Gator grabs 2 year old at Grand Floridian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're on the poly right now. We were at the beach waiting for the fireworks when the chopper arrived and boat traffic with guests stopped. They were searching near the gf beach and that island in front of the lagoon. They didn't tell us what was going on. After the fireworks, i went into the orlando sentinel to see if there were any news. There were some kids playing near the border of the beach. As soon as I saw the news I yelled to the kids to get away from the water and alerted the people still there.
I don't understand how they did not close that beach too. Like if it is not connected!!!
The search is still going on. God help this family. This is horrific!! My heart and prayers are with them.

We're on the poly right now. We were at the beach waiting for the fireworks when the chopper arrived and boat traffic with guests stopped. They were searching near the gf beach and that island in front of the lagoon. They didn't tell us what was going on. After the fireworks, i went into the orlando sentinel to see if there were any news. There were some kids playing near the border of the beach. As soon as I saw the news I yelled to the kids to get away from the water and alerted the people still there.
I don't understand how they did not close that beach too. Like if it is not connected!!!
The search is still going on. God help this family. This is horrific!! My heart and prayers are with them.

They should have shut down all beaches immediately. That Poly beach is wayyyy too close.

No details coming in just yet. A search is still on going. No word if child was found or what exactly is going on.

No kidding, you would think they would have immediately dispatched resort employees to monitor the beaches. This is shocking, we have seen gators there more times than not I think, but they were all little. Never would I have guessed there were any of that size. This is so terrible.

No kidding, you would think they would have immediately dispatched resort employees to monitor the beaches. This is shocking, we have seen gators there more times than not I think, but they were all little. Never would I have guessed there were any of that size. This is so terrible.
It's a Florida fresh body of water. Gators are there and sometimes even through connected canals are spotted inside the the magic kingdom. It's something that really can't be avoided in Florida.

It's a Florida fresh body of water. Gators are there and sometimes even through connected canals are spotted inside the the magic kingdom. It's something that really can't be avoided in Florida.

I have seen quite a few decent sized gators in that body of water over the years.

What an awful weekend for the city of Orlando and this community. From Christina Grimmie (The pop star murdered by a fan Friday night) to this child tonight. Every loss of life is tragic, but please let this stop. I pray for everyone personally affected.

My local news just picked it up here in KC though they didn't have much information other than what rteez mentioned about the yellow tape and that it was near the beach area.

Im out of the park now, the helicopter appears to be in protected airspace but definitely over the lake searching still.

Surprisingly the ferry appear to still be running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter