Garden Grocer, I guess its just a tad bit too much for my wallet

I'm happy to pay the difference at GG. It's just too convenient. If I can't afford an extra 14 bucks for all the beer, wine and fruit we order for our trip then I guess we should stay at home eh?
I think the issue for some is not a matter of being able to afford it but more a matter of not liking the feeling they get when they overpay for something.
I avoid that feeling when I can. Sometimes it really bothers me and it's hard to let it go. Other times I'll gladly pay more for convenience.

I second wegoshop. We usually do our own shopping as we have a rental house and do a lot of cooking. This year, our rental house owner allows grocery delivery before you arrive! They utilize wegoshop. I love that I can shop where I do at home and will have some idea of prices and they will use coupons. Also, they have a coupon on their site where you can get a $100 gift certificate for $75.

At the resort gift shop I will buy milk and cream cheese.

I may even pack a bottle of vodka and captain morgan's. :)
I pack the cream cheese! I use a soft insulated lunch bag, throw it in with some frozen juice packs or frozen bottles of water, and wrap the whole thing in a plastic bag. We have a direct 3hr flight. Even in summer, the juice packs are still mostly frozen.

Make sure you double/triple wrap those! I prefer the little airplane bottles. They are pretty hard to break. I've dropped a few on a tile floor and they didn't even crack.

I think the issue for some is not a matter of being able to afford it but more a matter of not liking the feeling they get when they overpay for something.
I avoid that feeling when I can. Sometimes it really bothers me and it's hard to let it go. Other times I'll gladly pay more for convenience.
I think of it as how much I want to save :) I can afford the extra up charge to have GG deliver it. I can also afford the resort prices. If I'm going to save and have breakfast in the room and drinks, might as well go all the way.

I pack the cream cheese! I use a soft insulated lunch bag, throw it in with some frozen juice packs or frozen bottles of water, and wrap the whole thing in a plastic bag. We have a direct 3hr flight. Even in summer, the juice packs are still mostly frozen.

Make sure you double/triple wrap those! I prefer the little airplane bottles. They are pretty hard to break. I've dropped a few on a tile floor and they didn't even crack.

I think of it as how much I want to save :) I can afford the extra up charge to have GG deliver it. I can also afford the resort prices. If I'm going to save and have breakfast in the room and drinks, might as well go all the way.

I've brought liquor back from PR and Nicaragua and been ok double and triple wrapping it PLUS wrapping it in some clothes and taping the clothes. Then putting it in a plastic bag.

I may do airplane bottles. You can get them pretty cheap at the liquor stores here. $1 each.

You over pay for everything at Disney. The feeling of guilt should be enormous for y'all then. I feel it too but I budget accordingly. Then I drink beer from Garden Grocer at half the cost of Disney.

You over pay for everything at Disney. The feeling of guilt should be enormous for y'all then. I feel it too but I budget accordingly. Then I drink beer from Garden Grocer at half the cost of Disney.

Some things make me feel guilt and some don't.

$300 for mediocre food at CRT for dinner I don't mind.

Spending $5 on a pretzel and DS takes two bites and throws it out kills me.

$14 for grocery delivery and the expensive prices bug me.

But I go bagless in the parks and buy $3 water without blinking an eye. Even though I have a case of water in the room that I bought from the gift shop for $7.

But I go bagless in the parks and buy $3 water without blinking an eye. Even though I have a case of water in the room that I bought from the gift shop for $7.

I don't mind the delivery fee so much, but some of the jacked up prices annoy me. We have used GG many times and always been pretty happy. One long weekend trip I was doing an order when I realized all of the stuff I was ordering would be really easy to bring. I checked a bag with snacks that cost me a little over $30 at the store. The GG order (same items) that I didn't place was over $60 plus delivery. I do value the convenience of the service, but not at any cost.

I was going to use them initially as well until I saw the prices and it became a big old NOPE. So now the plan is to ship soda/water/juice/salsa (all stuff I don't want exploding in a suitcase or is too heavy) through Amazon Pantry (I have a prime membership) and then my second free bag on Southwest is going to be all food. For cold items I am going to get an insulated lunch bag and put an ice pack in it and put cream cheese, cheese sticks, cottage cheese and it will keep it cold for that long. My bread and bagels will be in a lidded container so it won't get crushed. I will just buy some milk at the resort. It is just me and my DD13 so we aren't going to need a ton, we basically just want some snacks and drinks and breakfast items to do bfast in the room. Oh and I will be packing my own wine and liquor, in non-glass bottles.

I guess it all depends on what your needs are on vacation and the prices you are used to paying. For the convenience of having our water/snacks ready and waiting for us, we gladly pay for this service. Gardengrocer has had superior service/customer service for us over the years and since we always spend over $200, not really bothered by the "fee". Their prices are a little higher than where we live, but we expect that on vacation and it is a savings over WDW prices. If we drove then definitely I would drive to the nearest Publix, but taking Magic Express means it's Gardengrocer for us.

My bread and bagels will be in a lidded container so it won't get crushed.
I freeze our bagels :) Pack them in a gallon ziplock. We get the dozen from Costco and put them right in the freezer anyways because we can't eat them that fast.

Can you do PrimePantry for alcohol?
Nope, no booze of any kind. You can however pack that stuff in your suitcase. Heck my first trip to DW I had a friend ship me another bottle because we ran out lol

Nope, no booze of any kind. You can however pack that stuff in your suitcase. Heck my first trip to DW I had a friend ship me another bottle because we ran out lol

Just worried about it breaking.

Just worried about it breaking.
They sell some liquors in plastic bottles. Or you could transfer it into some sturdy plastic bottles and screw that lid down. Also they sell some very nice wines in boxes, but you have to get over that stigma. The Black Box wines are pretty tasty and then there won't be anything breaking. You could also transfer liquor into a rumrunner pouch if you were worried. That is how people sneak booze onto cruises.

I am glad people like GG and I will be ordering from them for our next trip. We use DME with no rental car. While the prices are higher for items at GG then at home and the delivery cost is hard to swallow, it will be worth it to have fruit and milk in the room! Also, the husband and I bought a 6 pack of some awful domestic canned beer on our last night when the girl fell out super early, and it cost us almost $20 with a bag of chips. It was super hot in the parks that early may and we must have dropped $50 on Powerade or whatever it is they sell in park. We will come out ahead next trip if I order from GG in my opinion!

I love garden grocer. I always get a case of water, yogurt, fruit, sometimes soda,and a few snacks. It is so convenient!

GG is definitely worth it for us. With 5 of us, we save $ buying food from GG for our condo rather than eating out. I hate grocery shopping on vacation, so GG is a splurge I can live with.

I'm considering either GG or WeGoShop for the first time. We're traveling with another couple and I thought that I would get some breakfast items, beer and wine coolers for the stay. I need to look at the total cost and compare it to just paying as we go at the resort.

Which resort gift shops offer a case of water for $7 on property? I would happily pay $7/case and then stick them in our room fridge and carry some with us, too.

There was a thread about it not too long ago. I think it's around $6.69, down from $16. I believe CR, POR, ASMU were a few confirmed places. I can't really remember all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter