• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Future Swap Ideas

ksjayhawks said:
We had also discussed having a swap on "other disney" such as downtown disney, disneyquest, blizzard beach, typhoon lagoon, mini golf, fort wilderness, etc.

Is anyone still interested in that? Not sure how to divvy it up yet.

I would like to see another card swap and seasonal swaps like we have done before and event swaps such as mothers day, fathers day, birthdays, etc.

How about a ribbon only swap?

I would gladly hostess again--as soon as school is out! :cool1:

The "other Disney" would be great!!! Maybe we could give a list of requests and each person chose from that (similiar to the land).. or maybe a group for each thing..and you'd only get that group.. Like Blizzard Beach..all those who wanted in that group would chose and element... We've only done Downtown Disney... off to add more to my list for our next vacation!!!!

I would definitely like to be in a Meet & Greet swap and the Disney Holiday's swap. Of course that's only if they are also "newbie" swaps. :teeth:

I meant to add these to my list above:

I'd love to do a Dining swap, too,.........I missed the one that was just done.

Being a veteran Disney nut, I'd LOVE to do an "extinct" or retired Disney attraction swap (using attractions such as World of Motion, Horizons, the Old World of Imagination, Skyway tram from MK, 20,00 Leagues, Mr. Toad's Wild Adventure, etc, etc). I've got so many photos for those attractions...........don't know if I'm the only one, but........... :listen:

Now if we could do a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride swap my DH would be in heaven. He loved that ride at WDW, but that ride also does get me to DL every 5-7 years!!!!

Love the seasons, Disney Holidays, and retired attractions. You could also do a calendar swap, 12 people in a group making 2 elements for each month. This could coordinate with the holiday and/or season swaps.

Bit of advice, if I did another land swap I would switch it to be each group would be a land the you pick your element.
Example - Adventure land (written by hostess) BernardandMissBianca (filled in by swapper) library tags( filled in by swapper)
This way we don't have 5 adventureland elements in one group and no fantasylands. Ya know?!

I think it's time to revisit the swaps calendar for an update. We could put the ideas down there and as people volunteer to host or come up with ideas someone could put it down after seeing if there is interest.

Example:
Retired attractions swap -
Hosted by XXX
due date August 25

This would be especially helpful for far off swaps like a Christmas/Kwanzaa/ Hanukkah swap.

Just thinking out loud and rambling. The voices in my head are loud today! :lmao:

LOL!!!

Well, at least I know for next time!!!!

Clarity..haven't had much of that around my house lately!!
Ok, are you at Walmart yet????
Kids are getting off the school bus as we speak.. my playtime is done for now!

I love all of the swap ideas! Can we do them all? Can we? Can we?

Say it with me, "My name is ____________, and I am addicted to swaps!" :teeth: I see nothing wrong with this ! :confused3

So, which one(s) are we going to do first??? :yay:

These all sound great and I am down for any swaps, how about some that can include Disneyland as well? I don't go to WDW and won't until 2008 :sad2:, I hate missing out on all the fun. Plus, you guys are getting me scrapping again (i buy and buy and then it sits cos I am pooped! LOL)

Just me .02...

:cloud9:

StitchIsOurHero said:
I love all of the swap ideas! Can we do them all? Can we? Can we?

Say it with me, "My name is ____________, and I am addicted to swaps!" :teeth: I see nothing wrong with this ! :confused3

So, which one(s) are we going to do first??? :yay:

I'll go!!!

My name is Nancy, and I am addicted to swaps! I will not stop!!!!

potterphreak said:
These all sound great and I am down for any swaps, how about some that can include Disneyland as well? I don't go to WDW and won't until 2008 :sad2:, I hate missing out on all the fun. Plus, you guys are getting me scrapping again (i buy and buy and then it sits cos I am pooped! LOL)

Just me .02...

:cloud9:

I've you have any suggestions for Disneyland, I'd include them..and I'm sure the others would too... I haven't been to Disneyland so I have no clue what I would expect there.

I would like to suggest a Happiest Celebration on Earth theme swap. It has been a disney theme for a year plus now and will be so awhile longer. Would this interest anyone else?

would anyone be interested in a stampin up grosgrain ribbon swap? I love that ribbon, but can't afford all the colors. You get 25 yds for 5.95 plus sh/hand and tax. There are 25 colors. I could host, but it would be after school's out.

i might be interested where do you purchase this? online? stores? i love ribbon and am wanting to add much more to my small supply of it.

MyLittlePiglet said:
I would like to suggest a Happiest Celebration on Earth theme swap. It has been a disney theme for a year plus now and will be so awhile longer. Would this interest anyone else?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO interested in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sign me up MyLittlePiglet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know what I would do for this but I am super excited! LOL :Pinkbounc :banana:

potterphreak said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO interested in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sign me up MyLittlePiglet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know what I would do for this but I am super excited! LOL :Pinkbounc :banana:
Me too, and this would work for WDW or DL.

too late for me to chime in? i don't have as much time for scrapping as i'd like; but i just got a major project under my belt for this year and won't have to be busy with next year's event for a few months and with summer, well i'd love to swap some during summer :) i can never seem to get in the cruise swaps in time, i'm still working on our last cruise and we are cruising again in a year. I loved the idea of the color swap too, i missed that one but i'd be game. i'm sooooo very far behind in my general family stuff that anything seasonal or event related i would be interested in -- and embelishment swaps i loved that goodie pack!

how about pets? we have two dogs and lots of doggie pictures -- my DD shows at AKC shows too but just general dog would be fun

OOH! A pet swap! I'd be all over that idea! DH & I don't have kids (we like them, we just don't have them). We have "furry" children (2 cats & 3 dogs). I'd LOVE, LOVE to have pet items! :dog: :dog2: :dog: :cat: :cat:

I'm SLIGHTLY interested in that. . .can you tell?? :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter