Garden Grill for breakfast or lunch

CaryHaven

DIS Veteran
We’re going to be trying some restaurants that we have never tried before for this upcoming trip. Garden Grill has long been on our list. Is the food better for breakfast or lunch? I can’t really tell from the menu. I don’t know what the sticky bun bake is, but my daughters are a little particular about their eggs. It looks like they might only like the fruit and the waffles, if the menu is correct. I personally think the lunch menu sounds a little more robust but I know sometimes things are on the buffet that aren’t listed on the menu. The breakfast sounds a little bit like Crystal Palace to me.

Breakfast is what is listed. It is AYCTE, and is brought to the table family style. WE liked it a lot, btu we are not fussy about how eggs are cooked, and honestly could make a meal out of the sticky bun. (I think I did)

I think that you know your family, and should pick the meal with the options that they prefer. If the only thing the kids will not eat enough to justify breakfast, book lunch or dinner. They also are AYCTE and are served family style.

I personally think the lunch menu sounds a little more robust but I know sometimes things are on the buffet that aren’t listed on the menu. The breakfast sounds a little bit like Crystal Palace to me.

As Nancyg56 said, Garden Grill is NOT your typical buffet. What you see on the menus is ALL there is to eat. They bring all of it to your table on platters and you eat what you want.

The sticky bun is a HUGE cinnamon roll cooked in what looks like a cast iron skillet and is delicious. I also have a picky egg eater, but he liked the eggs well enough. He didn't get seconds on eggs, but he got his fill of bacon!

GG is nothing like CP but it's one of my favorite breakfasts. My son eats tater tots, waffles and bacon with copious amounts of chocolate hazelnut sauce. He won't touch eggs no matter what. They are basic scrambled eggs but the fresh salsa they serve with it is off the hook.

Overall it is a great experience, esp as PPO going into Soarin'. The lunch/dinner menu there does not really appeal to me. I mean it sounds fine but basic, I'd rather have more interesting things for lunch/dinner. I tend to stick with character breakfasts over later meals just due to the cost.

Garden Grill breakfast (esp pre park opening) is my favorite Disney meal!! Lunch does not appeal to me.

I eat all the cinammon rolls and mickey waffles with nutella sauce plus some breakfast meats (sausage and bacon) along with the potato barrels. My husband eats the eggs, the meat, and the fruit. I don't think you can go wrong here!

Personally I prefer the breakfast menu compared to the current dinner menu.

The sticky bun is the greatest thing on planet earth. The salsas are amazing.

Another person who does Garden Grill as a PPO breakfast every trip. The girls see all of the characters and you won't miss any like you can at a buffet because they bring you the food. And the place is small, you will see the characters 2 to 3 times each. And of course after breakfast you go down and ride Soaring and Living With The Land with almost no wait and we then save that important 1st Fast Pass for Test Track or FEA.

GG breakfast is AMAZING! Its one of my faves. The food is delicious and fresh. I love it.
But quite honestly, since your family is picky and doesnt like anything on the menu except for fruit and waffles, i'd pass. No point in wasting all that money if they'll only eat two things.

GG breakfast is AMAZING! Its one of my faves. The food is delicious and fresh. I love it.
But quite honestly, since your family is picky and doesnt like anything on the menu except for fruit and waffles, i'd pass. No point in wasting all that money if they'll only eat two things.

My kid eats the waffles and tater tots only. Sometimes she will eat the cinnamon roll. I still think the PPO is worth it, especially since my husband and I love the food.

Garden Grill is my favorite character breakfast hands down and the meal I am most looking forward to this trip. We much preferred it over lunch/dinner.

You guys have definitely intrigued me :-). I hope the kids will eat a good amount, but it sounds like I will definitely eat. Making my reservation now… Now if only I could get a Sunday brunch at California Grill :-)

Ppo breakfast
1. A lot less expensive than lunch or dinner
2. Soarin twice with no wait afterwards
3. They don't fill the restaurant so you'll dress the characters at least twice
4. Food is better than lunch or dinner
5. Epcot has much better lunch options (including qs) than gg.

Epcot definitely wins in the food department of all the parks. I love Magic Kingdom, but often we will finish up there and go over to Epcot to eat. I actually have two reservations for Garden Grill now… One for breakfast and one for lunch (not the same day), but I’m thinking I probably will have to cancel the lunch because I am usually well into the countries by then and won’t want to backtrack to it. :/

We’re going to be trying some restaurants that we have never tried before for this upcoming trip. Garden Grill has long been on our list. Is the food better for breakfast or lunch? I can’t really tell from the menu. I don’t know what the sticky bun bake is, but my daughters are a little particular about their eggs. It looks like they might only like the fruit and the waffles, if the menu is correct. I personally think the lunch menu sounds a little more robust but I know sometimes things are on the buffet that aren’t listed on the menu. The breakfast sounds a little bit like Crystal Palace to me.

When did lunch and dinner change to a buffet? I thought they were AYCTE as well.

You guys have definitely intrigued me :-). I hope the kids will eat a good amount, but it sounds like I will definitely eat. Making my reservation now… Now if only I could get a Sunday brunch at California Grill :-)

Even if all they eat is fruit, they'll eat their weight in fruit. Our server brought out more fruit for my daughter, and only brought out the fruit she was eating. Seriously if we ever stayed at an Epcot resort, my husband would eat this breakfast every morning and he's NOT a breakfast person

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter