Garden Grocer, I guess its just a tad bit too much for my wallet

Can someone confirm that if we use Amazon Prime to ship a pantry box to villa of Grand Floridian we will be charged a $10 fee from the resort?

Used Prime Pantry in.March - worked fantastically! Love the convenience of GG for fresh food and think the up charge on it is more than worth it. In the scheme of things, I am spending 1000s on a vacation -/a few extra dollars per products plus delivery = 25 or so total is just a drop in the bucket. Gladly pay it if it means avoiding a store on my vacay.

I was thinking of this....How long before you arrived did you place the order, and how long did it take to arrive?

TIA! :flower3:

Only thing to keep in mind is if you ship to a resort that has a convention center (CR, GF, BC/YC, BWI/BWV, CS) they charge a receiving/holding fee for all packages based on weight-I think a case of water is like $10 so that might negate the savings over Garden grocer if you ordered a couple cases of water or soda

We've gotten groceries delivered to CR 4 years in a row now and have never been charged this or any other fee.

We've gotten groceries delivered to CR 4 years in a row now and have never been charged this or any other fee.
You've shipped boxes via UPS or Fedex to CR and never had a charge? If so that's great-I have no personal experience doing it at CR/BLT (have shipped cases of water to SSR and WL) but I have read there is a charge there because ups/fedex shipments are received/handled by an outside business center at WDW convention resorts and they are the ones that charge the fee-if you mean you had groceries from garden grocer or a similar delivery service delivered to CR/BLT there shouldn't be a charge as those are delivered to bell services not the same place shipped boxes are.

You've shipped boxes via UPS or Fedex to CR and never had a charge? If so that's great-I have no personal experience doing it at CR/BLT (have shipped cases of water to SSR and WL) but I have read there is a charge there because ups/fedex shipments are received/handled by an outside business center at WDW convention resorts and they are the ones that charge the fee-if you mean you had groceries from garden grocer or a similar delivery service delivered to CR/BLT there shouldn't be a charge as those are delivered to bell services not the same place shipped boxes are.
No, we were talking about garden grocers delivery. I have no idea about shipping something yourself, but I know as far as grocery delivery and having the resort hold the groceries for you we have never been charged. I read about that charge before our first CR trip and was a little concerned, but we've at the CR hold our grocery delivery for 4 yrs now and have never been charged.

No, we were talking about garden grocers delivery. I have no idea about shipping something yourself, but I know as far as grocery delivery and having the resort hold the groceries for you we have never been charged. I read about that charge before our first CR trip and was a little concerned, but we've at the CR hold our grocery delivery for 4 yrs now and have never been charged.
Sorry for any confusion my earlier post was just a warning to people who were talking about shipping boxes to the resort using Amazon prime pantry instead of a service like garden grocer that there appear to be additional fees charged at the resort for receiving/handling these shipments

We ordered from GG around 6 years ago and I think it was much more "reasonable". I checked recently and the prices were outrageous. A 24 pack of bottled water was $8. The same case of water I can get for $4. Everything seems almost double the price. No thanks. I will ask for ice water at the CS restaurants and pack some dry goods in my luggage.:)

I've used PrimePantry and it usually takes about a week. For those of you who aren't familiar, you have to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of PrimePantry.

We ordered from GG around 6 years ago and I think it was much more "reasonable". I checked recently and the prices were outrageous. A 24 pack of bottled water was $8. The same case of water I can get for $4. Everything seems almost double the price. No thanks. I will ask for ice water at the CS restaurants and pack some dry goods in my luggage.:)
Well, there's also We Go Shop. The service charge is slightly higher, but they shop at the one store of the customer's choice.

We have used GG a few times. It's definitely not for everyone and not needed all the times. We will only use it if we are flying, staying 6 nights minimum and at least 4 people or more in our party - ages/needs?. Otherwise - we do not spend that much time in the room, we do not "cook" in the room. Most important items for us is milk, fresh fruit and a case of water. Sometimes worth just picking up at the resort. (We can bring cereal, coffee, snacks in our luggage - but we don't fly much anyway).

We just used GG for the first time last week during our stay at Kidani Village. I placed an $80 order for all the fixings for tacos, sub sandwiches, breakfast items etc. After driving from Virginia, it was fabulous to not do what I usually do upon arrival: drop the family off at the pool, go to Publix, get caught in a late afternoon thunderstorm, while loading and unloading the groceries. The groceries arrived right around 1, same time as us. Great service!! I am frugal most of the rest of the year. $14 for me not to have to grocery shop right away=priceless!!!

We just used GG for the first time last week during our stay at Kidani Village. I placed an $80 order for all the fixings for tacos, sub sandwiches, breakfast items etc. After driving from Virginia, it was fabulous to not do what I usually do upon arrival: drop the family off at the pool, go to Publix, get caught in a late afternoon thunderstorm, while loading and unloading the groceries. The groceries arrived right around 1, same time as us. Great service!! I am frugal most of the rest of the year. $14 for me not to have to grocery shop right away=priceless!!!

We arrive on the 20th. I placed a GG order at the 60 day mark to save the delivery fee, plus it was over $200 with beer/wine coolers. We drive from Texas. Our normal routine, is check in, unload, and I head out to Publix. I'm looking forward to unpacking and unwinding by the pool with a nice cool wine cooler after a 12+ hour car ride with 2 kids. And they can swim all afternoon and eat a sandwich. No hustling to get groceries just a nice relaxing arrival afternoon.

I am trying Prime Pantry for the first time this trip. We arrive on Friday of this week. I ordered on Saturday but the items did not ship until Monday. I guess I have a problem reading -it said 3 to 5 business days, but I am so used to using prime- I order it and it shows up quickly I did not comprehend that items would not ship until the next business day. I also ordered a box for my friend, on Friday and it shows it will be delivered on Thursday. I have been tracking the shipping and my package came from hebron KY, near Cincinnati and her package is coming from Seacaucus NJ. that's a long way for these items to be from Florida. I will post an update when received at resort. Prices were much less for what we needed from Garden Grocer and We go shop. We are going to buy juice, milk and other perishables from the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter