Galactic Starcruiser Sailing

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
I just got an email that they might be doing a DVC member sailing sometime this year. Who would go?

I just got an email that they might be doing a DVC member sailing sometime this year. Who would go?
Curious who the email was from. "Might" doesn't sound like it would come from DVC so curious of the source.

Curious who the email was from. "Might" doesn't sound like it would come from DVC so curious of the source.
It was from Disney Destinations. In the email it said that information would be releasing sometime in the near future

I predict a LOT of discounted dates for the fall.
Disney needs to find that right price for this hotel.
Marketing will be in over drive to get people to book.
Most agree that the cost is too high but WDW has to make money if hotel is open.

I will look at the dates and price and go from there. I went on the inaugural "voyage" so if I believe it will be an enhanced experience I would want to do it. I want to see what additional info comes out.

I cannot go on a DVC members cruise, so probably I won't be allowed to this as well, as I am a lowly resale purchaser. I'd love to do this experience, being a long time roleplayer it looks like something I might greatly enjoy, but being a single traveler it's impossible to justify the cost for me. Do we expect the DVC sailing to cost more than the regular one? I don't think there would be special entertainment or guests like on a DVC cruise, so maybe the cost will be the same or even discounted?

All this is is a member renting their points and the rental store acting as your travel agent to manage your booking.

Its just making it easier for the owner vs, doing it on your own…but the prices are not any different than what you can get on your own if paying cash.

So, it will always require less points doing it this way vs, DVC…because trades are never going to be the best value for the points.

Information has been released on this. Looks like it is not book-able with points 30% off the cash price or book-able with points, which is a far better deal than I anticipated (but I have no interest still).

ETA: Email says dates are Aug 19-21.

Last edited:
Information has been released on this. Looks like it is not book-able with points, it is 30% off the cash price, which is a far better deal than I anticipated (but I have no interest still).

ETA: Email says dates are Aug 19-21.
Not bad.

Werent they already doing 25% off discounts? So its just another 5% off what you can get normally?

With how much it costs another 5% is still a decent chunk of moola, but its not really a large discount over what anyone can get. And its only for that one specific set of dates.

Werent they already doing 25% off discounts? So its just another 5% off what you can get normally?

With how much it costs another 5% is still a decent chunk of moola, but its not really a large discount over what anyone can get. And its only for that one specific set of dates.
No. It's 25% off a stay at another WDW resort AFTER the starcruiser. Starcruiser was full price.

would not go for any price, but if it were free I would still not go. Being stuck in there for 2 nights is not my idea of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter