Galactic Starcruiser Sailing

All this is is a member renting their points and the rental store acting as your travel agent to manage your booking.

Its just making it easier for the owner vs, doing it on your own…but the prices are not any different than what you can get on your own if paying cash.

So, it will always require less points doing it this way vs, DVC…because trades are never going to be the best value for the points.
DVC Rental Store also advertises (here on the boards at least) that no taxes need to be paid because it's considered an equal exchange and they don't issue 1099s for the swaps. That to me sounds like a benefit versus doing it yourself, although I haven't personally looked into had factual that all is.

Werent they already doing 25% off discounts? So its just another 5% off what you can get normally?

With how much it costs another 5% is still a decent chunk of moola, but its not really a large discount over what anyone can get. And its only for that one specific set of dates.

No. It's 25% off a stay at another WDW resort AFTER the starcruiser. Starcruiser was full price.
They had (maybe still have?) an offer for up to 30% discount on points for the Galactic Starcruiser.

They had (maybe still have?) an offer for up to 30% discount on points for the Galactic Starcruiser.
Ahh, that I did not know. So if that is the case then perhaps they are doing this as 30% off points or cash and making it a DVC only sailing.

Ahh, that I did not know. So if that is the case then perhaps they are doing this as 30% off points or cash and making it a DVC only sailing.
I believe this is the case - that it's 30% cash discount and is a member-only sailing (or at least, initial sales seem to be going to members only). There seems to be talk of special end-of-voyage souvenirs as well.

Having done the Starcruiser last August, this looks like a good deal to me - it's an exceptional amount of fun, and easily the most ambitious Imagineering effort Disney has put forth in a very, very long time.

Cost is an issue for sure, but you're paying for lodging, food, a theme park ticket day, several lightning lanes, and an interactive multi-day participatory theater performance. If some or all of those things are things you don't want, then it doesn't make financial sense. But if all those things are interesting to you, I can vouch that you'll have a really good time.

I wish I had more time to try to recruit family to go with me before the sign-ups begin next week since previously you needed all names and info when you signed up. I did the inaugural one and was hoping to do it again before the experience may get watered down. This looks like it may be my best chance for that plus whatever additions (random souvenirs) they give.

I believe the published lowest price for a family of 4 is around $6,000. If that's the baseline price for this deal then the overall price would be around $4,200. Not sure if they're starting from that "lowest price" though.
Thanks! This is exactly what I came here to find out (not sure why Disney makes it so hard to price these things).
Even at 30% off (assuming that this weekend is roughly that price) I don't think I can justify it for our family, especially with school starting just a couple days before.

I am definitely fascinated with what Disney has done with this concept and the family adores the Star Wars realm, but it's really just out of reach for what I'm willing to spend on a couple of days.

I guess that's probably true for many people and why it's having the difficulty it is maintaining bookings...

No. It's 25% off a stay at another WDW resort AFTER the starcruiser. Starcruiser was full price.
Ahh I was thiisss close to being right.

Thanks! So yea not a terrible deal then if the dates work for you.

This discount takes it from a hard pass to just inside of the price range I would consider. Ran it by my husband (the real SW fan of the two of us) and to my surprise he's still in hard pass territory. He keeps going back to the 'we could take a cruise for that,' or a lot of other vacations, train of thought.

Edited to make clearer.

Last edited:
This discount takes it from a hard pass to the very top of what I would consider. Ran it by my husband (the real SW fan of the two of us) and to my surprise he's still in hard pass territory. He keeps going back to the 'we could take a cruise for that,' or a lot of other vacations, train of thought.

YOLO and nothing like this will probably ever exist again.

DVC Rental Store also advertises (here on the boards at least) that no taxes need to be paid because it's considered an equal exchange and they don't issue 1099s for the swaps. That to me sounds like a benefit versus doing it yourself, although I haven't personally looked into had factual that all is.
If they do not issu 1099, do they accept points from owners outside USA ?

Edited : from my comprehension still need to have ITIN number : https://dvcrentalstore.com/members/international/

Last edited:
If they do not issu 1099, do they accept points from owners outside USA ?

Edited : from my comprehension still need to have ITIN number : https://dvcrentalstore.com/members/international/
I believe they do. There was a thread on this at one time. I don’t have time to search at the moment, but will come back and edit if someone else doesn’t find it first.

Edit - found it. They confirm on the top of page 2 that you can do this without an ITIN.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/trade-rent-points-for-dcl-cruise.3889877/

Last edited:
YOLO and nothing like this will probably ever exist again.

Yes I wouldn't want anyone to regret not being able to experience this when it's inevitably redesigned into a mainstream hotel. Cruises leave out every week (I watch them on YouTube out of Miami - some days 7 or 8 ships are in port), but I don't think the Starcruiser is going to last much longer in its current form. So if you're interested and can afford the cost, especially with this discount - do it, because an opportunity like this may never come around again.

Yes I wouldn't want anyone to regret not being able to experience this when it's inevitably redesigned into a mainstream hotel. Cruises leave out every week (I watch them on YouTube out of Miami - some days 7 or 8 ships are in port), but I don't think the Starcruiser is going to last much longer in its current form. So if you're interested and can afford the cost, especially with this discount - do it, because an opportunity like this may never come around again.

This is my worry that when we finally slot this in the vacation line up the experience won't be the same and it will be just another hotel, although they will have to do something about the actual hotel amenities like a pool or a gym and maybe windows that have a view of the outdoors lol. But I think this is the reason we are going to try to book. It's a random queue so you may or may not get a place in the virtual queue to book depending on how popular it ends up being. Guess we will find out on Tuesday!

Well, when you rent privately, you still are required to report so IMO, 1099 or not, it’s the same, other than using them as a travel agent as well a rental agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter