From ZERO to HERO - The October 2015 W.I.S.H. Challenge

Hey all! Last day of October and I did NOT have time to post! So sorry!

That being said, I had a loss of a bit over a pound this week, but unfortunately that puts me pretty much even with where I started the month (due to the vacation gain of 2 lbs) and since my overall goal for the month was a net loss of 1 lb..... I did NOT make my goal. But I am truly happy to end the month where I started it, considering how much vacation weight I COULD have gained! Onward and DOWNWARD for November! In the home stretch for 2015!! Wow! I promise I'll have more time tomorrow to chat! Gotta serve dinner and answer the door for the trick-or-treaters right now!....................P
Girl...you did great only gaining "2 pounds" on your vacation! That is a feat in and of itself.

Congratulations to you and your wife!! I hope you will have a fantastic Disneymoon and we are looking forward to seeing you back in the November challenge afterwards!

You are doing very well!! Congratulations!

Thank you so much for waiting until Tuesday. So I can report in with my final result. I am unfortunately up 100 gramms from last week (thanks to that time of the month), but I am still at 75% overall, so happy enough!

And a huge big thank you to you and @JacknSally for hosting such a fabulous October challenge!
We look forward to hearing more from you in November! Congrats, Congrats....so happy for you!

Hello everyone. I'm in for the first time. My name is Melissa and I'm from pittsburgh, the city that puts fries on everything. I am turning 33 next month and have been on a healthy lifestyle journey for the last 3 years. I was always average, never thin or overweight. I have migraines and hit a rough patch in my late 20s. The medicine that I was on, coupled with being depressed from feeling awful, I packed on some weight. I peaked at 150 which was a lot, I was usually around 120 and in 5`1. So, prior to my 30th I joined weight watchers. I got down to 115, but it was all diet and no regular exercise.
I kept the weight off until this spring. I gained a few pounds here and there, in actually dont know how much I weigh, last time I checked I was in the mid 120s. I ended up hating myself for letting myself go. I wasn't mentally ready for weight watchers. I loved it and know I can eat whatever I want in it, but I worried if I failed I would go down a path that would be hard to turn around.
I randomly bought a jaw bone in the beginning of august. I started running, until my ankle told me it didn't like to run. I walk, play golf (walk with my clubs) or do insanity 3 to 4 times a week.
I feel great, but in feel even better that I am not doing it for weugh loss, for an end (class reunion, etc...), or anyone other than myself .
My goal is to get my 10k steps everyday, but be ok with myself if i don't. I am gone 15 hours a day and there are days I can't exercise. I want my overall step average to be 10k.
I fear about putting my weight out there. I don't want to be judged for being a healthy weight. I just want to feel better on the inside.
I look forward to continue on my health journey with all of you!
Being healthy and being fit are huge lifestyle changes for anyone of any weight. You can be thin and very unhealthy. So...no worries...we all have to make choices everyday that impact these goals. Some days you need a little support to make the right choices. The bad choices add up...don't they?

I would love to join this challenge! I'm 37 and have 5 year old twins that just started Kindergarten. My daughter dances (my mom and I own a studio) and my son does karate. Everyone thinks because I've always been a dance teacher that I get plenty of exercise, but that's not really true. I spend more time correcting and explaining then doing (that ship has sailed - lol).

I don't really need to lose a lot of weight, but I'm not happy with how my body looks. I've always had a big butt and thighs, but I need to drop a few pounds and tone everything up! I easily slack off with both eating and exercise. Bread and cheese are my favorite things! If I don't watch what I eat and do some exercise I can quickly put weight.

Is it possible to set a number of minutes of exercise/activity per day? I did a different September challenge and that's how they did it. Even though I didn't reach my goal of 600 minutes for the month, it was an easy way for me to track my progress. If it's not okay, just let me know.

I'm going to Disney for week in October so I'm sure I'll reach my goal!

You seem like such a nice, positive group of people!!!! Good luck everyone!
Thank you....we are a positive group! And welcome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter