From ZERO to HERO - The October 2015 W.I.S.H. Challenge

Just a quick post to say that I still exist!! Feeling a bit stressed at the moment for no reason at all. And that gets me behind on everything. Including this thread. I have not updated my trip report in forever even though I have three full days already written, I just need to get it posted... I hope I will get out of this funk soon! At least it is not affecting my eating and exercising!! I finally picked up a new pair of walking shoes at the end of last week and they are so comfy that I feel like I want to go hiking on a daily basis!! So happy to have proper shoes again!

WOOHOO for comfy shoes! I wish I could hike today.... it is a lovely fall day here in New Hampshire! Dump that funk asap!! :hug:

Well, you need a chameleon of course!! :thumbsup2 Oh - I forgot, you said easy! :rotfl:

Well.... DD was Rapunzel a few years ago and we weren't able to find an actual Pascal at the time, but we did find a Beanie Baby chameleon.... so maybe DD would loan him out! But I have since bought her an actual Pascal..... but I think he is packed up with her college dorm stuff.....so no hope of finding him! :-) .........P

It appears that the month is winding down -- I'm going to start working on the thread for "No One Loses Weight Like Gaston - November WISH Challenge" today!

Get ready to party with everyone's favorite guy!

giphy.gif

@courtneybeth LOL I didn't even see your comments here about the croque glacé before I posted on Instagram yesterday!! How funny!!! Here is the croque glacé for anyone who was wondering and it is AMAAAZINGGGG. So glad calories and carbs don't count in Disney LOL.

Also here are a couple of fun pictures just to share the WDW magic with all of my friends here! already had 2 yummy Disney treats AND this morning we conquered Everest!

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you're all having magical days!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Also here are a couple of fun pictures just to share the WDW magic with all of my friends here!

I am late in saying congratulations on your marriage!! I loved the wedding picture. You all looked so happy! And your DH is wearing a suit (I remember there being some disturbance in the suit department...)!

Have a fantastic time at WDW - so far it looks like you are succeeding in that matter!!

So instead, let's continue the October windup. What has been your favorite thing this month? What are you ready to leave far behind?

Favorite thing this month - celebrating our 30th anniversary all month with weekends at the shore. Every weekend, we biked, walked, and danced to great bands. Such a blast! What I'd like to leave behind? Slow weight loss and night work! Unfortunately, I won't be leaving the night shift anytime in the foreseeable future. And I've come to accept that the weight loss will be slow.

@courtneybeth LOL I didn't even see your comments here about the croque glacé before I posted on Instagram yesterday!! How funny!!! Here is the croque glacé for anyone who was wondering and it is AMAAAZINGGGG. So glad calories and carbs don't count in Disney LOL.

Also here are a couple of fun pictures just to share the WDW magic with all of my friends here! already had 2 yummy Disney treats AND this morning we conquered Everest!

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you're all having magical days!

View attachment 131290 View attachment 131291 View attachment 131292

The pictures are WONDERFUL! You are so cute!! I'll be honest that croquet glace doesn't interest me at all.... but the Mickey bars.... MMMMMM!!

QOTD - October 28

Woohoo! It's Wednesday!!!! What is your woohoo?

Well..... this is a tough one for me today...... I've been BARELY staying OP so I can't woohoo about that.... and I am working doubles nearly every day.... so no woohoo there.... and DS's costume is not nearly finished.... so no woohoo there. Hmmmm........so how about this.......

I'm awake, alive and healthy..... I live in a free country (thank you VETS!!), I have a good solid roof over my heads, three square meals a day, a healthy family that I love and adore (including my parents who just turned 74 and 79!! Happy Birthday Dad!), an in-law family that I truly love and enjoy spending time with, money in the bank (not much, but still) and a Lord and Savior that died for my sins..............I AM BLESSED!!!! So WOOHOO!

Morning my friends! Wowza...October is ZOOMING to a close! Where did it go??? And I SO EXCITED to see that the November challenge is ready and waiting!! That is definitely a WOOHOO!!

I'm subbing for the computer teacher today and I have a few big gaps in my schedule, so no excuses not to stay caught up here today!! Too bad I didn't bring DS's costume to work on here.... I still have some stuff to cut and I could have easily brought it along to use up my free time. Oh well.... fingers crossed that I have my book in my bag! I would LOVE to spend time browsing Pinterest when I am free today, but unfortunately the "social media" filter on the school computers blocks it.... THANK HEAVENS it doesn't block the DIS!!!:D

Off to double check my schedule before the kiddos get here!...............P

Hi everyone, still funky here. But I am ploughing through it!

Not sure what to woohoo about today... I guess I will use the fact that I managed to try to get close to my flu shot yesterday... It is really ridiculous here. Because I have private insurance and am not part of the state health system, I need to get a prescription for the flu shot (did that two weeks ago), then pick up the shot in a pharmacy and then take it to my doctor to get the flu shot shot into me. If I were in the state system, I could just get it from my doctor as the state system provides the flu shots directly to the doctor. But the doctor is not allowed to sell it to me as he is not a pharmacist... And the irony of it all: I actually work for the state, but the state employees are actually not part of the state health system!! (That's what you get when your country pioneered the idea of a state health system in the late 1800s...). Anyway, my woohoo is that I went to the pharmacy to buy the shot. BUt you know what: It is sold out!!! Well, the pharmacy is going to call me when they can get it and then I just need to go and pick it up and take it upstairs two flights from the pharmacy to my doctor's office. So, I feel like I am already very close to it!

Favorite thing this month - celebrating our 30th anniversary all month with weekends at the shore. Every weekend, we biked, walked, and danced to great bands. Such a blast! What I'd like to leave behind? Slow weight loss and night work! Unfortunately, I won't be leaving the night shift anytime in the foreseeable future. And I've come to accept that the weight loss will be slow.
Wow! You guys know how to have fun! I can appreciate your acceptance of the weight loss being slow. This will help you change your lifestyle, not just being on a diet! Happy Anniversary!

Not sure what to woohoo about today... I guess I will use the fact that I managed to try to get close to my flu shot yesterday... It is really ridiculous here. Because I have private insurance and am not part of the state health system, I need to get a prescription for the flu shot (did that two weeks ago), then pick up the shot in a pharmacy and then take it to my doctor to get the flu shot shot into me. If I were in the state system, I could just get it from my doctor as the state system provides the flu shots directly to the doctor. But the doctor is not allowed to sell it to me as he is not a pharmacist... And the irony of it all: I actually work for the state, but the state employees are actually not part of the state health system!! (That's what you get when your country pioneered the idea of a state health system in the late 1800s...). Anyway, my woohoo is that I went to the pharmacy to buy the shot. BUt you know what: It is sold out!!! Well, the pharmacy is going to call me when they can get it and then I just need to go and pick it up and take it upstairs two flights from the pharmacy to my doctor's office. So, I feel like I am already very close to it!
OMG! How complicated is that. The flu shots are just everywhere here. I was just commenting the other day on how incredible it is that you can get a flu shot at the grocery store or a pharmacy or at all these other places! So, overall, do you think your health system is good for most people?

I am so happy that someone else thinks like that, too!! Give me a chocolate covered marshmallow wand however.... :cloud9:
I'm shocked! Well....one less thing to be tempted to eat. Who knows....maybe I won't like it either. OMG....do you think I'll be able to throw it out....if I don't like it? How many of us have issues not finishing something?

Okay WhooHoo Wednesday....hmmmm.....well I'm marinating my chicken wings for Halloween. I'm working on decorating my Magic Band...oh...whoohoo....it came in the mail....how can I forget that Whoohoo! I'll post a pic when I'm done. The ideas are still baking (food analogy, LOL)! I'm working on where to have lunch at Disney. I have a daily schedule with FP+ and dinning reservations and what treats I want to try at each park. So now....I'm on to lunches. I swear I live vicariously through the dinning menus online. If I can't eat it...I can anticipate eating it. The obsession never ends does it? I had an unexpected dinner invite last night. So, first thought, what is going to be served, what can I eat without insulting my hostess. She served chicken stew over biscuits with salad. So...I chose not to eat the biscuit. I took the salad, dressing was a struggle, because I usually have really low cal. dressing, which she did not have. So I used blue cheese but only put on a little. I ate a small serving of the chicken stew with a side of fresh squash. So I did really good, I thought. I'm getting better at selecting and still having enjoyment. One of my friends did try to push a bite size snicker bar on me. I had to refuse several times. He said...you should eat want you want...we are on the downward slope now. Meaning....your getting older....don't worry about it, you will die soon anyway! Geesh! But....good choices...I politely declined the snickers! Happy Whoohoo Wednesday to everyone!

Woohoo for today (even though it happened yesterday)! Yesterday I came in under points because I had choir rehearsal until 9p so by the time I got home it was 10p and I was more interested in sleeping than eating LOL. I'm going to the gym today. I got new wireless bluetooth headphones for my birthday but forgot to pack them! So I guess I'll have to suffer through another workout with those dang wires :P . Feeling pretty good about this week so far Hopefully the scale will be kind enough to reward the hard work :worship:

l773396158.jpg

QOTD - October 28

Woohoo! It's Wednesday!!!! What is your woohoo?

Woohoo-- I came in under 190 this morning! This is the first time I've seen an 8 on that scale since I quit WW back in April! I love the app I am using - Fooducate. It will do point or calories and I'm finding I am doing well with the calorie thing -- it even takes what food you put in and will show you better alternatives to your choices. That definitely helped me get my woohoo this morning!

How many of us have issues not finishing something?

:wave: I do, I do! I think it's a nasty combination of the "starving kids around the world" rhetoric and the "you can't have dessert until you finish your plate" mantra that has been instilled in me since birth... Funny you should bring that up, because that's a biggie for me! Especially if I've paid for it, I feel like I should finish it. OR I feel like I don't deserve a sweet unless I'm stuffed full of non-dessert food first. It's taken a while, but I'm learning that yes, I can have the strawberries and cool whip even if I'm not stuffed!

OMG! How complicated is that. The flu shots are just everywhere here. I was just commenting the other day on how incredible it is that you can get a flu shot at the grocery store or a pharmacy or at all these other places! So, overall, do you think your health system is good for most people?

Overall, I think we have a decent health system, only a very few fall through the cracks, so nearly everyone has decent coverage. It is pricey, but not out of the world, most people are able to get needed care quickly (thinking about wait time for hip replacement and stuff like that), we have the freedom to choose any doctor we want. There are just a few quirks that are really stupid. And then of course the demographic effect of people getting older and Germans not producing a lot of kids... So health care in the future will become more pricey. My boyfriend lives in the US and I am often baffled as to how different our systems are. But also our approach to health care in general. That's why here in Germany only doctors are allowed to give you a flu shot.

I'm shocked! Well....one less thing to be tempted to eat. Who knows....maybe I won't like it either. OMG....do you think I'll be able to throw it out....if I don't like it? How many of us have issues not finishing something?

As hard as it is, I think the ability to throw something away that is not really tasty is a huge step one needs to learn. I try to limit those scenarios as much as possible, for example by sharing stuff with my boyfriend or my sister, so that hopefully at least one of us will like it. Or by being a bit less adventurous. I general I am really good in determining what I might like and what not. And I have learned the hard way that a lot of sweets have become far too sweet for me to be enjoyable.

With the Croque Glace I am quite confident that you will love the ice cream - the ice cream at France in Epcot is really absolutely delicious and I would highly recommend it. I just don't like the idea of the brioche around it. But that is also because I am very special about what I consider a good brioche. To me brioche and ice cream just don't go together well. So, in case you turn out not to like the combination like me, you can always just eat the ice cream out of the brioche!

I'm working on where to have lunch at Disney. I have a daily schedule with FP+ and dinning reservations and what treats I want to try at each park. So now....I'm on to lunches. I swear I live vicariously through the dinning menus online.

I know what you mean... Done that for many trips as well... :rolleyes1 I think my favourite healthy-ish QS lunch is no longer. It was a pasta and spinach salad at Pizzafari at AK.

Woohoo for today (even though it happened yesterday)! Yesterday I came in under points because I had choir rehearsal until 9p so by the time I got home it was 10p and I was more interested in sleeping than eating LOL. I'm going to the gym today. I got new wireless bluetooth headphones for my birthday but forgot to pack them! So I guess I'll have to suffer through another workout with those dang wires :P . Feeling pretty good about this week so far Hopefully the scale will be kind enough to reward the hard work :worship:

Oh, once you get to try out the bluetooth headphones, let me know how they work! That might be a great thing for running for me as well!

Have fun at the gym!

;)

Yikes! That is pretty complicated! Like ThistleMae said, you can get a flu shot anywhere here! In fact, it seems kind of nuts that I can get a flu shot at the grocery store or Walmart..... just seems WRONG somehow!

I am so happy that someone else thinks like that, too!! Give me a chocolate covered marshmallow wand however.... :cloud9:

It reminds me too much of an éclair.... and I do NOT like eclairs.... ick! THat would actually be a FUN QOTD..... what treats do you NOT like?! I don't like doughnuts (I worked at a Dunkins in college and never ate a single donut for the 6+ months I worked there..... but don't ask me about the coconut macaroons we made!), or anything with custard (so no eclairs, no Boston crème pie), or Twinkies (hate that you can feel the gritty sugar in the crème filling in your teeth.... or at least that I what I remember about them from when I was about 7..... haven't eaten one since then), or storebought cookies (with all of the good stuff in the world, why would I waste my calories on Chips Ahoy??), or cream puffs (texture thing again), or candy apples (but caramel apples are a whole other story!).

What exactly is a chocolate covered marshmallow wand??? Sounds like something I WOULD like!!

It is/was an issue I have struggled with..... but I have learned over the years to toss it if I don't like it or if I am too full to finish it! Even at Disney! DD and I shared a lemon tart from the French bakery a few years ago..... but it was REALLY tart and neither of us liked it..... so a few bites in it was trash.... same with a lentil salad from Morocco, and mochi ice cream from Japan.... ICK! In fact, funny story about the mochi..... after DD both tried it and hated it (got a GREAT photo of DD's face as she realized it was icky!!) a small group of teenage girls came by asking us where we got it. I told them but also told them that we didn't like it (it comes in a 6 pack or 8 pack or something like that) and that they were WELCOME to finish our box. I reassured them (as best I could) that we had just bought them (still cold and fresh) and that we weren't strange or weird..... just a Mother/Daughter trying something new! They were actually happy to have them.... but I didn't stay long enough to see if they liked them any better than we did! And remember, I am the QUEEN of CHEAP! I hate wasting food..... but I also hate "WAISTING" food that I don't really want!

Okay WhooHoo Wednesday....hmmmm.....well I'm marinating my chicken wings for Halloween. I'm working on decorating my Magic Band...oh...whoohoo....it came in the mail....how can I forget that Whoohoo! I'll post a pic when I'm done. The ideas are still baking (food analogy, LOL)! I'm working on where to have lunch at Disney. I have a daily schedule with FP+ and dinning reservations and what treats I want to try at each park. So now....I'm on to lunches. I swear I live vicariously through the dinning menus online. If I can't eat it...I can anticipate eating it. The obsession never ends does it? I had an unexpected dinner invite last night. So, first thought, what is going to be served, what can I eat without insulting my hostess. She served chicken stew over biscuits with salad. So...I chose not to eat the biscuit. I took the salad, dressing was a struggle, because I usually have really low cal. dressing, which she did not have. So I used blue cheese but only put on a little. I ate a small serving of the chicken stew with a side of fresh squash. So I did really good, I thought. I'm getting better at selecting and still having enjoyment. One of my friends did try to push a bite size snicker bar on me. I had to refuse several times. He said...you should eat want you want...we are on the downward slope now. Meaning....your getting older....don't worry about it, you will die soon anyway! Geesh! But....good choices...I politely declined the snickers! Happy Whoohoo Wednesday to everyone!

Nice job out maneuvering the "food pusher"! Those kinds of folks make me pretty mad! Would you push a cocktail on a recovering alcoholic? Or a cigarette on someone trying to quit? Honestly, being overweight is unhealthy too and when someone is trying to make the HEALTHY decisions/choices, why do others find it necessary to challenge that!? Usually because they want to not feel guilty about their OWN bad choices!!

And woohoo on making GOOD choices for yourself when the food served it out of your control!

Woohoo!

Look at that..... I'm caught up!;) ...................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter