Galactic Starcruiser - what is next for this space?

i'm a huge fan of the original trilogy, but my kids are more fans of the new trilogy. disney has to cater to both sides.

to me SGE is a swing and a miss because of that. they need to find a better way incorporate both into SGE and the hotel.
Exactly what I have said multiple times. Should try and appeal to all with something like:
2 days of PT theme
2 days is OT theme
3 days of ST or Madoverse theme mix of some kind.

Also agree, how on earth there is not a character meal with SW characters walking around? This is a guaranteed money maker.

It’s why I doubt Disney is hiring the best and the brightest people anymore. Knowledgeable people who truly care about increasing sales would have done this already.

I don’t know why in the world they’ve not had Star Wars character meals . they offered 2 in 2015 for Star Wars weekends, and they were fun. We did breakfast at the Sci fi drive in. When you entered, you took a picture with Vader and Boba Fett. Then there were stormtroopers and Jawas walking around during the meal. We also did lunch at Hollywood and Vine, characters were Jedi Mickey , Minnie, Darth Goofy, etc. so a different vibe. Both were so fun. Would love to see something like that. And speaking of Star Wars weekends, geez why can’t we have all those character meets again?!? I’d shuttle out to the Starcruiser for that!

Last edited:

I think that they're shooting for a higher level of immersion with Star Wars/Galaxy's Edge than they are with other IPs/lands. I get the idea they only want to show Star Wars characters in Star Wars settings. So, if they were going to do a character meal they wouldn't use an existing, non-Star Wars restaurant. And I'm not certain any of the table service places in Galaxy's Edge have that kind of elbow room.

Well, again, it's the reasons why people started to dislike them, which I really don't want to go into here. Solo really stands on it's own though, disconnected from the Sequels. So many people say Rogue One is their favorite Star Wars movie. They are both very much "Fan's Movies", for better or for worse (too much fan/nostalgia service can be worse in my book).

I think that's a misconception about TROS trying to "fix" TLJ. It really doesn't. Again, everything about TLJ that needed to be "fixed" was already fixed by the end of that movie. TROS just continued the trend.

Also, TROP is not the proper abbreviation nor name of that movie. Again, you don't have to like it, but come on! That's exactly the type of thing that makes people dismissive of your arguments.
I renamed it The Rise of Palpatine when I walked out of the theater before I ever heard anyone else say it. And perhaps we were supposed to think, "Ooohhh, here's a Palpatine that chose the light side how awesome." I didn't think that at all. I completely did not and still do not get why she renamed herself a Skywalker.

For a trilogy that seemed aitch ee double hockey sticks bent on wrapping up and putting the final nail in the coffin of the Skywalker saga, it was a ridiculous choice, IMO.

I don't call it that out of "spite." I call it that because that is what it truly was, IMO.

Regarding the Galactic Starcruiser: I am sad that it failed even if it wasn't in my preferred 'verse. We were working our way toward saving for it so DH could enjoy it. I hope they do something with it. I don't know why they don't make it a SW themed resort and do some character meals.

I think that they're shooting for a higher level of immersion with Star Wars/Galaxy's Edge than they are with other IPs/lands. I get the idea they only want to show Star Wars characters in Star Wars settings. So, if they were going to do a character meal they wouldn't use an existing, non-Star Wars restaurant. And I'm not certain any of the table service places in Galaxy's Edge have that kind of elbow room.
quite frankly, it should have been included when SGE was built. they can really add to SGE by adding one.

i'm a huge fan of the original trilogy, but my kids are more fans of the new trilogy. disney has to cater to both sides.

to me SGE is a swing and a miss because of that. they need to find a better way incorporate both into SGE and the hotel.
They have neglected catering to the ones who can afford the ginormous expense of going. Most of those who are into the new stuff can barely afford their stanley cups and starbucks. It is the parents and grandparents who can afford the trips and the majority of them are into the legacy SW.

They have neglected catering to the ones who can afford the ginormous expense of going. Most of those who are into the new stuff can barely afford their stanley cups and starbucks. It is the parents and grandparents who can afford the trips and the majority of them are into the legacy SW.
Ding ding ding, you get it.

Don’t understand how the brainiacs running Disney did not see this. Any common market study would have provided them this data.

Here is my guess. At the time all this was being decided on, TFA had done really well and they thought they had superstars in the making with the new cast members. Then TLJ happened and the backlash was so severe that it changed everything. It was likely too late by then to make changes that significant.

there are a lot of us that can afford it, but refuse to spend that amount of money for what was offered.

there are a lot of us that can afford it, but refuse to spend that amount of money for what was offered.

Yeah, I think they are seriously overestimating the number of people who could actually afford it who also care if it is based on the OT or not. The majority of people in general don't have strong feelings about that one way or the other. People just didn't want to pay for a very expensive role-playing session with few of the typical resort amenities.

I have a strongly held opinion about license agreements and conservation of income from intellectual property. The sequel trilogy is wholly Disney's IP. I am not surprised that Disney would choose to exclusively feature periods within the timeline that was created after their galactic acquisition. Like Hondo, Disney has long leveraged maximum profit for their perfectly legitimate business enterprise! :cutie:

I think the person you quoted is saying the expense of Disney as a whole, not so much the Cruiser. Meaning, if they want to make more money from Star Wars, appeal to those who can afford the ticket cost of Disney. At least that is how I understood it.

Don’t understand how the brainiacs running Disney did not see this. Any common market study would have provided them this data.

They were more focused on killing off the legacy characters so they no longer had to pay those royalties to Lucas. How is that working out for their bottom line? I truly wonder if they would have kept Luke, Leia, 3PM, R2, Han, etc if they would have come out on top even after paying the royalties??

I think the person you quoted is saying the expense of Disney as a whole, not so much the Cruiser. Meaning, if they want to make more money from Star Wars, appeal to those who can afford the ticket cost of Disney. At least that is how I understood it.

Yeah, that is what I meant to imply. Sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers.

They were more focused on killing off the legacy characters so they no longer had to pay those royalties to Lucas. How is that working out for their bottom line? I truly wonder if they would have kept Luke, Leia, 3PM, R2, Han, etc if they would have come out on top even after paying the royalties??

This is a myth. Disney does not pay George Lucas any royalties. He was paid for the property as a whole in cash and stock, which he retians. He is actually one of the largest individual shareholder of Disney.

This is a myth. Disney does not pay George Lucas any royalties. He was paid for the property as a whole in cash and stock, which he retians. He is actually one of the largest individual shareholder of Disney.
There are interviews, reports and more that state otherwise.

there are a lot of us that can afford it, but refuse to spend that amount of money for what was offered.refuse

As threads like these show over and over and over again, the vast majority of people were, and still are, very confused about what was being offered.

As threads like these show over and over and over again, the vast majority of people were, and still are, very confused about what was being offered.
Yeah, I’m still stuck on the lack resort amenities argument. It would be like wanting a pool at a Taylor Swift concert. Or a gym at Cedar Point. There are other things going on, I guarantee those are not necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter