Fuel Prices Where We Live

we are due to drive from upstate NY to Disney world next Friday. I don't know what's going to happen! I'm nervous!

Paid 3.05 for Diesel, peanuts today, remember when:

Yes, I have fuel logs from then and paying 4.05 a gallon to fill the bus. I think I spent around 600 in fuel that trip to Disney.

@hulagirl87 unless people panic and seriously start hoarding I don't think you will have an issue. They have already given and emergency authorization allowing trucks to carry fuel further with proper hazmat permits. So I am hoping it will all sputter out before people go all TP on this.

Last edited:
We made a 5000 mile trip out West in 2010, Colorado and Wyoming up into Yellowstone. All the diesel we bought was over $4 gallon and some approached $5. It was a great trip and worth every $$. We had never been through Iowa, we never realized there were that many windmills and that much corn. 8-)

We made a 5000 mile trip out West in 2010, Colorado and Wyoming up into Yellowstone. All the diesel we bought was over $4 gallon and some approached $5. It was a great trip and worth every $$. We had never been through Iowa, we never realized there were that many windmills and that much corn. 8-)

I'll never forget the trip my father and I took into IA for a college visit during my senior year. As we crossed the state line, there was a big sign that said, 'Amusement Park, This Exit.' Looking in the direction of the exit, there was nothing to be seen but a farm with 3 large silos and acres upon acres of fields. My father and I had quite the time spending the next hour creatively imagining all of the amusement park rides they must have stuffed into those silos!

To keep us on topic - gas was probably about $.80-$.90 per gallon at that point!

Yup, the blockhead factor is high around here. A friend filling up for the week saw one truck pull up and begin filling 10 5 gallon gas cans. We are not going to be out of fuel for weeks, already they have restored pipeline service from NJ to NC, but that won't stop them.

2f63b204f228fcd8dbcc5b6f00dfbc963692f67ce72af751139994d8aa06c4cd_1.jpg.jpg

Still in $2.58 gallon for regular here. The Colonial pipeline runs through Meridian. We have fairly large terminal here that distribute to a big portion of Central MS and western Alabama.

1) There is at least one GOOD thing about retirement.
2) Driving needs mainly revolve around grocery store visits.
3) Thus, fuel usage is at a minimum.
4) And, my ragtop demands Premium gas. (YEP, expensive stuff!)
5) So, the price of gas is a concern, but not a big concern.

Filled up the coach yesterday at Sam's. First time in a long time diesel was cheaper than unleaded. All the other places in town are 5-10 cents higher than Sam's. The truck stops at the highway are $3.40 for diesel.

20210530_182221_copy_2016x1134.jpg

j

Locally diesel is 2.99 to 3.09 same prices as regular. Truck stops are showing 3.19-3.29, TSD RV discount is 2.76 at TA, 3.12 at Loves.

Just came through Port Huron and lucky to find gas for $2.98, only one place in I-69 that cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter