Future Cruise Credit question

sjuncfan

Mouseketeer
If I book two cruises with a future cruise credit, and then cancel the second one after I take the first one, what happens to the remaining credit? Is it refunded or lost?

You can move it to another cruise before it expires in September, 2022.

Right. What about this scenario (numbers fudged to make it easy): We have $7000 in future cruise credit from a cruise that we paid ~$6200 in 2020. We are considering booking a cruise for $5000 in January 2022, so the remaining $2000 of the FCC will be OBC for that cruise (and if we don't use it all, it's gone after the cruise). Instead of having the $2000 as OBC, we use it to book a second cruise for August. Then let's say in March our summer plans change and we decide to cancel the August cruise and won't cruise again before September 2022. Can we get a refund for the remaining credit? It would be like $1200 - the original $6200 minus the $5000 we spent on the first cruise.

Does that make sense?

My understanding is that you are entitled to a refund of any payments made for cruises that Disney Cruise canceled, but that additional funds that DCL provided cannot be refunded, only used towards payments made to DCL (for fares, onboard activities, excursions, etc.).

So in your scenario, you paid $6200 and DCL provided another $800 in future cruise credit good toward another cruise. $5000 of that payment is being applied to the January 2022 cruise. If you use the remaining $2000 toward another cruise and then cancel that cruise after taking the first cruise, you will get a refund of the $1200 that you have actually paid. You would not get a refund of the $800 provided as future cruise credit, because you can't get a refund of money you didn't spend.

I am not sure how it would work if you cancel the 2nd cruise before taking the first cruise. You would get a refund of the $1200 that you paid, but I don't know whether the $800 FCC could be moved to the first cruise as onboard credit, or if once applied to a cruise it must stay with that cruise or a later cruise.

If my understanding of what is refundable is incorrect, I'm sure someone will correct me.

I am not sure how it would work if you cancel the 2nd cruise before taking the first cruise. You would get a refund of the $1200 that you paid, but I don't know whether the $800 FCC could be moved to the first cruise as onboard credit, or if once applied to a cruise it must stay with that cruise or a later cruise.

Thanks for the long response. I think you said what I was thinking. My guess is if we cancel the summer cruise before we sail in January, it all goes back to being OBC on the January cruise.

I had $4000 in cancelled cruise fare plus $1000 in extra FCC. The new cruise I booked was $3500. My extra $500 in original cruise fare turned into FCC. There was no partial refund. So, I have my doubts about getting the original partial payment refunded AFTER going on your first cruise.

My impressions after talking at DCL at length, was all or nothing. Use it all or refund it all. My choice. I would call DCL and ask them. Maybe things have changed since I talked to them.

Can it be used for Palo and the SPA?
Future Cruise Credit turns into onboard credit once you're on a cruise. That credit can be used for anything charged to your onboard account, including Palo and Spa visits as well as photos, shop purchases, and excursions (but not future cruise bookings, since those aren't actually charged to your room).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter