• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Future Swap Ideas

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Ok, here are the ideas I batted around to StitchIsOurHero the other day...
I thought about hosting at least one of them (that is now another one of my addictions!).... wouldn't be due until August/Sept.. probably more like Sept. since most of us have kids to get ready to go back to school in August and vacations....but anyway,

My ideas were to have a swap for all the parks... for the Meet and Greets..
Diamond Horseshoe, Camp Mickey and Minnie, Judge's Tent, the other tent in Toontown (can't think of it off the top of my head).. the one in Epcot (I didn't even know about it til the other day.. We meet all our characters up front where the dividers are before Mission Space).. I'm sure a loser for missing those greets.. :(

Another idea (more from my kids) were to do the musicals.. Lion King, Pocahontas, for all 4 parks again...

What about a picnic theme? Zoo theme?

Do you think there would be any interest??? :confused3

Okay! Here are the ideas...

Meet and Greets: all 4 parks
Musicals: all 4 parks
Picnic
Zoo
Dining (general eating)
Weinie Swap...
Holiday/Disney Swap
Holiday: July 4th, Valentine's and the like
Hidden Mickeys
Season
Event Swap: Birthday/Mother's Day/Father's Day
Disney Events: Flower/Garden, MVMCP, etc
Disney's extinct but LOVED rides
Ribbon only swap
Card Swap
Grosgrain Ribbon Swap
Altered paperclips
Altered popcicle sticks
matchbooks

SWAPS OPEN NOW:
Resort ~~~ Hosted by Bigsis1970 5/19 ~~
Disney Couples/Pair Swap ~~ Hosted by Ohana 4 5/27 ~~

SWAPS CLOSED BUT ACTIVE AS OF 5/19
Newbie MGM ~~ Hosted by StitchIsOurHero **Due 6/24 ~~
Newbie Epcot ~~ Hosted by PrincessNancy96 **Due 6/30 ~~
MK- Ride Swap ~~ Hosted by StitchIsOurHero **Due 7/20 ~~
MK- Land Swap ~~ Hosted by PrincessNancy96 **Due 7/20 ~~
Disney Couples Swap ~~ Hosted by KAMommy **Due 8/16 ~~
Disney Pair Swap ~~ Hosted by KAMommy ** Due 8/26 ~~
Happiest Celebration on Earth Swap ~~ Hosted by MyLittlePiglet ~~

Hi Nancy! You know I'm in for the swaps! :thumbsup2 I would be willing to host one (you know I'm addicted to that, too! :sunny: )--like maybe one of us could host the character meet and greet and one could do the musicals?

Would anyone be interested? Or, if you're sick of us hosting (or me hosting for that matter) or if someone else wants to do it, that's ok, too! Swapping Addicts Unite! :lmao:

StitchIsOurHero said:
Hi Nancy! You know I'm in for the swaps! :thumbsup2 I would be willing to host one (you know I'm addicted to that, too! :sunny: )--like maybe one of us could host the character meet and greet and one could do the musicals?

Would anyone be interested? Or, if you're sick of us hosting (or me hosting for that matter) or if someone else wants to do it, that's ok, too! Swapping Addicts Unite! :lmao:

I'd be happy to take one.. or you take one.. or someone else volunteer.. They may be sick of us and just not telling us.. I sure hope not...

I'm so into this swapping stuff.. It's a major stress reliever for me.. MY kids have no volunteered to help me load the car with my scrapbooking supplies to keep me occupied.. or they'll ask.. so where are we going.. JoAnn's or Michaels? LOL

How about a dining swap. Not restaurant specific, just things that would work for all eating (DH's idea).

We could also do a weinie swap. OKAY - that is NOT dirty. Walt called the central focal point in each park a weinie (he might have been just a little nuts... ;) ). Anyway, we could do four groups, with each group doing the weinie for each park - the Castle, the Tree of Life, the the Epcot Ball, and the Hat.

I would be willing to try hosting if we are talking August or September...I will have a couple of these under my belt by then.

PrincessNancy96 said:
I'd be happy to take one.. or you take one.. or someone else volunteer.. They may be sick of us and just not telling us.. I sure hope not...

I'm so into this swapping stuff.. It's a major stress reliever for me.. MY kids have no volunteered to help me load the car with my scrapbooking supplies to keep me occupied.. or they'll ask.. so where are we going.. JoAnn's or Michaels? LOL

I know what you mean about a stress reliever! Now that I'm not coaching, it gives me something exciting to focus on--plus it's "me" time! :thumbsup2

Of course they're not sick of us, though--we're cool people! :rotfl2:

ETA: KAMommy, our posts ran over the top of each other. . .eerily similar to the way we talk! :lmao: I like the dining idea, too! So many swap ideas, so little time! :teeth:

Hi guys :thumbsup2
I'm in for any swap :blush: those ideas are great. :yay: :yay:
I can help you too if you need me :teeth: also, how about Christmas o Holidays Disney swap.
:confused3

Thank You.

KAMommy said:
How about a dining swap. Not restaurant specific, just things that would work for all eating (DH's idea).

We could also do a weinie swap. OKAY - that is NOT dirty. Walt called the central focal point in each park a weinie (he might have been just a little nuts... ;) ). Anyway, we could do four groups, with each group doing the weinie for each park - the Castle, the Tree of Life, the the Epcot Ball, and the Hat.

I would be willing to try hosting if we are talking August or September...I will have a couple of these under my belt by then.

OOOH!! That is an idea.. I like that.. but I'm glad you clarified Weinie for us!!! :lmao:

Great ideas PixieDust!!!!

OmG! We need to keep a list... I'll have to start a list for us... and well add to it...

Ooh! I like the holiday-related Disney stuff, too! I have toyed with the idea of using "Disney" stuff (characters, etc.) to decorate our family album (not a vacation one), and the holiday stuff would work well!

These are all such great ideas! :cool1:

I love the holiday idea.

I am going (I hope) to the MNSSHP this year - how about Halloween stuff, Disney or not?

My family album is sooooo far behind.

I prefer the swaps where you make three elements because then you can have a completed page.

My ideas

Holiday
season themes (Winter - skiing, sledding, snow days etc)
Birthday

I'd love to try hosting one once I get moved this summer.

Now for ideas. I was thinking of one that was Disney related but that one thing you always seem to need something for but its not really a swap by itslef item. Hmm when I was thinking that in my head it made alot of sense. Does everyone know what I mean? Im sure that if you are needing items for it then others probably are too. One example would be Hidden Mickeys (the people in my CJ know that I have a new found interest in these) or possible a certain floral area or something that you always take pictures of.

I also love the Holiday at Disney or general Holiday themes.

How about a swap that includes various Events such as the Flower and Garden Show, the Food and Wine event in the fall, etc...........that could also include the MNSSHP, etc.

I would also love to do a holiday swap......I've got tons of WDW holidays photos including all the Epcot Storytellers, resort decorations, park holiday events, and all the park decorations.

I would also love to do a resort swap. Even though I haven't stayed at all the resorts, I've photographed them all and would love to include them in albums.

YodasMom said:
I would also love to do a resort swap. Even though I haven't stayed at all the resorts, I've photographed them all and would love to include them in albums.

I'd go for this one. I hope to one day stay at them all and this would give me something to work for.

I loved the color swap that just ended. The pieces were generic but absolutely beautiful. I could very easily dress up any of the pieces for a specific theme by adding a bit to the embellishments. I'd love ot see another of those.

How about the seasons? We all have pictures that go with them, and they can be Disney or non-disney pictures.

On the Disney theme, it's been a bit since there was a character swap, hasn't it? Or did I just miss that one? :confused3:

I've also really, really enjoyed the embellishment swaps. SOOOO many people signed up for the last one, I can't begin to imagine how Twingle3 is managing to keep organized on that one. The swap just got larger and larger.

I'm also becoming a member of the swapping addicts. :teeth: I love swapping, especially Disney stuff. I'm up for most any kind of swap, I will have to think of some ideas. :)

patchchild said:
On the Disney theme, it's been a bit since there was a character swap, hasn't it? Or did I just miss that one? :confused3:

You did just miss one. Real Mickey's Girl is hosting one due in May. I really loved that one and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I like a lot of the ideas above, and I'd definitely be up for hosting as well. It sounds like we have enough ideas there to keep us working on swaps for a long time to come. I like how it's set up now - the swaps so far have pretty much been a month apart. I wouldn't want to see too many stack up at once and make me choose between them. I want to be able to do them all!

I like the early sign ups that give you a chance to really work on your ideas and not be rushed to get them done...

I've got a cool idea for my frontierland journal boxes and I can't get my new sizzix dies here quick enough to test them out... Hello? Could someone rush the UPS man here with my goodies???

We had also discussed having a swap on "other disney" such as downtown disney, disneyquest, blizzard beach, typhoon lagoon, mini golf, fort wilderness, etc.

Is anyone still interested in that? Not sure how to divvy it up yet.

I would like to see another card swap and seasonal swaps like we have done before and event swaps such as mothers day, fathers day, birthdays, etc.

How about a ribbon only swap?

I would gladly hostess again--as soon as school is out! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter