• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Future Swap Ideas

pets would be great! my two cats would love the chance to have more attention focused on them. spoiled as they are though, that might get dangerous.

Well, considering the fact that we spent almost three hours at a Pet Photographer's studio two days ago, my dogs would love to have more scrapbooking space and time for themselves........What a riot! I would love a pet swap. Maybe if we do, we could divide the groups into pet catagories since dog owners might not need any cat elements and vice versa..........and people with both cats and dogs or other animals could enter each group.
:dog2: :dog: :yoda: 's Mom

YodasMom--that sounds great! We could even have a miscellaneous pet group as well as dogs and cats (just in case someone has an iguana or a bird or something! :thumbsup2 )

ok i'm still thinking about this pet swap too :) how about also swapping things for the pet you don't have? there has been times when I have passed up buying a sticker/embellishment sheet b/c it has both dogs and cats on it. if anyone else finds themselves in that position and wants the cats stuff, we could swap out our unused sections?

in my house we have dogs and hamsters and yes my children take pictures of the hammies too :teeth:

I'd be in for a pet swap. I have a dog. And to whomever says about the other pet stuff as far as stickers having both cat and dog. I have a few things, not much but.... Would be glad to unload them to a cat owner!

KAMommy said:
Do husbands count as pets? :rotfl2:

I would love a pet swap. I have 2 labs now, and my sweet baby passed several years ago, and I would love to do a book for him...if I can see through all my tears... :guilty:

KAMommy said:
Do husbands count as pets? :rotfl2:

Um, well, Ummmmm, I have worked too long on this DH to go swappin him now.... :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

I have my DH trained pretty well too.. althought there are times I'd swap him... especially when he doesn't listen..

Okay, I would like to see some Disneyland specific swaps:

50th anniversary-I saw the Happiest Celebration, but I was too late, AND, I have two problems with it... I won't be able to get to WDW during the celebration, so I'd like it to be Disneyland specific, and I wasn't sure about the organization of it...how I would have worked that one. I've already been in one 50th anniversary swap, would like to be in another, I have an idea for gold painted slide mounts (and trust me, they look GOOD), OR, gold shaker boxes. I ran out of blue metallic paper to do mine in, though if I could find more, I would most certainly do shaker boxes. I got some really perfect stickers at DL for such a swap. So I'd prefer an element type swap for the 50th anniversary... I MIGHT be persuaded into hostessing, if I could cross post it to two Yahoo groups, Tracy Henry's Nutz4DisneySwapping, and Sue Benner and Michelle Figueria's DisneyDemocracy (oops, I hope I didn't just violate some TOS I forgot about!) As I'm pregnant, and due in Sept, hostessing swaps has NOT been a good thing for me as of late, so I've been refraining from it. However, if I were to keep the swap small, that would be fine, say 10 participants... if I could even get that many to sign up! The swap I'm in only had 8 signups. It's not back yet, we're waiting on one person to finish up her library pockets and tags. so I don't know how it'll all work into my book. The other thing I could do is a small kit swap, where you'd pick a theme or character (like I'd just pick a 50th anniversary theme, but you could pick Mickey, or Minnie, or Goofy,or the current fireworks etc.) and then make a kit to put either general 50th pics or photos of that 50th character in their 50th anniversay dress... I would think either way would work well... but the kits, as always, should be more "usuable" since they'd be designed to work as a 1 or 2 page layout. I'd keep it to groups of 5 at most, I would think... maybe a total of 2 or 3 groups (assuming I even had that much interest!) Or, as a final thought, a Bazzill swap, so everything would coordinate, but it'd still work as an element swap. I hate working with Bazzill, and I know some people feel it fades, but it DOES look lovely, and it does make sure everything coordinates. I have to run it through my wishblade 4 times though to get a complete cut, and that is annoying.

I manage to get to Disneyland a few times every year, but I only get to WDW once every 2-4 years, so I would just LOVE to have a DL only swap, with rides and attractions specific to Disneyland, like the above mentioned Mr Toad's wild ride, or the DL Tiki Room, or Indiana Jones, etc... so it could be VERY specific instead of having to be generally for that ride... like it could be Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters instead of having to be JUST Buzz Lightyear.

And I'm always up for a character swap... always. Ride swaps, too. My favorites are kit swaps and element swaps.

Well, that's all I have for now... sorry for being gone so long (if you want to see some of my work, it's under Shabree on 2peas.)

Sarah

How about a swap for tours. Even the tours that don't allow cameras give you information for later photos but I have also been on a number that I took tons of photos on.

I love the idea of tours.................as long as it's due a looooonnnnnggg time from now. There are so many due this summer. I've done a lot of tours and the only places I wasn't able to take places was in the back stage areas, but all the tours also had a lot of exposure on stage as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter