Funniest comments you've overheard in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diznotyzed said:
Well, ok, if we're gonna admit to embarrassing things we actually said ourselves, I'll own up to this one.

Four of us were on a girls only trip to DL, and when I say girls I really mean mid-fortyish. We all liked to pin trade and I'd brought along my extra MM shaped soft pin backs. All four of us were huddled close around a cute young male CM looking at his lanyard, when one gal dropped a metal pin back and couldn't find it. "It's ok" I somewhat loudly proclaimed, "I've got a bunch of rubbers back at the hotel". That poor CM went beet red, as did I, and I can only imagine what the other guests around us thought we were asking him to do!

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Not Disney related, but similar.

When we were juniors in high school, my best friend and I attended a winter formal with a bunch of friends, we all stood around talking and then headed off to our various cars, planning to meet up for an after-dance stop at Waffle House (hey, it's what was open). Well, our car was the furthest off so everyone else had left by the time we discover we have a dead battery. Great, it's after midnight and we're stuck in the parking lot of a resort. So, we wander about in our slinky formal dresses, hoping for rescue, when we happen upon two 20 something maintenance guys in a truck. I, being a complete moron, run over to them (trailing my friend, the one with the common sense) and loudly ask the guys, "Hi, will you please come jump us?" They both just sat there looking confused and alarmed until I realized what I had said and my friend (after glaring at me for a few moments) explained the situation.

On a really hot, crowded summer trip we overheard a man tell his group (in all seriousness) "We'll never see it all at this rate... from now on it's three parks a day, folks". We use that line now too but only in jest!

Last year on the plane to Orlando, DS9 struck up a conversation with a family of 5 on their way to the World. At one point he asked them where they were going to stay. The dad replied "Oh, I don't know. We'll decide when we get to Disney World." :sad2: Mind you, this was in June.
When we landed, DS asked the family how they would be getting to their resort. The dad said, we'll probably just ride the shuttle. :sad2:

budbeerlady said:
Dont feel bad. I thought the same thing being from MI. I didnt have any interest in seeing the Osborne lights, I am not an Ozzy fan. Good thing for the Dis boards (and their pictures) I would have not gone to see it at MGM and missed something really cool! :thumbsup2

For real it is not Ozzy? I always thought it was...huh, the things you learn. :)

arkansas mom said:
Last year on the plane to Orlando, DS9 struck up a conversation with a family of 5 on their way to the World. At one point he asked them where they were going to stay. The dad replied "Oh, I don't know. We'll decide when we get to Disney World." :sad2: Mind you, this was in June.
When we landed, DS asked the family how they would be getting to their resort. The dad said, we'll probably just ride the shuttle. :sad2:

:faint: :earseek:

For all the planning I do it's amazes me that people really think like that...

vascubaguy said:
Ok, this isn't something I overheard at Disney, but it is something I read that another DISer did at Disney. It cracks me up every time I read it. She posted it on another thread and figured I'd put it over here... :lmao: :rotfl2: (I just read it again) :rotfl2:

Anyway, here it is (hope ya don't mind DawnaJean - if you are reading this)...

Originally Posted by DawnaJean
Two weeks ago, I was with my DS 3 at Blizzard Beach Tike's Peak. He said "Mommy let's play Power Rangers", so I said "sure, let's go". He walked quickly up the stairs and over to the kids' slides where you can sit next to each other and go down at the same time. We waited a minute as there were several moms and dads with kids in tow around the top. Then, when it was our turn, we sat down together, and in his deepest (albeit quiet) voice, he put up his muscles and said "Blue Power!". I, following his lead, and trying my best to play the part, threw my arms up and yelled robustly (assuming my son would like it more if I used more energy)......
........"WHITE POWER!!!!!!!" and then we went down the slide together. ARRRGGGGG - should have picked pink

That is the best one I have read.....I read another one about some lady telling her friend Disney uses "fake fire"? But that one takes the cake! Thanks for sharing! :woohoo:

6 year old boy to his father (at about 1030pm one night at the MK):

"Shut up, poopy head!"

Put me off having kids for about 10 years.

i over heard someone say that the old ski lift thing was snow whites casltle...the words were "wow they did snow whites castle really great" as they pointed to the ski lift thing...they were dead serious to. :rotfl:

Several years ago we took our family to WDW for the second time. Our DS was about 3 at the time and was receiving speech therapy for a severe speech problem. On the day we were visiting MK we decided to see the HM. Our DS wasn't to sure about this and all through the line and the first walking part of the ride we kept assuring him that it was going to be fine as this was Mickey's house and it was all fun. About half way through the cemetary he had finally had enough and loudly announced "I know dis is Mihkee's house but IT's not bun bor me!" This is a quote we still use everytime we do the HM 13 years later.

:tigger:

Not sure if this qualifies for a dumb thing said...or a dumb thing done (probably both).

And frankly I can't believe that I'm admitting it.

Last year, before we went on our Disney Cruise, we made a one day pit stop at the magic kingdom. We had nine people there, including my two small children. We had just left Toontown and were heading to FantasyLand and most of the people in our group were in front of me. I began looking frantically for my DD4. I stopped dead in my tracks and yelled to the others "where's dd4? Where's dd4". They all turned around and looked at me but they just stood there.

I was totally freaking out and getting mad that no one was moving to help me look. Did they not realize how big this place is and how small she is and how fast she could be lost or taken??? I again shouted "where's dd4?" Nothing.

I turned around to go back to Toontown to look for her myself. I had taken about 3 steps when I heard my sister call my name. I turned back around, thinking of how much time had passed and all that could have happened in that time span and yelled with much exasperation "WHAT?" My sister then pointed her finger at me and said...

"you're holding her."

And I was. When I got home and told other people in my family the story, they asked me if I was embarrassed. I told them "no, I was relieved." :crazy:

MK, last October, as we entered the park in the morning, a mom was saying to a little girl about 5 or 6: "You're dining with me tonight. I will be your character for the evening."

Cosmic Rays, crowded at lunch time last October...I went to hold a table and hubby ordered our food. An older couple was sitting at the table next to us and the man looked like he had just about had it...I heard him tell his wife as they stood up to go, "This may be the happiest place on earth, but I ain't feelin' it." I thought it was funny until I saw her face...she looked so sad, I still feel sad for her when I think about it. I wonder if she got to enjoy her trip at all or if he was Mr. Sour Patch the whole time.

Hubby, on the way back to the table with the food heard this exchange: "Jimmy, stop touching your sister." "Ryan, be careful, don't spill that!" "Jimmy, quit it." "GET YOUR HANDS OUT OF THAT TRASH CAN!"

Sara

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: with tears :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Out of all these posts, THIS IS the ONE which made me laugh till I cried!! This has been me on several occasions so I sympothize, but it's still funny!

JKMJ441724 said:
Not sure if this qualifies for a dumb thing said...or a dumb thing done (probably both). And frankly I can't believe that I'm admitting it.
Last year, before we went on our Disney Cruise, we made a one day pit stop at the magic kingdom. We had nine people there, including my two small children. We had just left Toontown and were heading to FantasyLand and most of the people in our group were in front of me. I began looking frantically for my DD4. I stopped dead in my tracks and yelled to the others "where's dd4? Where's dd4". They all turned around and looked at me but they just stood there. I was totally freaking out and getting mad that no one was moving to help me look. Did they not realize how big this place is and how small she is and how fast she could be lost or taken??? I again shouted "where's dd4?" Nothing. I turned around to go back to Toontown to look for her myself. I had taken about 3 steps when I heard my sister call my name. I turned back around, thinking of how much time had passed and all that could have happened in that time span and yelled with much exasperation "WHAT?" My sister then pointed her finger at me and said...
"you're holding her."
And I was. When I got home and told other people in my family the story, they asked me if I was embarrassed. I told them "no, I was relieved." :crazy:

Kevenswife2 said:
Out of all these posts, THIS IS the ONE which made me laugh till I cried!!

You should have seen it in person - it was HILARIOUS!!!!! We just stood there and looked at her because we thought - "she can't be serious" but she was. We still laugh about it!!!

BTW - I'm her sister. :)

A couple years ago we were at WS in Epcot, we were walking by the Canada pavillion. I walked by a family, their youngest son turned to his mom and said, "Mommy, isn't Canada a state?" I couldn't help but laugh.

kellyb2000 said:
You should have seen it in person - it was HILARIOUS!!!!! We just stood there and looked at her because we thought - "she can't be serious" but she was. We still laugh about it!!!

BTW - I'm her sister. :)

This is so funny but I had one more question? Does she always call your niece DD4? or does she have a regular name too! :thumbsup2

Overheard at Blizzard Beach on last trip: "Why are they playing all this Chrismas music in June?" I almost spoke up and explained that it went along with the theme of being a snowy ski resort and then I thought why waste my breath.

DW overheard at Epcot as we were waiting in line at rope drop: Two men (looked like college professors)were talking about how the parks were so much dirtier than in the past and the older 50 something man says "It's because the type of people that they are letting in has really gotten bad." DW said he had the worst body oder she had smelled all week!

we were at typhoon lagoon our first day in the world back in july. it was lunch time and we were holding a table near the food stand, because it was extremely crowded that day and our parents were in line to get the food, so we figured they'd be here soon. anyway, there was a girl sitting next to us at another table who was holding it for her family as well. this older couple comes up to her holding their food and says "are you holding this table?" the girl says yes, and the woman says "well, you're not allowed to save tables, you know!" the girl just shrugs and continues to sit there. (my sister and i are staring at each other laughing that the lady made up something so silly) the lady gets really poed and tells her husband that she's just going to sit down on the ground next to the garbage can because they couldn't find a table and she actually did!

the best part was that there were about 6 other people holding tables (including my sister and i) but they didn't say a word to them. i guess that girl looked very intimidatable. :confused3

I have heard more than one child say something along these lines in WDW.

"You never let me go anywhere I want" Right, WDW is nowhere. :rotfl2:

"You never let me do anything I want" You are standing in the line for the ride you want. :rotfl2:

I have heard both of these waiting in the lines for a ride. Gee, when I was younger I wish that I could just go to WDW. I only got to go once till I was older. Those are as bad as the 7 or 8 year old screaming in the parking lot the day after Christmas. "You never let me have any toys" Okayyyy, the day after Christmas. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter