Gallbladder Support Thread. Leave Your Fatty Food at the Door.

phorsenuf said:
Virgo10 said:
You know, I went on a diet back in April. In 6 months I lost 14 pounds. Then in October I had my first attack and went on this stupid diet. In the past 9 weeks I've lost 17 pounds. :scared1: I should publish this diet for those who want a quick weight loss. :teeth:

QUOTE]

Please do! LOL

You asked for it :teeth:

Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 and sugar. I go easy on the 1/2 and 1/2.

Breakfast:
1 or 2 slices white bread toasted. NO margarine or butter but jelly is OK
8 ounces of Gatorade.

Lunch:
Par boiled rice made with chicken broth. Actually I use water and add either the bullion cubes or granules. Serving size is about a cup of cooked rice.
1 large nuked potato. Do NOT eat the skin. I add NO Fat margarine to the potato. The Promise no fat spread is good.
Animal Crackers. As many as I want.

Mid Afternoon: More Gatorade.

Supper:
A cup or so of the cooked rice.
1/3 boiled boneless, skinless chicken breast.
Green beans or carrots.
2 slices of Bread with Promise no fat spread.

Dessert:
Bowl of frozen yogurt. My personal favorite is Blue Bunny Brownie Fudge Fantasy. It has NO Fat in it.

Nighttime snack:
Jello with No fat cool whip.
Animal Crackers.

Honestly, this is what I have been eating for the past 9 weeks! The weight is just peeling off me. I've been losing between 1 and 4 pounds a week. Although I'm tired a lot, my energy level is still pretty good and I feel so much better now that I've lost 31 pounds. :thumbsup2

I drink water all day long and occasionally add another glass of Gatorade as well. For someone who didn't have gallbladder concerns, you could certainly add fruits and veggies galore to this and still probably lose weight consistently.

mom+3girls said:
I will be having my surgery on Wed Dec 6, not looking forward to it. But I hope the pain in my stomach ends with this surgery.

My attacks are weird to, I love spicy food that doesn't seem to bother me, but give me any type of beef and I am dying, I have also decided that my gallbladder does not like Italian food, one piece of pizza the other night I was on the couch in horrible pain for several hours. Sometimes mine likes salad and sometimes it doesn't. I would love to have a nice big salad and a nice big juicy steak cooked medium rare. :)

Gook luck tomorrow. You will be glad that you had it done. I am feeling great.

Virgo10 said:
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! I'm going to see a surgeon, also tomorrow.

You're a lot braver than I am. I have been eating the same 9 things for the past 9 weeks. I'm on as close to a no fat diet as you can get. I added carrots last night so now I'm up to 10 things. Whoopee. :rolleyes:

The surgeon's office told me they were booking operations into the beginning of the new year so it looks like I'll be holding on to my GB for at least a few more weeks.

You know, I went on a diet back in April. In 6 months I lost 14 pounds. Then in October I had my first attack and went on this stupid diet. In the past 9 weeks I've lost 17 pounds. :scared1: I should publish this diet for those who want a quick weight loss. :teeth:

Once again... GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! Let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it.

Virgo10-good luck to you also. Hopefully you can have your surgery done soon. I am so glad that I had mine done. I was so worried about it and it was easy. The hernia repair is what bothered me the most.

one thing I want to suggest is earth balance soy butter it does not have much fat.

DISNEYLOVER70 said:
That was worse than labor pain.
Exactly my thought and they way that I described my first symtoms to the ER doctor two weeks ago. I had these horrible contraction-like cramps for two days until I just couldn't take it anymore. Lamaze breathing helped though. Plus, after the first day, I couldn't keep anything in my stomach...not even water. So, 7AM on a Monday morning I went to the ER and was dehydrated (nah, ya think?) They gave me a CT scan and all they found was was a few stones in my gallbladder. But, they didn't do the surgery right then (they wanted to be cautious and make sure that was my problem). I've had two attacks since, but different than the first. These are not like contraction, but constant pain like someone is grabbing me and won't let go. One was when I ate tamales (stupid huh?) and the second was after a salad. Talk about two extremes!!!

I've since switched to a very non-fat diet and seem to be okay. I'm just getting tired of low-fat turkey and non-fat cheese sandwiches on wheat bread. The bad thing is (or maybe it's the selfish thing), we're going to WDW for 3 days and then a 4 day DCL cruise over Christmas and I don't want to do anything about it until January. I just hope there's things that I can eat on the cruise that won't have me writhing in agony for an hour or so...

I saw the surgeon this morning. She was very pleasant and informative. I took a shot and told her how apprehensive I was about leaving my husband alone. He has moderate to severe Parkinsons Disease and some days he really should not be alone. His son is coming down for a visit next week and after telling her this she said she thought there might be an opening on Friday the 15th. And there was!!

This has taken a huge weight off of my shoulders. Now the husband will have someone with him and I'll have people here for a few days that can run errands. What a relief!

The only negative side of today was the mix up in the surgeon getting my records from the primary care doctor. I had requested records from when I had my thyroid removed back in 2000. There were problems with that operation and for a while they thought I might have had a heart attack. It turned out that wasn't what happened but I never did find out what it was. Getting the records from that surgery was always something I meant to do but just never got around to doing. What ever the problem was, it's something I want the surgeon doing this operation to know about.

I had requested the records before I even knew who the surgeon was so I had them sent to the Primary care doctor. I figured he could send them to the surgeon. Wrong! With all the privacy laws in effect now, they can't send records from another doctor. Good grief. However I can go pick them up myself and get them to the surgeon. What a runaround! :mad: I'll be doing that tomorrow morning.

So a week from Friday is my date. That's really good because I'm a worry wart and this gives me less time to dwell on it.

So a week from Friday is my date. That's really good because I'm a worry wart and this gives me less time to dwell on it.

You will be so glad to have it done. I worried so much about my surgery, I am afraid of anethesia.

Well everyone, I am up and around, surgery went great. After the surgery yesterday I felt great, even walked into the grocery to the pharmacy to get my script and back out to the car. This was less than 4 hours after my surgery. Last night was a little rough they prescribed Lortab and I went ahead and took one last night just so I could sleep. I did stay at my mom's house last night only because my family insisted on it, they know me and I would have probably been up doing stuff.
Today I am sore and my belly is a little swollen but I was able to go out tonight and go to my youngest daughter band concert. My oldest drove me right up to the door and went and got the car and picked me up at the door. The teacher was very surprised that I was there.
The surgeon told my mother that my gallbladder was inflamed and loaded down with stones and that he is sending it to pathology. He also said that it looked like it has been inflamed for awhile. Well I could've told him that, I have been having lots of gastro problems since 1999.
But all in all I am doing good.
thanks for all the prayer and good wishes.
And for those of you that are still waiting I will pray for you and send good wishes to you all. And hope that yours goes as well as mine.

:moped: on my way to healing

mom+3girls said:
Well everyone, I am up and around, surgery went great. After the surgery yesterday I felt great, even walked into the grocery to the pharmacy to get my script and back out to the car. This was less than 4 hours after my surgery. Last night was a little rough they prescribed Lortab and I went ahead and took one last night just so I could sleep. I did stay at my mom's house last night only because my family insisted on it, they know me and I would have probably been up doing stuff.
Today I am sore and my belly is a little swollen but I was able to go out tonight and go to my youngest daughter band concert. My oldest drove me right up to the door and went and got the car and picked me up at the door. The teacher was very surprised that I was there.
The surgeon told my mother that my gallbladder was inflamed and loaded down with stones and that he is sending it to pathology. He also said that it looked like it has been inflamed for awhile. Well I could've told him that, I have been having lots of gastro problems since 1999.
But all in all I am doing good.
thanks for all the prayer and good wishes.
And for those of you that are still waiting I will pray for you and send good wishes to you all. And hope that yours goes as well as mine.

:moped: on my way to healing

Glad to hear you are up and around.

I have GB disease and newly diagnosed NASH fatty liver. I am soooo scared to have the surgery. I am a risk manager and see all the worst case outcomes which is only making me more worried. Have a lot of you sucessfully had the surgery? I already found out the ERCP and lithotripsy are not an option due to large stones.

mom+3girls said:
Well everyone, I am up and around, surgery went great.

I was thinking about you last night and wondering how everything went. From your post I'd say it went REALLY well. :thumbsup2

So you were in and out the same day. Lucky you! I've already been told that I'll be there over night. Probably because I'm OLD :mad: :teeth: Eh, that's probably OK though as I usually have a wicked time with anesthesia. If I'm going to be tossing my cookies, I'd rather do it in the hospital. :rotfl:

Well congratulations on having this surgery behind you and looking forward to eating without fear. I will hopefully be joining you in this club next week.

I had to be admitted Sunday night with acute choleycystitis. I had the lap choley Tuesday and came home late last night. I am sore in some unexpected places and for some reason all my muscles are sore but I am not having much pain. :cool1:

snowwite said:
I had to be admitted Sunday night with acute choleycystitis. I had the lap choley Tuesday and came home late last night. I am sore in some unexpected places and for some reason all my muscles are sore but I am not having much pain. :cool1:

Wow, I'm sorry that happened but at least it was quick. Tomorrow's my surgery and I'm going to worry myself into an ulcer by then. :(

I'm also expecting to be in over night and get home on Saturday. But you know the saying, "The best laid plans..." I was told 3 days with my thyroid surgery and I spent a total of 5 days in the hospital, 3 of which were in ICU.

My hope is that this surgery will in no way be as bad as I'm imagining it's going to be. Doesn't make me any less scared though. :guilty:

Glad you're home and it's over for you. Take it easy, you may be a bit dehydrated with all those achy muscles.

snowwite said:

I am laughing, not at you but... the day I had my surgery I told my mother that they must have dropped me off of the table because my shoulder and knee hurt like they were broken.
I ended up having to sit in the tub in hot water, I know I wasn't suppose to take a bath but I just ran enough water to cover my knee, it was the only relief I could get.
I had more pain in my shoulder and knee than I did from the actual incisions.

Wow, it's been two days now since my surgery and I can't believe how good I feel. The only things that are really bothering me are my back because I can't stand up straight and one of the incisions which is making me walk around hunched over. I've had NO shoulder pain at all. The other three incisions are just the tiniest bit uncomfortable. This morning I did laundry, washed dishes and swept the floor. The husband is amazed that I've bounced back so fast.

May be TMI for some but this was the first and only time that I've had surgery and did not throw up once. Kudos to the anesthesia department at Lakeland Hospital! :thumbsup2

Virgo10 said:
Wow, it's been two days now since my surgery and I can't believe how good I feel. The only things that are really bothering me are my back because I can't stand up straight and one of the incisions which is making me walk around hunched over. I've had NO shoulder pain at all. The other three incisions are just the tiniest bit uncomfortable. This morning I did laundry, washed dishes and swept the floor. The husband is amazed that I've bounced back so fast.

May be TMI for some but this was the first and only time that I've had surgery and did not throw up once. Kudos to the anesthesia department at Lakeland Hospital! :thumbsup2

I am glad you are doing so well.
:banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

mom+3girls said:
I am laughing, not at you but... the day I had my surgery I told my mother that they must have dropped me off of the table because my shoulder and knee hurt like they were broken.
I ended up having to sit in the tub in hot water, I know I wasn't suppose to take a bath but I just ran enough water to cover my knee, it was the only relief I could get.
I had more pain in my shoulder and knee than I did from the actual incisions.
It is so wierd. I have more pain in my neck and legs than my belly. The doctor said it is from positioning in OR when they put in the catheter etc. I was hoping to feel better by now but I still have cramps and feel so tired plus I am having some complications now. It is making it impossible to get ready for holidays. Did it take you long to recover?

Virgo10 said:

I have been doing very little housework. I did dishes and threw in laundry. I have been having my teens and DH help out. Try not to over do it.Glad to hear it went well for you :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter