and Cream, might try it next time.

Can I ask how much you paid for the 7 seater as the next time we go we will have 7 people.

Just shared choc cake this time, too full.

7 seater was expensive this year, I have found most car rental agents merging with Cartrawler, there is very little competiton out there, discount links, codes not there anymore. So we paid £608 for 18 nights less 7% Quidco if it pays ( I had to put a claim in) its about £100 more than I paid last year.

Love Beaches & Cream! Enjoying the TR. we enjoyed our stay at the BC last year. How's the weather?

I've been enjoying Matt's blog updates when I wake up at 5.30 in the morning... it reminds me of last year you guys were there just before us and reading the live trippie got me right in the mood and it's happening again!

LOVE The Swan, prefer it over the Dolphin but if it was a great discounted rate then I'll still take the Dolphin and their inflated resort fee AND the daily parking charges over the costs that Disney charge for a Deluxe...or even a moderate! Don't get me wrong I do love a splurge at a Disney Deluxe because I love the Disney magic but if I go twice a year then I'd rather get a discount at the Swolphin if I can get the same price than for a Disney Value/Moderate.

Hmmm Beaches and Cream I cannot wait! I love all the pictures and reading about your trip and I love your non-Disney restaurant food reviews too.

Thanks for sharing.

Shame that you got a grumpy CM. Sadly we found this more common rather than the exception in the summer.
Since I am not a fan of the grumpy CM threads I passed our experience off as an exception.

Really liking the Swan and definitely one for us to consider.

However after 5 continuous years at WDW we have decide to have a break for 2014.

By the way great having Lily as a guest blogger on Matt's blog :goodvibes

Love the photos. The food looks yummy. Hope the weather is holding out for you. Rain rain here :(

Temps are really high but then keep getting heavy downpours. This morning got drenched getting from car into stores at DTD then Just came out of restaurant this evening and got in car and got another downpour, 2 or 3 times a day but then clears up and red hot again.

Realaxing day today, shopping and pool time. Matt got some shirts, I got just the one. Lunch was at Sweet Tomatoes, still as good:goodvibes for 3 adults it cost $27 with Bogof voucher.
This evening was at Texas Roadhouse, not been to the new location before, last time was at Hunters Creek before it closed down. Definitely the best meal of the trip so far, delicious steaks. Total for 6 of us came to $110(incl free onion blossom), less than burgers at beaches & Cream last night.

Loving your updates, they're really making me get excited. Might have to try Sweet Tomatoes as I've heard a few people say its good.

Texas Roadhouse has become a new favourite of ours Wayne. Glad your experience was good.

I am loving your TR Wayne as it's giving us some great ideas for dining off property
Joh - I remember you saying how good Texas Roadhouse was :thumbsup2

More thumbs up for Texas Raodhouse from us as well. :thumbsup2 Went last year and again this year. Excellent! :)

Mrs TT

Really enjoying your TR, Wayne and loving Matt's blog. It's so cute that Lily has a guest blog spot. I just love reading her report.

Never eaten at Sweet Tomatoes, must try that in October. I LOVE Texas Road House, never eaten there in FL but when we lived in Michigan we were regulars at our local one.

Looks like you're getting that typical summer downpour. It's always really strange because once it stops, it's all dried up in half an hour. What's your take on the parking at DTD, Wayne? I know they've closed a ton of parking to start the work for Disney Springs, but is it difficult to find a space?

Never eaten at Sweet Tomatoes, must try that in October. I LOVE Texas Road House, never eaten there in FL but when we lived in Michigan we were regulars at our local one.

Looks like you're getting that typical summer downpour. It's always really strange because once it stops, it's all dried up in half an hour. What's your take on the parking at DTD, Wayne? I know they've closed a ton of parking to start the work for Disney Springs, but is it difficult to find a space?
ST has been a fave of ours for a few years. Register with their website and you get BOGOF coupons thru within seconds, valid for 2 weeks. Mondays is a good day for us, they make Mushroom soup(all their soups are made from stratch) which is amazing.
We went to DTD the other day, not too bad for parking just before lunch, not even tried in the evening it looks crazy.

I'm drooling looking at those steaks....
One of the best steaks I have had for years,

Today was so hot, started in AK, did our faves like the safari, Festival or the Lion King etc then back to hotel to cool off in the pool.
This evening we drank and ate around the world, called in Coral Reef to see Jack (DIS name Mrdudecool) Matt has known him for years online, great to meet him at last.

Will have to catch up with a few pics tomorrow, a bit late (12:09am) to be uploading them now.:goodvibes

Your pictures are tempting me to eat offsite. How is Lily coping with the heat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter