Galentine's Day

Don't know why I care and I really don't. That's why I posted. I guess because I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. Of course people can celebrate however they want. I just found it weird how hard they are pushing gifts for Galentine's Day this year. If people enjoy the day then no worries. No offense meant to anyone!
It sounds like what’s bothering you isn’t the day; rather, it’s the commercialization. Which is understandable, but is also just everything now “real” holidays or made-up.

I'm shocked so many have never heard of this! Not that I'm proud for knowing about it, but I thought it was fairly common knowledge....
I’d never heard of it until today. I’ve never watched Parks and Recreation.

Why are people complaining about “Galentines Day” which was created by a tv show, when “festivus” is a thing and was also created by a tv show?
Exactly. I know about Festivus because I’m a big Seinfeld fan, and my family jokes about it all the time. But I wouldn’t expect someone who doesn’t watch the show to be familiar with it.

As for Galentine’s Day, I say, why not? Sounds like fun. I get together with a few of my old friends (also female like me, though I don’t refer to them as girlfriends) at least once a month, without our men. No special day or gifts, but we have a good time.

Why are people complaining about “Galentines Day” which was created by a tv show, when “festivus” is a thing and was also created by a tv show?
Nobody actually seriously celebrates Festivus though. It's taken for the joke it always was.

Same way I take Galentine's day. Once I saw the actor playing Frank Beckerson, I knew it was going to be raunchily hilarious.

I'm shocked so many have never heard of this! Not that I'm proud for knowing about it, but I thought it was fairly common knowledge....
Not sure where I would have heard about it? I don't do a lot of social media, Instagram, TikTok, etc. Not part of my social group in real life either.

Alright, alright....I must have just been cranky last night. Carry on with your Galentine's celebrations. Not that you need my permission of course!

• Haha
Reactions: GAN
Is it similar to Friendsgiving? Because I do celebrate that with my girlfriends every year. At Christmas time we drop off small gifts at each other’s homes (ornaments, fuzzy socks, cookies…). Most of us are also happily married.
Similar only in that it’s a newish spin on a long standing holiday. I don’t do a Friendsgiving, but my DD27 has been doing it since college. First, celebrating with her college group before they all headed home for the holiday. Then with her and her bf now DH’s group of friends in their new city. And now that they have moved back to their hometown with a mix of lifelong and newer friends the Sunday at the start of Thanksgiving week.

I’m a pretty regular Saturday morning girl’s brunch person so maybe that’s why I easily embraced naming one.

What's not to like? A celebration of female friendship and a nod to one of my all-time favorite TV shows.
200w.gif

I am having 12 of my girlfriends over for brunch on the Sunday before Valentine's Day. I called it Galentine's Day in the invite. I asked everybody to wear pink or red. I will serve, among other things, heart shaped waffles and and a pink girly drink. I'm planning to have a small gift for them to take home such as lavendar shower steamers and a face mask. Something self-indulgent.

Looking forward to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter