FuelRod

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruise cruise cruise

<font color=royalblue>Either way we will have FUN!
Would you buy a fuel rod off ebay? Would it be swappable via the kiosks in the parks, or do I need some sort of registration/account (like do I have to put in my email each time to pull up my account)?

Idk why you wouldn't be able to. But I just went and looked at eBay prices. I see one for $29.85 with shipping and one for $18.95

Their $30 at Disney or $20 in an airport or other locations outside of Disney. So really not saving much by going through eBay

Amazon has almost all of them for $18 down to $12 for the less powerful ones. It comes down to shipping costs.

nothing is needed to be put in other then an empty fuel rod to get another, used them in Jan and it worked out great for me :)

Idk why you wouldn't be able to. But I just went and looked at eBay prices. I see one for $29.85 with shipping and one for $18.95

Their $30 at Disney or $20 in an airport or other locations outside of Disney. So really not saving much by going through eBay

Totally agree. You can also order them from their website for $20 each plus $5 shipping. Not a huge savings if you're buying only one, but the $5 shipping is a flat rate, whether you're ordering 1 or 10 or how ever many you want. That's how we did it for our set of 4. So convenient to be able to swap out at the parks, and gives me peace of mind when traveling with teens who might not remember to charge a regular one overnight.

How common are the kiosks? It seems hard to beat the convenience of carrying one in my bag and just recharging it each night. I’m honestly curious why these have taken off (other than the obvious situation where someone didn’t come prepared with a portable charger, ran out of juice and bought one in the parks).

There are several in each park, marked on the guidemaps and in MDE. For us (well, me) it is the convenience of not spazzing out and babysitting the need to charge them each night. I just need to make sure everyone in my crew has one in the morning when we head out, that's enough for me to have to worry about :)

I have used one my last couple trips, and like it. These are small batteries, smaller than I would normally carry for a long day in the park, with taking pictures, refreshing for fastpasses, etc. BUT since I can swap them out often, it makes for a lighter bag!

Once you know where the kiosks are, they are easy to use. If I'm going by a kiosk, I usually swap out even if the battery is only partially used, cause, why not?

One thing good to know, is each kiosk has a 1-800 number to call if you have a problem (last trip, one of the kiosks ate my battery. Called the 800 number & gave the kiosk #, and they reset it remotely & had it dispense the new battery - no hold time, it was very fast and easy)

I would just wait and buy one at the park. I bought one at magic kingdom at the main street theater. $30 seems expensive for a small, portable charger but we swapped ours out multiple times. Plus we will take it back the next time we go. We didn't have trouble finding kiosks.

How common are the kiosks? It seems hard to beat the convenience of carrying one in my bag and just recharging it each night. I’m honestly curious why these have taken off (other than the obvious situation where someone didn’t come prepared with a portable charger, ran out of juice and bought one in the parks).
I livestream from the parks and resorts on an almost daily basis, super convenient just to go and swap for a fully charged one.
MK: Exposition Building, Space Mountain gift shop, Pecos Bill and Big tent gift shop
Epcot: Photo store by Spaceship Earth, gift shop before World Showcase and gift shop at International gateway
DHS Gift shop to the right on Hollywood Blvd (forgot the name) Rock n rollercoaster gift shop and Pizzerizzo
AK: gift shop on Discovery Island
DS: Sundries by bus loop and Co-Op
there are also kiosks in each resort and ESPN WWOS

There are several in each park, marked on the guidemaps and in MDE. For us (well, me) it is the convenience of not spazzing out and babysitting the need to charge them each night. :)

Different people have different points of pain, i guess. I’m a creature of habit so it would be much easier for me to remember to plug our portables in each night than remember to swap them out at a kiosk as I go by. I’d always be carrying around a dead one or telling DH to remind me to find one after the next ride. :crazy:

I livestream from the parks and resorts on an almost daily basis, super convenient just to go and swap for a fully charged one.
MK: Exposition Building, Space Mountain gift shop, Pecos Bill and Big tent gift shop
Epcot: Photo store by Spaceship Earth, gift shop before World Showcase and gift shop at International gateway
DHS Gift shop to the right on Hollywood Blvd (forgot the name) Rock n rollercoaster gift shop and Pizzerizzo
AK: gift shop on Discovery Island
DS: Sundries by bus loop and Co-Op
there are also kiosks in each resort and ESPN WWOS

Thanks for the list. It’s just DH and my phones so I guess I can see this if you have more devices and don’t want to carry around something large enough to charge all of them.

There are enough Kiosks in the park. We used one Fuel Rod last summer with a family of 5. We were constantly swapping it out for a fresh one so that we could charge multiple devices every day. It worked wonderfully, and was super convenient. The only thing I might say is with 5 or more people, you might want to consider 2 of them. There were times when we had two dead devices at the same time, and obviously could only charge one, but we did manage to make it work. At $30, it is the ability to swap them out for a fully charged replacement any time you want that makes this a good investment.

Can you exchange ones you buy off amazon also or just the ones in the machines for 30.00 ?
If it looks like this I would expect you can, it reads the barcode to swap
banner.png

If it looks like this I would expect you can, it reads the barcode to swap
banner.png
Is this what they need to look like ? I found all different colors on amazon but not one that looks like this .. I mean if not it’s fine , even the 30.00 is ok given you can reuse it unlimited but just curious.

Is this what they need to look like ? I found all different colors on amazon but not one that looks like this .. I mean if not it’s fine , even the 30.00 is ok given you can reuse it unlimited but just curious.
this is what the machine dispenses, can you post a pick of the one you're talking about. I have only seen white ones come out from the machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter