Gallbladder Support Thread. Leave Your Fatty Food at the Door.

snowwite said:
It is so wierd. I have more pain in my neck and legs than my belly. The doctor said it is from positioning in OR when they put in the catheter etc. I was hoping to feel better by now but I still have cramps and feel so tired plus I am having some complications now. It is making it impossible to get ready for holidays. Did it take you long to recover?

I went back to work 5 days after my surgery. The first week I had days where I could barely put one foot in front of the other by the time I got home. My belly button is still pretty sore.
But all in all I feel great now. Still have some foods that I am still trying and finding some that I still can't eat.
Went for my followup today doctor said everything looked okay and that I can get back to normal activities as my body will let me, he said to really pay attention when my body says hey thats a little too much right now.
I have been playing catch up with my holiday planning. And kinda feel bad that I haven't been able to get all the things done that I need to get done. But people will just have to understand this year.

mom+3girls said:
I went back to work 5 days after my surgery. The first week I had days where I could barely put one foot in front of the other by the time I got home. My belly button is still pretty sore.
But all in all I feel great now. Still have some foods that I am still trying and finding some that I still can't eat.
Went for my followup today doctor said everything looked okay and that I can get back to normal activities as my body will let me, he said to really pay attention when my body says hey thats a little too much right now.
I have been playing catch up with my holiday planning. And kinda feel bad that I haven't been able to get all the things done that I need to get done. But people will just have to understand this year.
5 days, wow! I am now 7 days out and I am still too sore and in the bathroom too much to go to work yet. I saw the MD yesterday and he gave me a stronger medicine for thrush and said I can go back next Thursday. Now I need to wrap,bake and start (yes,start) my Christmas cards. I still cant wear normal pants and my belly hurts but per MD this is normal.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

snowwite said:
5 days, wow! I am now 7 days out and I am still too sore and in the bathroom too much to go to work yet. I saw the MD yesterday and he gave me a stronger medicine for thrush and said I can go back next Thursday. Now I need to wrap,bake and start (yes,start) my Christmas cards. I still cant wear normal pants and my belly hurts but per MD this is normal.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

My belly button area is still sore so I have to wear pants that are loose, thank goodness I have every size you an imagine in my closet, right now I only have 2 pair of pants that I wear that don't poke my belly or rub my belly button area.
I went back to work but was very sore and was exhausted when I got home, doctor did okay it but I should have taken a few more days.
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Virgo10 said:
Wow, it's been two days now since my surgery and I can't believe how good I feel. The only things that are really bothering me are my back because I can't stand up straight and one of the incisions which is making me walk around hunched over. I've had NO shoulder pain at all. The other three incisions are just the tiniest bit uncomfortable. This morning I did laundry, washed dishes and swept the floor. The husband is amazed that I've bounced back so fast.

May be TMI for some but this was the first and only time that I've had surgery and did not throw up once. Kudos to the anesthesia department at Lakeland Hospital! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you're doing so well. Be careful not to overdo it! When I had surgery I had some of the same sort of back issues. The doctor told me that I might be slightly dehydrated and encouraged me to drink plenty of water. I don't why it helps, but it did!

Argggg! I'm suffering a slight set back today. Yes, I'm an idiot! Yesterday I decided to go out for the first time since I got home. I went to the super Wal Mart in town and, instead of picking up one or two things, stayed on my feet for nearly 45 minutes. When I got back to the car I realized I'd forgotten some other stuff so I staggered back to the store. I knew when I got to the entrance there was no way I would be able to walk around in there so I ended up using a scooter.

Last night was bad! The biggest of my incisions (smack dab in the center of the stomach area) gets a little egg type protrusion when I over do. I'm assuming they must cut through the abdominal muscles when they go in and that are is weak enough so that my stomach is pushing against it causing the bulge. I'll be asking the surgeon when I see her next week.

Well, to be honest, this morning ain't that great either although it's not as bad as last night.

So long trips to the store are off my schedule until further notice. :rolleyes: On a more upbeat note, I seem to be able to eat just about anything I want to. :thumbsup2 Still haven't done any type of meal that would be really harsh but I can do spaghetti, tuna salad and ice cream all of which beats the 10 week diet of rice/chicken/potatoes/etc. by a mile. :teeth:

Just wanted to check in with you all and see how every one is doing.
I am finding that I can still not eat some foods but I can eat some that I hadn't been ablt to for a long time.
I feel good, my belly button is now not that sore but really sensitive, If my pants touch it it is like sticking a needle in it, doc says that will go away.
Take of yourselves.

Just wanted to check in with you all and see how every one is doing.
I am finding that I can still not eat some foods but I can eat some that I hadn't been ablt to for a long time.
I feel good, my belly button is now not that sore but really sensitive, If my pants touch it it is like sticking a needle in it, doc says that will go away.
Take of yourselves.
Glad to hear that you are doing so well. I am still not able to wear jeans yet-too sore. I was exposed to Roto virus(nasty stomach bug) a few days ago before I knew my parents were ill. Fingers crossed hoping I dont catch it because I cannot imagine it would feel to good to be throwing up with stitches in my tummy. Hope you all have a happy and healthy new year:wizard:

I'm doing a bit better each day. Some of you may have seen my post over on the CB about the visit I had to the surgeon. There was concern that I might have developed a hernia at one of the incision sites. She did tell me that it was far more common to have a hematoma there though.

Over the past 3 days the pain has finally started to decrease, something that would happen with a hematoma but not a hernia. I've got my fingers crossed.

I've been eating just about everything. The two stomach aches I've had so far were from eating dark meat turkey and then last night after an extremely greasy meal of Steak Umms and french fries. I know, EWWWWWWW! Well I figure I'll never know if this stuff if going to bother me if I don't try it. :rolleyes:

Other than some persistent fatigue, I'm feeling pretty good and have to keep reminding myself that it's only been 2 weeks since I had the operation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter